“Really Happy”

Ranked #38 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
zurich
“Really Happy”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the Palace Old Town for the 4th time.... I have visited this Hotel since it first opened. I must say that this particular stay has been the best so far. There have been improvements in all departments.
We stayed in a diplomatic suite facing the lake as I wanted a quiet room. The room was lovely and the room attendants from house keeping were so nice. The ladies that serviced the rooms made us feel so welcome and they were very attentive to detail. They even fixed my daughters barbie dolls so that they sat waiting for her on the sofa ready for her to play again when we came home.
My daughter and I were there for 4 nights and then joined by my mother. We spent every evening by the pool and ALL the waiters and pool attendants were amazing. They remembered our orders and details that we enjoyed from the first day. Nothing was too much for them and considering that they are working in 40+ degrees heat they have to be commended for there amazing attention to detail and positive attitude.
Breakfast was also lovely and we enjoyed it very much. The waiters and staff again were amazing and I have to say the service was absolutely perfect!!!! I felt very at home and I will come back to the Palace for the service and the staff for sure.
I did not use the spa on this trip but I did on previous trips and it is fantastic.
What I love about the Palace is the understated luxury. It is understated luxury but perfect. You feel like you are in a fragrant, cool, clean and fresh environment... As soon as you step through the main doors you forget the hustle and bustle of Dubai and relax into the ambiance of the palace where you will be treated with care.
Afternoon tea was lovely and my daughter was so impressed by the cakes and sandwiches, she is a fussy eater so that says something.
I spent 10 days at the palace. It is centrally located and you can walk to Dubai Mall. You live by the Dubai fountain and under the tallest building in the world so really for a city break you cannot be better located.
Thank you to all the staff at the palace for making us feel very special. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: We had room 601
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear JetSetZurich,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town and for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

It really is wonderful to read how you felt about your experience in our resort, thank you. I am glad you take a home wonderful emories of Dubai. The team works very hard to ensure that we provide the best in Individualized service, they will be happy to know they were successful with your visit.

Wishing you the best and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace on your next visit.

Spencer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I have been coming to this hotel since the opening 4 years ago ..
From the moment you enter the front door , you will feel welcomed and at home . This Hotel is Beautifully decorated in a Middle Eastren Decor ..

The Service is Outstanding , The staff are always willing and waiting to cater to any request you have .The Hotels Restaurants and In Room Dining is excellent !They are always willing to accommodate your dietary needs or request (Happily)

This Hotel Uses the best linens ,and bath products ! The Spa is truly one of the best in Dubai , its very relaxing and extremely professional .
I have been to many 5 star Luxury Hotels in the region . The Palace is My Favorite and keeps me coming back time after time .

The Staff are all highly trained and serve with a smile .( Big Smiles ) The Mangers are always available and care about your every needs and wants .

It is in walking distance to the Dubai Mall and shops . Every thing you could want and need is just outside your door .
My Last Stay was for one month ,
I can not express how much I enjoy my stay at The Old Town Palace Hotel, they always spoil me each time I come !
I highly Recommend this Hotel and plan to keep coming back.

Denise Castaneda Al Hatlani

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank dencast4355
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Ms. Al Hatlani,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for your wonderful comments.

This is Spencer Wadama, it was a pleasure to meet you during your stay with us.

I am very happy to read your thoughts and feelings on the Palace. The team is committed in delivering the best in service and product. They will be happy to read they created the best experience for you. You are defintely like family and will always be welcomed.

Wishing you the best and looking forward to your return.
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I travelled with my wife and three daughters for three days, we were really welcomed from the minutes we entered the hotel, the staff are friendly, nice, cooperative. The rooms are really clean and modern. the service are excellent, the swimming pool is clean with nice environment and excellent support by the guards and staff in the area. if you like to travel with the family it is the place to stay, not to forget that you are close to dubai mall going though albahar soug. I think the management of this hotel deserve the best thanks.... wish them all the best...:)

• Stayed September 2011
Mumbai
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed at the palace for one week for a conference. The location was perfect, rooms were spacious and service perfect. The food in the restaurant was perfect and there is a fantastic view of the fountains from the rooftop restaurant.

I would recommend this hotel on any day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kushkins
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Kushkins,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very happy to read that your conference went well and your stay at the Palace was memorable. We truly strive to provide the best in Arabian service and culture to our guests. I am happy to read we were successful.

I will gladly share with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future and wish you the best.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our stay at the Palace was probably my best hotel experience. We were very lucky and got an upgrade to a suite which is huge. I loved the design of the rooms, modern, but with an arabic twist. Hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The pool area is lovely, especialy at night. Had dinner at the restaurant there and the food was good and the prices were cheaper than you'd expect from a restaurant in a five-star hotel. The dancing fountains are visible from some of the tables. Location is great, with the Dubai mall just a short walk away and most places you'd want to visit in Dubai just a short taxi ride away.
If I had to say one bad thing about the Palace, then I'd say the breakfast is a bit underwhelming in terms of choice. However the quality of the food and the lovely outdoor seating area make up for that.
Overall, I'd stay here again and wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Dubai. However, if you are visiting Dubai for a beach holiday, then the Palace would't be that convinient in terms of location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katri0na
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear KatriOna,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town for your holiday in Dubai.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very pleased to read your review and happy to see that we succeeded in creating a very memorable vacation for you. I will gladly share your comments with my team and congratulate them.

In regards to your comment on breakfast, I would agree it is quite vast but mainly to ensure that we cater to the many different International tastes we have staying at the Palace.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for shaing your comments.

Best Regards,

London
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed here on the last leg of our honeymoon and were pretty impressed overall. The best feature is the pool area which has a great Arabian ambience and is dwarfed by Burj Khalifa which looms over the pool. Location couldn't really be any better for Dubai Mall shopping either. Unless you want to be on the beach - this is a really good upmarket option without blowing the budget. The rooms are spacious, though nothing incredible - fairly standard 5 star city hotel. Breakfast was good, food and service by the pool excellent. We also ate in Thiptara, the Thai restaurant on the corner with a view of the fountain but it was overpriced and really nothing special. (Pai Thai at Madinat Jumeirah was better - but again way overpriced for the quality). We chose this hotel because of the Arabian style and reasonable price tag and weren't disappointed. Having visited the sister property which is next door (The Address, Downtown) - I think we made the right choice. The other property is supposed to be the flagship but it was pretty much like any 5 star city hotel inside - no Arabian character at all. Neos the sky bar there is also nothing special. Great to go see the view have a drink and then find somewhere better. I actually really liked the 360 bar at Jumeriah Beach - amazing views and much better value and down to earth (literally). We also visited the two One and Only properties and Madinat Jumeirah - the latter being an impressive place to wander around but too huge a resort for our purposes. One and Only Royal Mirage looked quite shabby in places and the food at the Beach Bar & Grill was very average. The newer One and Only at The Palm was an impressive place and had the wow this is upmarket feel. The bars there were very quiet though and a little lacking atmosphere. The Palm has a free yacht from The Palm to Royal Mirage for anyone dining in their hotel - so if you're eating at one of the restaurants it might be worth taking the complimentary transfer as well (we weren't staying in either hotel but they didn't mind). Dubai is not short of upmarket hotels so shop arround for the best offers - rooms tend to be pretty large so you probably won't be uncomfortable anywhere with 5 stars. Food and drinks are not great value so again look around if you want any value. For some reason nowhere serves alcohol from 4-6pm either which is worth knowing and also don't expect to buy cheap alcohol in a local supermarket to stock your mini bar or enjoy on the balcony - you need a licence to buy alcohol here, if you can find a supermarket that sells any that is. Nowhere central sells alcohol at all except for the hotels - so expect anything around £8/£9 for a beer!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ElHutch1
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Dear ElHutch1,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town for your visit to Dubai and congratulations on your recent wedding, we are honored you chose us to enjoy your honeymoon.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very happy to read your comments on the Palace and will gladly share them with my team. We are in the process of changing our Chef for Thiptara so I look forward to great improvements to come and hope that on your first anniversary, you can come and let me how its improved. Thank you for your feedback. I am also happy to read you found our service by the pool accomdating and overall pleased with your experience.

Thank you again for the comments and taking the time to post. I do look forward to having you as our guest again. Congratulations to you both.

Kind regards,

Damascus, Syria
Reviewed August 4, 2011

its a very elegant hotel full of sense you will feel luxury with all the related facilities especially when you get in you willsmell the perfum of the musk as its the traditional arabic way
very elegant and smart design the space inside and outside is very attractive to feel relax

• Stayed March 2011
GeneralManagerPalace, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Dear ESART71,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palace during your visit to Dubai.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. my team will be very excited to read your comments as they take great pride in workinging to provide the best in customer service and experience every day. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the experienced and relaxed.

I hope to welcome you back to the Palace Old Town on your next trip to Dubal and wish you the best.