“The best of the best”

Ranked #38 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Ballarat Australia
“The best of the best”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

If you're staying in Dubai, you must stay at the Palace. It has become our benchmark for all hotels and sadly, not many live up to it. Location, location, location, opposite Dubai Mall, view of the Burg Kalifa from our balcony as well as overlooking the famous light and music fountain show. The staff were amazing professional, friendly and helpful. We were pleasantly upgraded to a suite which was incredible. The bed was to die for, almost as good as our own at home. The bathroom was amazing - huge deep bath, massive shower and seperate toilet along with beautiful toiletries. When arriving at the hotel the entrance really made you think you were staying at a true palace, beautiful with pools, palm trees etc. After a very late arrival we ordered room service as the restaurants were closed. We had the best tasting burgers ever (huge). with the best presentation of burgers ever. We also decided on room service breakfast the next day after a much needed sleep in and it was delivered promptly,and the table laid for us with lovely hot food. My only complaint was it was far too hot to sit outside on the balcony for too long but then, it is the desert.

Why would you stay any where else in Dubai

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear HeatherM43,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit to Dubai and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am excited to read your review and happy that you enjoyed your visit and time with us. I would agree the property is amazing and very well located. I will gladly share your comments to the Chef about our burgers.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back in our winter time so you can really enjoy the outside excitement of the area and the Palace.

Regards,

Spencer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Medina, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

During this trip me and my wife ware celebrat our wedding anniversary. Thus the hotel surprise me and make us enjoy our time

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hani-KSA
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear hkhuseini,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your thoughts.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

Happy Anniversary again. Thank you for sharing this occasion with us. I am happy we could add a nice memory to your stay here in Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best,

Nottinghamshire
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We found the palace hotel in the old town Dubai to be an oasis in the heart of the city. I cannot praise the hotel and its staff highly enough. Everyone from the reception staff to the gardeners were polite, friendly and thoughtful. The rooms were spacious, very clean and well maintained. the food menus were extensive and well presented, What I also liked about the restaurants was that they also invited you to comment on what other foods you would like to be included in future menues. We were at the hotel to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The hotel helped to make it very special with the perfect little touches such as the anniversary cake and sparkling date wine(which was suprisingly ok) But best of all, the suprise they left for us when we returned to our room in the early evening. On entering, we found rose petals scattered on the bed and bathroom and towel swans in the shape of a heart placed on the bed. The position of this hotel could not be much better, as within a minute you were walking through the souk and into one of the worlds largest shopping malls. This might seem strange comming from a man but, WOW!! what an expreience the shopping was!! Another reason to stay at this hotel is the close proximity to the worlds largest building,the Burj kalifa with its fantastic dancing fountains (which are worth the trip on their own.) Both myself and my wife would reccommend this hotel to anyone who still likes a little romance in their lives.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the Burj Kalifa and the fountains (if you can afford it)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1soupdragon
Dear 1SoupDragon,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your wonderful comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I really appreciate the detailed review. I am very excited to share with my team. Happy anniversary again and thank you for choosing to share the milestone occasion with us. I am delighted we could our part to make it memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace and know that you are not alone as a male to be impressed by the shopping of the Dubai Mall, I am always wandering inside as well.

Wishing you the best,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was surprised with the quality of this hotel for the price i paid. The room was huge, clean and spotless. Very beautifully designed room. The breakfast was a huge spread of Continental and Indian. Very good quality breakfast.

I would definitely recommend all my friends to stay there when they are visiting Dubai.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dear ToddW,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit and for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am quite happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the value that we work very hard to ensure we provide our guests. I am fortunate I have a great team that truly enjoys providing excetional service.

I look forward to your return and will hope to get a 5 rating from you in the near future.

All the best,

Meilen
Reviewed September 16, 2011

A stay at The Palace is very special everytime. This was my third stay. We loved it. The large swimmingpool is one of the many assets. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and well insolated against noise from adjoining rooms and from the outside. The closeness makes it possible to reach Dubai Mall by foot even during the hot season. Staff is very attentive, smiling and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear AngelMelien,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town and for sharing your comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very delighted to read your comments on our hotel, thank you. My team works hard to provide the best in service and product to our guests. They will be excited to read your review. I would agree as well that logistically, this is a very convenient hotel and the look and feel of the property ensures you can relax.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best,

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have been in this hotel on March 2010, for business matter and stayed there 4day and 3nights. for the first night I spent in the room on second floor facing the back of the lake and it was not good, really not good but quite though, rest of the nights I have changed my room to 3rd floor and facing the lake, it was really amazing, between 7 till 11pm at every 30 minutes you will see a fountain dancing with music and amazing lights. for those who likes to go shopping in dubai i can suggest them go into this hotel because it is in the vicinity of the Mall of the Emirates. by walk you can reach there in 5~7 minutes. price is high but the service is really good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake and fountain
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Nima B
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear NimaB,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town for your visit to Dubai.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and seemingly, the view played a big part. Glad we could adjust to your expectations. We pride ourselves on individualized service and warmth. Of course location in any hotel makes a significant difference, I am glad we are the right location for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace and wish you all the best.

zurich
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the Palace Old Town for the 4th time.... I have visited this Hotel since it first opened. I must say that this particular stay has been the best so far. There have been improvements in all departments.
We stayed in a diplomatic suite facing the lake as I wanted a quiet room. The room was lovely and the room attendants from house keeping were so nice. The ladies that serviced the rooms made us feel so welcome and they were very attentive to detail. They even fixed my daughters barbie dolls so that they sat waiting for her on the sofa ready for her to play again when we came home.
My daughter and I were there for 4 nights and then joined by my mother. We spent every evening by the pool and ALL the waiters and pool attendants were amazing. They remembered our orders and details that we enjoyed from the first day. Nothing was too much for them and considering that they are working in 40+ degrees heat they have to be commended for there amazing attention to detail and positive attitude.
Breakfast was also lovely and we enjoyed it very much. The waiters and staff again were amazing and I have to say the service was absolutely perfect!!!! I felt very at home and I will come back to the Palace for the service and the staff for sure.
I did not use the spa on this trip but I did on previous trips and it is fantastic.
What I love about the Palace is the understated luxury. It is understated luxury but perfect. You feel like you are in a fragrant, cool, clean and fresh environment... As soon as you step through the main doors you forget the hustle and bustle of Dubai and relax into the ambiance of the palace where you will be treated with care.
Afternoon tea was lovely and my daughter was so impressed by the cakes and sandwiches, she is a fussy eater so that says something.
I spent 10 days at the palace. It is centrally located and you can walk to Dubai Mall. You live by the Dubai fountain and under the tallest building in the world so really for a city break you cannot be better located.
Thank you to all the staff at the palace for making us feel very special. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: We had room 601
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear JetSetZurich,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town and for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

It really is wonderful to read how you felt about your experience in our resort, thank you. I am glad you take a home wonderful emories of Dubai. The team works very hard to ensure that we provide the best in Individualized service, they will be happy to know they were successful with your visit.

Wishing you the best and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace on your next visit.