We stayed here in Jan 2013. Had visitors from Sydney Australia and decided to spend couple of night in Dubai from Abu Dhabi. We picked the Palace becuase of the location next to Dubai mall. It is not the cheapest option but it has he wow factor ( as plenty of other hotels in Duabi ) but you can't beat the location next the mall and the dancing fountain. We had dinner at the Thai restaurant in the hotel and we had such a good meal ( again not cheap ) but for a treat and authentic Arabian feel this is a lovely chocie and highly recommend it. From Dubai mall you can take the metro(train), change lines but this will take you to the gold and spice souk and catch the ABRA ( ferry) for just one dirham. Enjoy the hotel as it makes you feel like you have steps back in time with class and luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai