“Worth staying” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #223 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Leeds, Alabama
“Worth staying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I normally stay at the Sheraton four points on sheikh zayed road but wanted something closer to the mall of the emirates. I was hesitant at first due to the mix reviews I read online. I stayed for 2 weeks and I would definitely stay here again. The staff are very friendly and the apartment was huge for a one bedroom apartment. My apartment looked exactly as you see in the pictures. Only problem was the construction noise, this started at 6am and didn't finish until 12am every day. The good thing is that the construction was close to completion within the next few weeks.

Taxi drivers did find it hard to find at times but eventually got there. The mall is a short 10 minute walk from the hotel. There is also a mini mart across the road which is very handy. Also they now have free wifi in all rooms!!!!

I will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fahim A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a 2 day stopover with our 2 nephews on the way home. The hotel is still known by its old name of "Executive Apartments", but as the hotel had not bothered to inform us of the name change this didn't affect us until after check in. But we warned that taxi drivers may need directions. We simply advised it was near the "City Stay" apartments and worked from there.

The hotel is not in a particularly nice area, but it is only a short walk to the Mall of the Emirates if that is your location goal. There is a good pizza shop across the road, which is good as the restaurant is appalling. There is also a kini mart, but as set ojt below, this is not as useful as it could be.

The staff are all remarkably friendly, but as already pointed out, not at all effective. We arrived to find, as others have, that the fully equipped kitchen was no such thing. We had on glass and two mugs as the only drinking vessels for the 4 of us. Not great when just off a dehydrating flight. And even more galling when the housekeeping staff pointed out the inventory list which showed we were meant to have 4 wine glasses, 4 high ball glasses, 4 tea cups and 4 mugs, among a litany of other exciting things. As others have pointed out the list bears no resemblance to reality. Even things that would make the hotel's life easier, like washing detergent and a tea towel were too hard. We also had an issue with the oven shorting a fuse which affected the kitchen and main room, turning off the lights and air conditioning. Not a nice thing in Dubai and made me concerned about the other electrics. This meant instead of being a usable space, the kitchen was just a big waste of space.

The rooms themselves were a good size and the beds comfortable. There was no top sheet, just a duvet, which I found surprising, but I just pray they was them each visit. There were large TVs in each room, but few English language options, so we rarely turned them on. The bathrooms were not great and had mould in the grout of the tiles.

There is construction outside, but that is hit and miss with any hotel in Dubai.

In short this hotel has some great things going for it, but it needs new management and a complete overhaul before I would consider returning.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here by myself in a one bed suite over a weekend. I was impressed with size of the aparment - one bed suite, with kitchen, washing machine, two bathrooms, large living rrom, large kitchen. Normally I stay nearer the old town, but this was a good alternative. Not in a particularly nice neighbourhood and a bit far from the airport. But if you want good value with lots of features I'd recommend this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

It's our second stay in that hotel, it was more than one year before, but it was then named CORP executive suites
It's a good value for money if you are going with family
The breakfast buffet is bad & doesn't worth to add to your package

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kimpep
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I returned yesterday from Dubai where I spent 9 nights at the Corp Executive with my two young children. (NB. During our stay the hotel was rebranded as Abidos and one day a new sign appeared above the entrance, but taxi drivers will probably know it by the old name.)

Having bought plane tickets for an extended Easter break in Dubai, I then discovered that hotel prices were higher than I had expected and was starting to despair of finding something decent at a reasonable price... and then I tried the Emirates website and found Corp Executive at US$127 per night on a pre-payment deal. As a rule I don't pre-pay for hotels, but in this case the offer was too good to miss so I broke my rule and booked...

...which turned out to be a very good decision! The hotel is modern, clean and well-run. Our one-bedroom apartment was huge, which is a bonus when travelling with children. Housekeeping was good, especially when my youngest vomited on the bed on day two and the whole bed linen had to be changed. Particularly appreciated the fact the apartment has a bathroom with bath, walk-in shower and toilet and a guest toilet too.

It is true there is construction on two neighbouring building sites, as other reviewers have mentioned. The noise did not bother us, but light sleepers might find this a problem.

Rooftop pool and jacuzzi were very pleasant. Always found a vacant sun lounger or hanging chair and towels are provided free. A lifeguard is present during the day. Pool is not too large, but is fine for lazing around. Food at the pool bar is nothing special and a bit overpriced, but is a handy stop gap if you feel peckish and don't want to get dressed and go out for food.

Breakfast was not included in our room rate, but costs 42 AED per person if you buy in advance. You can buy it one day at a time, so you don't have to commit for your whole stay. It is enough to buy at reception in the evening for the next day.

All the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel has a good atmosphere and we were made to feel welcome.

For us the location was excellent. Mall of the Emirates is a 10 minute walk and then a further 10 minutes through the mall to the metro station of the same name. Taxi from Dubai Mall costs 35-40 AED and from Bur Dubai or Deira 55-60 AED, provided the traffic is not too heavy.

Supermarket across the road is open to 2am. Various restaurants in the vicinity, but better choice in Mall of the Emirates itself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank WarsawBrit
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a 2 bedroom/3 bathroom apartment on the 13th floor with a balcony which was spacious, clean, plus a 1 bedroom. The hotel was excellently located just 10mins from the mall of the Emirates & metro. We arrived Good Friday at 9:30 am but was able to go up to roof level, swim/shower/sauna, towels provided, change in the pool changing rooms & leave our luggage until the rooms were ready. Although officially not until 3pm, the single was at 11am.
There is a building being built within 100 yards of the apartments, the noise begins around 7am until very late (maybe all night) but this didn’t wake us & wasn’t a problem, but if you’re a light sleeper, ask to move.
Breakfast was fine, cold meats/fruit/eggs/bacon (turkey) etc.etc. 42AED a day but we’d booked B&B. The WI-FI worked perfectly for me everywhere.
A small supermarket just across the road will provide you with provisions if you’re using the apartment self-catering facilities for a long stay.
A family taxi for the 6 of us from the airport was 90 AED & took an hour because of the traffic. Dubai is much bigger (in area) than I’d imagined so if booking a taxi in the evening to go anywhere, leave at least 45 minutes to allow for the traffic. We booked The Bateaux Dinner cruise, Burj Khalifa etc, & it was pretty tight time-wise.
Taxis are plentiful & cheap, as long as there’s just four or less of you, but it made sense for us 6 to book & use the hotel taxi rather than paying double. ‘Family’ taxis are nowhere to be seen around the streets, actively reserved for airport runs & NOT for general journeys so we had to pay for 2 on several occasions. The only exception being the excellently organised taxi queues at the Malls where you can ask for one.
As previous reviewers have said, The Corp Apartments, although the name has now changed to Abidos Apartments, are an excellent choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank saxondean
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked for a week to look for a house prior to moving to Dubai - I work internationally and practically live in hotels - however - was never quite so in awe of the utter incompetence we witnessed since our unfortunate arrival.

Staff are friendly but completely disorganised - I am writing this from the apartment at 1530 as housekeeping only just arrived. The trainee told me he was just too busy to get to us. I'm sitting on a sofa that should have been thrown away years ago - when I pointed this out to the housekeeper he completly agreed with me but obviously did nothing.

The kitchen had one cup (for a family of three) - and I won't bore you with the details but suffice ti say 95% of the kitchen equipment on their own inventory list wasn't there or even available.

There is a building site across the road, which my five month old daughter wakes up to all day!

This hotel needs new management, preferably somebody who actually knows something about hotels and customers.

The hotel needs serious refurbishment.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY