“The best place to be.”

Ranked #223 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“The best place to be.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stayed at the Tamani Hotel Marina for 4 nights and we only wish it could have been longer. From booking in, to the bellboys and housekeepers, everyone was so friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was amazing, lovely view of palm jumeirah so beautiful. We had a half board package which worked out very well. The food in the restaurant was great with so much choice. Also the 24/7security popping up when we where lost at the beginning of our trip.
If anyone is thinking of going to Dubai I would recommend Tamani Hotel marina to be your choice.

Stayed November 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were pleased with the service as well as the facilities we have on offer at the hotel.

Please be assured that all your kind words of appreciation with regards to our associates will be shared with them accordingly.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a fantastic stay at the Tamani hotel in 2010. I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with living room,kitchen, and 3 bathrooms. It was very spacious and so comfortable. The hotel provided a free shuttle bus service that would arrive at the hotel at specific times in the day and transport people to different places. Air conditioning was great, if it got to cold, i opened a window and hot air would blow through which was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone willing to spend a little extra for comfort. Staff are friendly, appartment was spotless and the swimming pool was pretty, and peaceful. Luckily, we got our apartment cheap because we booked it very last minute.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Layo E

Venice, Italy
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It is marketed as a 5-star hotel, but sadly not all the rooms are 5-star. Try to ensure you never get a room on the 3rd floor, as these are akin to a 2-star standard. The location was good if you prefer staying around the Marina. Not sure i would book this hotel again, the service was good, but the room itself leaves much to be desired.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Venetian_Love
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, November 17, 2012

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at TAMANI Hotel Marina. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet some of your expectations on this occasion.

Please note that there are single rooms in our hotel and it is clearly mentioned on the booking website the size of the room and that is for single occupancy only.

London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This probably would not have been my hotel of choice but my son lives in Dubai and in fact, right around the corner from this hotel. As he has a small apartment I wanted to be near him and this place was absolutely perfect for me. It was a studio. Not luxurious at all and probably a bit jaded really but horses for courses. This studio was great for me. Tiny kitchenette bit with kettle and fridge. Large single bed or small double with tv. Bathroom clean. Tiny shower cubicle with curtain but fantastic shower. Plenty of wardrobe space for one. This was meant for one person and as I was alone it was great for me. I can't speak about the two bedroom aparthotel rooms they had because I didn't see any. The pool was fine. Sun in morning for couple of hours from 9am and then it moved behind a skyscraper and came again in the afternoon but I was always out. Indoor pool also. Gym looked nice but didn't use it. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help if you asked. I didn't eat in the hotel so I can't judge on that either. Perfect for me though with my son walking over to get me or I walked round the corner to him but still had my own space and enjoyed reading in my room and watching tv. Price was good as Dubai expensive and I preferred to have the money to spend doing stuff or eating out which is quite expensive.

Room Tip: Not sure really. My son went to see the rooms beforehand and said one was better than the other but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at TAMANI Hotel Marina. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the service as well as the facilities we provide at the hotel. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The place is a great choice if you have meetings planned in Dubai Internet City. It is stone's throw away from the place with good connectivity. Was upgraded to a HUGE 2 bedroom apartment with a kitchen and a living area on the 33rd floor. And all this at a very good price. I personally hate the size of hotel apartments, but this place was indeed huge, which I loved.

The bathrooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, the kitchen was well equipped, and very important for me, the tv had a good number of English channels. The building also accommodates some private apartments which are not a part of the hotel. I guess only some floors are operated by the hotel and others are privately owned/rented.

The rooms on the front side have good views of the sea. However the rooms/apartments on the back side overlook the american university and a construction site which was one thing I did not like. Although I did get to see a small lake in a green park which I loved (miss the greens a lot whenever travelling to Dubai). Overall, not a good view out if you're staying on the apartments on the back side of the property. Maybe once the construction in the building right behind gets over, it'll be a better view. The hotel lacks an impressive entrance/ lobby as well. I found it to be pretty mediocre for a 5 star property. Another thing which I did not like were the fittings in the bathrooms. Good, but not perfect. Also, the management may want to change the leather boxes in the bathroom in which they keep the shampoo etc. The leather is worn out and does not look good at all.

Overall, a good, comfortable stay in a huge place in a great location. Will definitely stay again when back with work at the Dubai Internet City.

Room Tip: Front side, high floors if possible. Avoid back side till the construction of the building behind th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, November 4, 2012

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at TAMANI Hotel Marina. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the service as well as the facilities we have on offer at the hotel. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet some of your expectations on this occasion.

Please note that TAMANI Hotel Marina is Deluxe Hotel Apartments not residential tower. The construction around the hotel is public work and be guided on the fact that the construction work may not affect the guests’ stay in the hotel. We take your feedback with regards to fitting boxes in the bathroom very seriously and we will identify this issue.

Our Tamani Hotel Marina team would always be willing to make your stay comfortable.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Let me know when you will visit Dubai with work at the Dubai Internet City.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here twice in 2 weeks. First visit, I stayed in a 2 bedroom apt... this is where you want to be if you are staying at Tamani.. the apts are huge and very impressive (4 toilets!!!).

Second time (the following week) I was given a studio on the third floor... this isnt so great. Its ok if you are a male and travelling on your own,,but, not so good if you are with a partner.

I like Tamani and will stay again...but I will only accept a 2 bedroom apt in future.

Humphrey at the front door deserves a mention - a great guy with a friendly and helpful attitude. Some of the arabic staff need to explain things better to english speaking guests... I experienced some confusion at times. The lift is very slow and the 3rd floor in particular needs air conditioning... its HOT!

The gym is SUPERB... the pool area is nice. All in all - Tamani provides good value and is located in a good area, Carrefour right next to it and walking distance to the beaches and the famous Barasti bar.

Room Tip: book a 2 bedroom apt. They are superb.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Warm Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

Our team is eager to hear your comments on your experience, with pleasure to know that your expectations were exceeded. It is also pleasure to mention that the service of our associates is to be professional, meticulous and thorough, and they have long experience in the hospitality industry which has taught them how to meet and exceed each guest's expectations.

We take your feedback with regards to lift and air conditioning on the 3rd floor very seriously and we will identify the issues with Engineering Department.

All your kind comments with regards to the Health Club in the hotel are all greatly appreciated.

n.ireland
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and would loved to have stayed a little longer! On arrival I was helped with my heavy luggage by the door man, checked and and offered a free upgrade to one of their suites! I was delighted. Very clean room with fantastic amenities, kitchen included a washing machine, microwave large fridge and dish washer, all things which I used!
This isnt five star but I would most definittely return here. Beautiful beach within walking distance and rooftop pool which i made great use of!
There is road works going on outside the hotel but I didnt hear any noise from this!
Room cleaned well each day!
I was travelling on my own and felt very safe in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo