I recently stayed at the Palace Old Town for the 4th time.... I have visited this Hotel since it first opened. I must say that this particular stay has been the best so far. There have been improvements in all departments.
We stayed in a diplomatic suite facing the lake as I wanted a quiet room. The room was lovely and the room attendants from house keeping were so nice. The ladies that serviced the rooms made us feel so welcome and they were very attentive to detail. They even fixed my daughters barbie dolls so that they sat waiting for her on the sofa ready for her to play again when we came home.
My daughter and I were there for 4 nights and then joined by my mother. We spent every evening by the pool and ALL the waiters and pool attendants were amazing. They remembered our orders and details that we enjoyed from the first day. Nothing was too much for them and considering that they are working in 40+ degrees heat they have to be commended for there amazing attention to detail and positive attitude.
Breakfast was also lovely and we enjoyed it very much. The waiters and staff again were amazing and I have to say the service was absolutely perfect!!!! I felt very at home and I will come back to the Palace for the service and the staff for sure.
I did not use the spa on this trip but I did on previous trips and it is fantastic.
What I love about the Palace is the understated luxury. It is understated luxury but perfect. You feel like you are in a fragrant, cool, clean and fresh environment... As soon as you step through the main doors you forget the hustle and bustle of Dubai and relax into the ambiance of the palace where you will be treated with care.
Afternoon tea was lovely and my daughter was so impressed by the cakes and sandwiches, she is a fussy eater so that says something.
I spent 10 days at the palace. It is centrally located and you can walk to Dubai Mall. You live by the Dubai fountain and under the tallest building in the world so really for a city break you cannot be better located.
Thank you to all the staff at the palace for making us feel very special. We will be back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai