I stayed four nights at this hotel and found the location to be ideal as I wanted mainly to visit Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall and see the fountains all of which are a few minutes walk away.
I enjoyed the stay although I did not use many of the facilities or restaurants. You are spoilt for choice for restaurants in the area surrounding the hotel.
On arrival the taxi could not get near the entrance and the taxi driver was asked to drop me down the drive, no problem apart from the two cases!
Fortunately the car park attendant carried them in for me.
Check in was slow, despite it being 8.30pm I don't think the room was ready. I had requested a high floor room but only a second floor one could be found. The standard rooms are on the first three floors and the suites on the higher floors.
There was a wonderful view of the fountains from the 4th floor viewing terrace.
My room had a view of the lake but not the fountains but it was quiet apart from the slightly noisy air conditioning.
I liked the Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet toiletries in the bathroom and there was a great shower cap.
I found the service rather business like and when I checked out I was not asked if all was okay because the cashier was talking to her manager about a problem with another guest.
However I did enjoy my stay and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Palace Downtown Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai