“Great gym!”

Tamani Hotel Marina
Ranked #222 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
“Great gym!”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Very good hotel! I booked a single studio but at my arrival the girl at the desktop told me that they upgrated me in a room little bit big...amazing!the room was a big apartment with 4 bathroom,2 bedroom,1 big kitchen and a very big room with plasma tv!fantastic!
The gym of the hotel is free as per sauna and steam room!the gym is very good!the person at the reception are very friendly. The restaurant is good and also the breakfast is not bad. I paid only 100 € each night during the boat show!

• Stayed March 2012
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Tamani Hotel Marina!

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were pleased with the service as well as the facilities we have on offer at the hotel.
Our team is eager to hear your comments on your experience, with pleasure to know that your expectations were exceeded.

Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Thank goodness I was only staying in the Tamani for two nights. My cell, sorry room - no I was right the first time was a small L shaped area with a toilet/shower area, a little galley kitchen (not sure why) a small desk with a hard wooden chair and what would be classed in the UK as a three quarter bed. More of a Prince sized bed than a King Sized. The shower cubicle was about 30" square with a shower curtain which immediately attached itself to my rear end and refused to let go. I had a bath towel and a bath mat - one of each, the first night and had to ring housekeeping the second night to get even that. There were no pictures or anything on the pained walls,, just a couple of scuff marks.
My room was on the third floor at the front of the hotel and I was not happy that Jensen Button was practicing hill starts outside most of the night. If not him then that Michael bloke.

Getting the picture - yes your right, I was less than impressed, a lot less.

To be fair the food in the restaurant was good and the staff there were friendly.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leshaswell
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at TAMANI Hotel Marina.

I was pleased to read your kind words regarding the restaurant. And it is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, however please be noted that the rooms’ specifications have been already mentioned on the website and we distinguish the fact that the room type booked did not satisfy your requirement which was valued at that competitive price.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly at walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TAMANI Hotel Marina in the near future.

Nice, France
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We arrived there with seven hrs delay, had sent a mail to the hotel to keep our rooms, they confirmed by mail that they hold them but they had sold them and the hotel was fully booked when we arrived 8:00am in the morning instead of the night before.
They wanted to gibe my partner a room (chamber) in the business center with a bed and me a suite with a surcharge. I refused the surcharge and they accepted and my biz partner also got a suite that afternoon.
Big and spacey, the hotel is a bit far away from the center and the walk to the metro is 15 - 20 min's rather than the 5 mentioned on the net.
All in all, eventually a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, do not book anything at the end of the corridor on the third floor: Attent...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HermJP
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that eventually you had a good experience in our hotel. It is our aim to always provide the highest level of hospitality service to all our guests, and I would apologize that we did not meet some of your expectations on this occasion.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Great hotel ,,I booked 2 bed room apartment ,nice living room with dinning table Huge room,very clean, you can see very good view of dubai and very good location..all the staff are friendly and helpful ..definitely ,,I will say "YES" to go to
this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank welli d
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I booked a studio apartment in this hotel but what I got was a jaw dropping experience. Checking in was not a hassle as it can be in some hotels. When I opened the door to my room I was shocked to see that I had been upgraded to a suite. I could not believe what I got for the price I paid. This hotel does not serve liquor which might be dissapointing to some but I was happy that I chose the Tamani Hotel in the Dubai Marina. At first I thought that I would be too far from everything but once I got in a cab I realized how cheap it is to get around in Dubai. Everywhere I wanted to go was 15-20 minutes away. The hotel staff was very friendly and they even helped me book a Desert Safari which was amazing. Some claim that this not a 5 star hotel but that did not stop me from booking with them. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Dubai. This hotel made my stay in Dubai an extrodinary experience as I felt like royalty in that suite that could most likely fit my entire family.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed here in January 2012 for 7 nights on business. Hotel is located 10 minutes from beach, half hour from centre of Dubai, 40 minutes from airport. Staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. Restaurant is pleasant, although we only used it for coffees. Lifts were fast and plentiful. We booked two of their single studio rooms. Rooms were dated but clean and fine for what we wanted - just somewhere to put our head down each night. Unfortunately the studio rooms are situated right above the garage, and the smell in the corridor leading to the rooms is like walking through the engine room of a ship. Very strong fumes and constant smell of diesel. Fortunately smell did not permeate into the rooms. It's a shame, as the smell spoiled what would otherwise have been a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Anywhere bar the studio rooms!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Learn from my mistake... I had to book a room in Dubai but was "late" as I booked 7 weeks ahead of time using Expedia, the 4 star Tamani Hotel Marina. Normaly I take a Marriott but the Tamani was only a 3rd of the price and I thought to smart. Reading the rates at the Expedia I should had have doubts as a +/-20% complained at a 4/10 while others reported roughly 8/10, my mistake to believe the last group.

The receptionists are all lovely but not really smart/honest. Knowing the negative rating from a few guests I told them I would not be pleased with a room they stayed in. That was not the case they told me, but what they gave me?

Room 301, white stone dirty floor, I think 15 square meter bedroom and 6 in the bathroom. Airco blew air but not cold, separate water heating system for the shower, noisy above imagination. I thought not to complain and just enjoy this hell hole however the whole night I could hear people so clearly if they where next to me. Also they where working with loud machinery and I could hear cars. On top of that the smell of food, the whole night! The morning after I complained and asked another room but sort fully booked. Night number two, same story and I stated my Indiana Jones adventure on floor #3. At 11pm I found out that my floor was next to a big separation door and behind this unlocked door in the hallway there was a car parking....it seemed that the first 3 floors of the building where originally build as a car-park but they changed that to rooms however not all. Dangerous, against any safety regulation I can think of and not the last not really a comfortable location for any guest you would say? I ventilated my anger to the reception desk but no way that I got another room, fully booked sir! Next morning I complained again and asked for the duty manager, not on duty, sorry sir please call us after 9. So I did but after 15 minutes talking to every member of the reception desk they understood I was not pleased and got the director on the phone. He apologized and arranged to provide me another room on the same floor. #326, same price but 50 sq. meter, clean, airco that works and close to the emergency exit what I asked for before I even booked as I have a hotel fire experience.

So what did we learn? Always take a hotel from a known global chain, Marriott or Hilton has a high standard and corporate control. It helps to complain and keep on doing that until they solve the problem. If people are spending time writing a negative review there is a reason, trust me!!

Room Tip: Skip the complete 3rd floor or even better, skip this hotel!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business