“Not worth the Money you pay”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #45 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The very impressed with the location. But the services in the hotel was very poor. My check-in took too long & i had to wait for my lauggage over 30 minutes to arrive. Rooms were bit dirty & disorganized. My bath room was clean but the shower wasn't working well. Room carpets were very dirty & had bad odor. I won't rush to visit Palace anytime soon.

3  Thank simon l
Michael_Sorgenfrey, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.

We are truly sorry to know that you did not experience the high level of service from our associates where they put so much passion to deliver it to each and every guest. Your comments about the room condition are well considered and we are currently working on projects to enhance our guests’ experience. Please accept my most sincere apologies and rest assured the points you have highlighted will be addressed.

I hope you will honor us with an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Michael Sorgenfrey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,832)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel do NOT deserve to be the five star hotel. I experienced the masherbia fall down. If you ask me, five star hotel with carpets are stained, Check-in and out are poor, and concierge is not well information provider, unfortunately, they do not well deserve.

Not value for money!

1  Thank James J

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for feedback following your stay with us.

We would like to express our most sincere apologies for the service shortfalls during your stay. We do have records of the incident and I remember myself when the team reported the Masherbia falling which luckily did not hurt anyone. I truly hope that the discount that we offered on the room charge for that night was satisfying.

I also regret to read about the experienced service from our Concierge and during the check in process. Please be assured that we are constantly reviewing the feedback we receive to improve our level of service for our guest.

I apologize once again and on behalf of the entire team we hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent facility with professional and attentive staff. Good location near the center of city. Extensive breakfast buffet. Well furnished room with all you would expect. Beautiful views of Burge Kahlifah from pool.

Room Tip: Request a Burge view

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words that you shared in your review. I am glad to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and our Associates will be thrilled to know how much you appreciated their service and that you felt “like a Sheik”.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

A really good "Arabian Nights" theme of traditional middle eastern architectural styles make the hotel a joy to behold.while still being absolutely modern and well equipped.
The room was spacious and overlooked the fountains so there was the noise of the music a few times each evening but you barely heard it.
We were perfectly happy with both the hotel and staff and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to learn that you were happy with your recent stay with us and enjoyed our Associates’ service as well as the location and surroundings overlooking the fountains.

It was our pleasure to have you as a guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed two nights there to experience difference hotel in Dubai, this hotel is not too big compare with al QASR madinat jumeirah, location is perfect just next door to Dubai mall.you can walk down there.
The room is standard size, nothing special like other 5 stars hotel.my room was overlooking the Dubai fountain, when the show starts, I can see clearly from the balcony therefore suggest to stay in the fountain view rather than the pool view.
I didn't try their breakfast because I woke up too late,their swimming pool is quite big. has a nice view too. Valet parking also free of charge.however, their price is similar to al QASR madinat jumeirah, so I prefer to stay at al QASR, at least ,their outdoor area is huge,you have lot of things to do,

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review following your stay with us. We are glad to know that you liked our location and the views from the room and swimming pool. At the same time we appreciate your thoughts on the hotel in comparison to Al Qasr which is actually a different concept from ours.

Thank you once again and the entire team hopes to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Beautiful hotel facing the Dubai Fountain and opposite the tallest building in the world, the setting of this property is outstanding. It is a pity that the service is not up to the same high standards.

First of all the TV reception was poor in our room and despite repeated phone calls and workmen visits, the problem was not resolved after our 5-day visit. Turn down service was skipped for one day after housekeeping enquired when they should make the visit. One evening, I was woken up by the door bell at 1:30am for a luggage delivery by the porter which had nothing to do with me.

Notwithstanding the above issues, I would still recommend staying at the hotel which is really lovely. The service problem I understand is a common problem in Dubai since most of the hotel workers are non-local and have only been there for a short period of time.

If Dubai is to excel in its tourism industry, they really have to do something about retaining good workers to adopt the city as their new home and to live & work there for the long term.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read from your review that during your stay with us you had enjoyed the location and were pleased with your overall experience despite the TV malfunctions you had faced. We are currently working on a project to improve this product as we are well aware of the necessity to do so.

At the same time I am truly sorry that you did not experience the high quality of service which we try to provide even though all the associates are from so many different countries. We will certainly consider all your comments for further improvement

Thank you again for your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was there for 3 nights and the way this was sold to me was Oasis on earth, I could see the earth but not the Oasis.

The hotel has a beautiful location, close to the biggest Mall in Dubai, as its in the centre of the city, traveling comes easy.

I was promised the fountain view room, I could only see the glimpse of the fountain, carpets in the room were stained. I'm sorry I need the water gun next to WC not there and bathrooms are small.

Staff is polite but over friendly.

Restaurants are always busy you better make reservations in advance, we were checking out on Saturday, so I asked to meet with the GM for the feedback, as you see his pictures everywhere in the hotel but you cant find him. As per the night manager he is off on Friday and works half days on Saturday.

Pay a bit more and stay in a better property.

Room Tip: Dont Ask for Club rooms they dnt have any !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ahmed M

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time out to give us your feedback.

It is very regretful to read your review in regards to the room condition and view. It was brought to my attention that out our Director of Rooms met you during your stay to express apologies and rectify the situation by offering a room move however I believe you were not satisfied with the resolution. I am also sorry that I was not able to meet you upon departure but nevertheless was glad to speak to you over the phone when you were back home. I have discussed with the entire team your comments that you shared with me to be looked into for further improvement.

Once again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us and we look forward to being able to welcome you back in the very near future