My wife and I have stayed in this hotel 4 times now, over Christmas and New Year for the last 4 years. It never ceases to impress me, so every time I come back to the UK I end up booking up again immediately for the following year (which I have already done for 2014/2015 New Year).
The General Manager Michael Sorgenfrey is the only manager from hotels I've stayed in around Dubai that takes care in looking after the clientele - every morning whilst at breakfast he came around to speak to each table and check everyone is ok. Generally he went out of his way and went the extra mile to make us feel welcome and looked after - everything you'd expect from a top hotel. He is a credit to The Address Organisation!
For those who haven't been, its in a fantastic location with lots of places walkable from the hotel, including the Dubai Mall, the Fountains, Burj Khalifa, Metro and the Al Bahar Souk where there's plenty of restaurants to sample. The only downside at Christmas time is that it gets busy out the front, and sometimes its difficult to get a taxi. More organisation or more staff are needed for the valet parking to handle the volume of super cars turn up. Looks like these people use the valet parking for access to the Souk and the restaurants, but as a result the hotel clientele can suffer in terms of access to taxis etc, although you can get some great pictures of super cars!
One minor thing, carpet in our room was tired and could do with changing, but nothing to complain or worry about, and I'm sure it will be done. Otherwise absolutely fantastic, and looking forward to coming back at the end of 2014. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai