“Fantastic hotel”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #45 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 15, 2011

The Palace is a beautiful hotel in a near perfect location. We were upgraded from a standard room to a diplomatic suite, which was amazing - possibly bigger than a flat I used to live in! And the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff in the restaurant lovely and very helpful. Plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance and there are always numerous taxis outside if you want to go further afield. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return next time I'm in Dubai - we only stayed for 2 days and I'm left wanting to experience more!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Jolann_11,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit to Dubai and thank you for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very happy to read your thoughts and feelings on our hotel and will gladly share with my team. I would agree, two nights are not enough for thie resort and city, but You are always welcomed back.

Wishing you the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,832)

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed there in 2010 but i still remember my stay since then due to its uniqueness,
In summary I would highlight some key points why you should stay there if you can afford the price (which could be the only drawback if you are looking for an average priced hotel):
1- Friendliness of the staff and the surrounding environment of the hotel is very nice
2- The Location is amazing, it is a 3-min walk from Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world) and also a 5-min from Dubai Mall (Biggest mall in the world)
3- The variety of the food in the restaurants is very diverse and you will surely find several cuisines that you'll like.
4- If you are looking for relaxation, then definitely this is the one to stay in

Room Tip: Try and get the room with the Fountain View as you'll get the chance to watch the fountain show...
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2011

Dear Mr. El Geneidy,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sahing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am happy to read your thoughts and recommendations on the hotel and agree that from a location standpoint, there is no better in DUbai. Truly an Oasis in every term. Thank you for your comments on the service and food offerings, my team work very hard to ensure the best in service and product for our guests to ensure lasting memories for all.

We look forward to your return and wish you well.

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We arrived in Dubai after an overnight flight after our wonderful but busy wedding day. Just the initial first view of the stunning hotel made us relax and it was so special. The staff, our room with very kind honeymoon extras, the food, the view! We had no idea about the fountains until we heard the noise, they were so magical I dont think I missed a show the whole three days we were there. But we did find the heat exhausting and were so glad for the air conditioned Souk Al Bahar 100 meters from the Hotel Entrance and then across the bridge to The Dubai shopping centre (largest in the world), where we grateful for the reasonably priced soft drinks at Waitrose! Really most of the other reports on here re The Palace are so accurate. The hotel restaurants are all good and actually reasonably priced the wine is expensive but very good. Not many of the restuarants in the souk or shopping mall are licensed. I can only say it is the best placed hotel for a few days break.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear MorganLL.

Firstly, Congratulations again!

Thank you for choosing the Palace to share your occasion.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am happy to read that we met and exceeded your expectation and could do a bit more to make your occasion even that much more special. My team will be happy to read your comments.

Wishing you both the best in life and love and we hope to welcome you back to The Palace in the near furture.

All the best.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

As I part of my trip to Dubai I stayed three nights at The Palace Old Town Old. The location is excellent with a super view to te Burj Khalifa and a few minutes on foot to the Dubai Mall. Some rooms have also view to the Dubai Fountain: a must to see when in Dubai. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and very helpful. We had a room on the ground floor with an excellent view to the Dubai Fountain. Rooms are really spacious, the only negative thing is that even the hotel is recent the furniture in some parts looks already old. As usual in this five stars hotel there is everything you should expect: coffee/tea maker, excellent amenities in the bathroom, slippers, etc. In my opinion the best thing is that the hotel really looks Arabic and is in a excellent location: at the top of the Burj Khalifa, The Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountain: everything is a few steps away! The breakfast is excellent with a lot of choice for every guest desire. The only negative thing, noted also in other restaurants in Dubai, is that you just finished of eating and the waiter clean straight away the table! Also the commons spaces look very good in Arabic style, the lobby is wonderful with a superb fountain with petals of rose. I would recommend a stay the The Palace Old Town for both leisure or business. You should be aware that if you are looking for beach/swimming pool life you should chose another hotel: The Palace has a swimming pool but is small. Overall a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Dubai Fountain view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Dear Athens85,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I appreciate the wonderful comments and the fact that you enjoyed the service, location and experience. I have noted your comment on the condition, please know that we are continuously re-finishing our rooms to ensure best in quality. Seems we have more to go. Know that your comments are shared with my team for immediate action.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have stayed in many great hotels in Dubai over the years, however, the Palace Old Town is just stunning. The location is great for business or pleasure - although it is not near the beach. The hotel has a morrocan palace feel and the beautiful lobby has been ideal for business meetings. The pool area transforms at night from a gorgeous sunning area into a romantic desert sand type of hide a way with little lanterns and lots and lots of cushions. The rooms are of a good size and very comfortable and good for working. The only downside ws that it took nearly an hour to check in. What were they doing? I will be back again in Jan!

Room Tip: Don't confuse this hotel with the Emirates Palace or the Palace at the One and Only Royal Mirage...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EBoultbee
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Dear Eboultbee,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and of your experience. My apologies for the delay on arrival. I will definitely address with my team. I appreciate you informing me.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best,

Reviewed September 28, 2011

The Palace- the old town is a superb 5 star hotel. I have yet to experience to same high quality and standard of service anywhere in the world and we have travelled extensively over the years. The staff are superb, everyone is friendly, professional and pleasant in every part of the hotel, from the poolside, the concierge, the waiters, the spa staff and front of house staff including the assistant manager.

We arrived in the early hours of the morning, to find our room decorated in rose petals and a cake wishing us a happy honeymoon....a lovely touch!

The room is spotless and all ameneties around the hotel are well manicured and immaculate. It really is a pleasure to be staying here and we will definitely come back again. The only slight hiccup was that we needed non feather bedding due to allergies and they didn't have that ready for us, but we got it resolved quickly.

Nikhill, the assistant manager met us at dinner one night and we had a great conversation. First thing the following day, he gave us a list/itenerary of things we should do while we are here....he gave us great recommendations.

Even the spa facilities are superb, the masseur I had today ( Rodan) he was excellent, I would highly recommend him!

Overall, this is turning out to be a splendid honeymoon, we wouldn't want to be spending it anywhere else in the world! Thanks to all the staff here!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the Khalifa Tower and fountain if possible
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear Limerickcouple2011,

Thank you or choosing the Palace to share your special occasion with us and thank you for posting your comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very happy to read that we could anticipate your arrival and make a wonderful impression of your occasion even at the odd hour of the night. We truly understand the importance of such an event and realize that our responsibiity is to only make it even more special.

My heartfelt congratulations and I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you before you depart.

Best wishes to you both,

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel ticked ALL the boxes for me during our stay in September. We were celebrating our honeymoon and my birthday.

The lobby is gorgeous with fresh flowers every where. The whole hotel smells like fresh flowers, even the hallways when you walk out your door. We couldn't work out how they did it.

We tried 2 restaurants - both superb.

Check in was quick and obliging. Emirates had made an error and our luggage was not available - not a problem for this hotel. They sent up all the toiletries we would need as well as making an exception on dress code for dinner in a restaurant in the hotel.

The location could not be better with prime views of the Burj Khalifa and fountain show from many rooms/suites in the hotel as well as public areas. The Dubai mall is on the doorstep - there are lots of good restaurants there as well as shopping and fascinating people watching opportunities.

The English toiletries are gorgeous. In fact, I have just put in an order to purchase them at home so I can be reminded of our time in Dubai and our wonderful stay at this hotel.

Our suite was decorated beautifully to celebrate our honeymoon and my birthday. We received a cake and sparkling date juice (nice actually). The bedroom and bathroom were decorated with huge red rose petals. It was quite something.

Our suite was large with 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, 2 televisions, separate bedroom, separate kitchen and living area. It also had a dining table.

The bed was very comfortable. The whole experience was divine!

My congratuations to this hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: Let them know if you are celebrating something.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear Springstreet77,

Thank you for choosing the Palace to celebrate your occasion. I appreciate the review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very delighted to read your review and happy to share with my team. It truly is wonderful to know that we could celebrate your momentus occasion with you and you let with a lasting memory.

Congratulations again from the Palace family.

Best,