“Great hotel - Room 3205”

Tamani Hotel Marina
Ranked #224 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
London
“Great hotel - Room 3205”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband, myself and his parents stayed in room 3205 the size was great (which allowed my in-laws to relax in comfort after days out) Master room with en-suite, twin room, full bathroom, shower room, cloakroom, large lounge with dining area and very large kitchen (with everythign you would need) and the view was amazing over the Palm, Burj Al Arab and Dubai city. The staff at reception, concierge and restaurant (great food) were amazingly helpful always, however I did find house keeping an issue, I had to phone them every day to get the room cleaned not what I would expect for a 5* this is why the Tamani has a 4 rating from me and not a 5.

There are road works on going outside the hotel however if you follow the rules of the road, i.e. when the GREEN MAN lights yo can cross the road it is very safe to do so, please note at the crossing junctions you have what looks like zebra crossing however they do not work the same way as in the UK, cars rarely stop for you, my advice wait for the green man.

The outside pool is a good size and what you may of read in previous reviews it does get the sun, plus they have a in-door heated pool.

The hotel does not have a bar but you can go to the Le Meridian across the road has a lovely bar area out side, or the Westin but your only in a courtyard (Le Meridian is better)

The hotel is in a great location for all amenities, no need to get transfers as taxi's are all metered and do not rip you off.

I would recommend this hotel to any one

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dn-travels
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

Warm greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you for your wonderful review I appreciate the time taken to write such a detailed review of your recent stay at Tamani Hotel Marina and your continuous patronage is truly appreciated.

We want our guest experiences to be memorable and for them to feel spoilt, and it’s refreshing that you have highlighted the small finishing touches like our amenities, and our suites with a magnificent view over the Palm. We are very happy reading your positive feedback especially towards our team members who provided services beyond your expectations and facilities that meet your satisfaction.

On the other hand, we take your feedback very seriously and we are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction with regards to the housekeeping. The cleaning service is on daily basis which has certain timing. It can happen anytime between 9:00 till 5:00 evening.

Once again, thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you back to Tamani Hotel Marina in the nearest future where you can only experience the true hospitality and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Walid.alawa@tamaimarina.ae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Helsinki
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I found many negative comments about Tamani. Yes, construction works going on, no 5 stars at studio rooms (3rd floor), still friendly staff (Asians, Emirate people don't work). My studio room was correct, and of couse if I could pay more, there should be really 5 stars upstairs. No need. No-alcohol place, but fortunately there is Westin Hotel opposite, nice Thai restaurant and wine bar.

Room Tip: Studio rooms at 3rd floor, no 5 stars. Construction work going on outside.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank HelsinkiFinnish
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, April 15, 2013

Warm greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time and point out the issues that occurred during your recent visit.

We take your feedback very seriously and we are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction with regards to the construction works going on thus it is not affecting the hotel operation.

Also would like to take the chance to inform all readers of our webpage that we always match the original room type booked, nevertheless please inquire about upgrading your booking to the next category upon arrival as we have many great deals for last minute changes.

We greatly appreciate your recognition of our friendly staff and made a difference to your stay by their service as they seem to have been.

Tamani Hotel Marina is a 5 star quality and alcoholic free hotel as we keeping the Islamic cultures and values and has many fans from around the globe and we hope that you become one of them in the near future!

alcester
Reviewed April 13, 2013

this hotel is surrounded my major roadworks making any walking to the Marina(normally 5 mins) dangerous and time consuming(20 mins) we booked using expedia and no notification was given about the condition of the surrounding area. I would advise anyone travelling toa hotel near the Dubai Marina to make extra checks on the construction and road works.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank roy t

Warm greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. It is only through our valuable guests’ feedback that we can maintain and improve our level of customer service that we aspire to have.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and it is very disappointing that we fell short of our goal this time.

We take your feedback very seriously and we are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction with regards to the condition of the surrounding area due to construction road works thus it is not affecting the hotel operation.

I do hope that this occasion will not deter you from returning to Tamani Hotel Marina at some point in the future.

If you are travelling to Dubai again, please contact me personally to make your arrangements so I can ensure your next stay with us is a much better one.

Rosario
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a reservation for a standard room, and when I walked in I immediately requested an upgrade as the room was tiny old and depressing.
They gave me an upgrade to a huge room which was really nice.

Location is ok, and the gym and pool are really nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Capodicapi2
Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed there just for one night in the so called STUDIO ROOM.
The room is super small. You have just the strictly necessary like ONLY ONE TOWEL for the shower!
The staff is not kind at all, they treat you like a number.
They don't have free wifi while in all the others hotels is free!
All that area is a construction area right now so quite noisy.

The only positive thing is that you are in front of the barasti beach which is very nice and free.

I will not go there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NicoleMaggio
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I appreciate receiving your feedback and bringing to our attention the issues you have experienced during your stay with us. I regret that we were not able to meet your full expectations.

We have noted your comments with regards to our studio room. Mainly the room is designed exclusively for solo traveler. The room is stylishly appointed with a size of approximately 20 sqm.

With regards to wifi, in some areas of our hotel the internet service provided free of charge which you can get it upon request on the other hand the road construction is part of Dubai development which is not affecting the hotel operation and ensure that we have passed your feedback to our team for their not up to mark performance.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and I do hope you will give us another chance to consider a repeat stay. I would be more than happy to assist you with your next booking personally and ensure you have a pleasant stay at Tamani Hotel Marina.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Recently returned from a 6 night stay in March at this hotel, fantastic time the location was 1st class literally 5mins from the superb beach with unreal views & also short walk from the marina
with some amazing resteraunts.The staff in the hotel could not of been more helpfull & pleasant
nothing at all was a problem, we had a suite on the 30th floor would definetly recommend this
panaramic views & the rooms spotlessly clean, could not fault this hotel at all will certainly go
back,,,,,,, as far some of the negative comments , they must of been staying in a different hotel
totally not true !!! overall had a wonderfull time thanks to the Tamini :-)

Room Tip: request a high floor as lots of building work outside but we never heard a thing as on the 30th flo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank janicew200
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a wonderful all apartment hotel. I loved the stay.Rooms are too good well maintained.
Just found it far from bur Dubai where I had work.
Wonderful for a holiday stay.
Please have more of vegetarian breakfast for Indians.

Room Tip: Excellent 2 br appatment
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business