We arrived at this hotel at 6.00 am and were not due to check in until 2.00pm. We were greeted warmly and offered refreshments while the friendly staff checked us in. As our room was not ready we were offered a room to relax and refresh in after our overnight flight until our booked room was ready. Our booked room was still not ready by 2.00pm, check in time so we were offered another room at no extra charge. The new room was a 3 room suite surrounded by water on 3 sides with fantastic views. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was the best I have ever experienced any where in the World and it doubled as a sumptuous dinner buffet in the evening. The location is perfect- within undercover walking distance to the Dubai Mall and the Khalifa. The whole stay at this hotel was a never to be forgotten experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai