“Feel your sense”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #39 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 4, 2011

its a very elegant hotel full of sense you will feel luxury with all the related facilities especially when you get in you willsmell the perfum of the musk as its the traditional arabic way
very elegant and smart design the space inside and outside is very attractive to feel relax

• Stayed: March 2011
GeneralManagerPalace, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Dear ESART71,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Palace during your visit to Dubai.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. my team will be very excited to read your comments as they take great pride in workinging to provide the best in customer service and experience every day. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the experienced and relaxed.

I hope to welcome you back to the Palace Old Town on your next trip to Dubal and wish you the best.

There are newer reviews for Palace Downtown

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I have made a booking at the hotel as I usually do prior to any trip for two nights. The cancelation policy in the confirmation page had no restrictions (you have until 4:00 pm of the arrival day to cancel the booking). The hotel charged my credit card for 2 nights just minutes after I made the booking. I do not do “non refundable bookings during my business travel due to changes in the travel plan with is very common since I am a pilot. I had to check out the next morning & the manager was in meetings and they assured me that he will call me once the meeting is over. It has been two months, no one called & no one replied to my emails. I still have my booking confirmation and I would be happy to share it. Although my employer pays for the hotel stay & meals, it was still expensive for nothing.

The bottom line, I would never stay in this hotel even if they offer me Presidential suite for free. They have no respect for the customer at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Captabdlee
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Dear AW189,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town for your visit to Dubai.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I apologize for the diappointment and frustration you share in your comments. Please know that I have sent you a direct message to request more information in regards to your interactions with my contact information. Unfortunately I am challenged to find record of this occurance without your name and would like to ensure that it is resolved to your expectation.

Thank you for taking the time to share and please know that this is not a reflection of the consistenly high level of service we strive to provide on a regular basis.

Kind regards,

Spencer Wadama

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Perfect, nice, warm welcoming,good rooms,but I hate watching flies sitting on our food while having our breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank k_nikfam
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear K_nikfam,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town for your visit to Dubai.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. overall I am happy to read your comments and delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please know that we are working diligently to deal with the occasional pest problem. Thank you for bringing to my attention. I will expect that on your next visit you will see great improvement.

Wishing you the best and looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace.

Spencer

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Absolutely loved. Few minutes away from DIFC and Sheikh Zayed by car. Walk to Duabi Mall and Burj Khalifa, and Dubai Fountains view. What's more to ask for? Haven't tried the food there being next to all great restaurants at the mall. The staff is keen and well trained. Very majestic and comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank FahadDM
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a fabulous hotel in the Burj Dubai area, very close to the Burj Khalifa, Dubai shopping Mall and souk. When we arrived the twin fountain view rooms we booked weren't ready (we arrived at 6am so didn't really expect them to be ready), however they offered us an upgrade to a fountain view suite if we were prepared to share a king size bed. We took the upgrade and ended up with a two room two bathroom suite, with perhaps the biggest bed I have ever seen. The main bathroom is gorgeous, the beds so comfortable and the unexpected addition of combined lounge/dinning/kitchen a nice surprise. The staff are so attentive, the breakfast was amazing, just about every breakfast style. Easy walking to Dubai Mall and so many restaurants around within strolling distance. The fountain is excellent and the hotel has so many great viewing areas for great photos. Pool area is lovely with cabanas to keep you out of the blazing sun. This is one of the best locations for holidaying in Dubai.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank want-to-go-rtw
Reviewed July 26, 2011

What a great hotel in a great central location. Nothing negative to report about the hotel, worth every cent you spend on it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Christo_7
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We spent three nights at The Palace on our way home to Sydney after six weeks in Europe, and I wished we had allowed more time there. It was a wonderful experience - welcoming, professional staff, fabulous location near the lake and the Dubai Mall, large room with a dreamy bed and pillows, Penhaligon toiletries, waterfall shower, best breakfast buffet we have ever experienced. The pool area in the early evening was blissful after the heat of the day, and the bar overlooking the pool was great for drinks before dinner.
We chose this hotel as we did not want to stay in a multi-storey block, and we were so right. Only three storeys above road level, another three down to the lake - and with a middle eastern feel. I can't fault this hotel - one of the happiest memories of our holiday. So thank you, The Palace - we would not stay anywhere else in Dubai. Diana Jones.

Room Tip: With a fountain view
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple