Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$168
$123
$323
$296
Jumeirah.com
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$81
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$155
$228
$189
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$190
$1,906
$191
$1,457
$1,225
All reviewsemirates malllulu hypermarketwashing machinerooftop poolwalking distance to the mallsmall supermarketliving roomfully equipped kitchenmetro stationsheikh zayed roadbalconytaximoegyminternetensuitetoaster
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I returned yesterday from Dubai where I spent 9 nights at the Corp Executive with my two young children. (NB. During our stay the hotel was rebranded as Abidos and one day a new sign appeared above the entrance, but taxi drivers will probably know it by the old name.)

Having bought plane tickets for an extended Easter break in Dubai, I then discovered that hotel prices were higher than I had expected and was starting to despair of finding something decent at a reasonable price... and then I tried the Emirates website and found Corp Executive at US$127 per night on a pre-payment deal. As a rule I don't pre-pay for hotels, but in this case the offer was too good to miss so I broke my rule and booked...

...which turned out to be a very good decision! The hotel is modern, clean and well-run. Our one-bedroom apartment was huge, which is a bonus when travelling with children. Housekeeping was good, especially when my youngest vomited on the bed on day two and the whole bed linen had to be changed. Particularly appreciated the fact the apartment has a bathroom with bath, walk-in shower and toilet and a guest toilet too.

It is true there is construction on two neighbouring building sites, as other reviewers have mentioned. The noise did not bother us, but light sleepers might find this a problem.

Rooftop pool and jacuzzi were very pleasant. Always found a vacant sun lounger or hanging chair and towels are provided free. A lifeguard is present during the day. Pool is not too large, but is fine for lazing around. Food at the pool bar is nothing special and a bit overpriced, but is a handy stop gap if you feel peckish and don't want to get dressed and go out for food.

Breakfast was not included in our room rate, but costs 42 AED per person if you buy in advance. You can buy it one day at a time, so you don't have to commit for your whole stay. It is enough to buy at reception in the evening for the next day.

All the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel has a good atmosphere and we were made to feel welcome.

For us the location was excellent. Mall of the Emirates is a 10 minute walk and then a further 10 minutes through the mall to the metro station of the same name. Taxi from Dubai Mall costs 35-40 AED and from Bur Dubai or Deira 55-60 AED, provided the traffic is not too heavy.

Supermarket across the road is open to 2am. Various restaurants in the vicinity, but better choice in Mall of the Emirates itself.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank WarsawBrit
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had a 2 bedroom/3 bathroom apartment on the 13th floor with a balcony which was spacious, clean, plus a 1 bedroom. The hotel was excellently located just 10mins from the mall of the Emirates & metro. We arrived Good Friday at 9:30 am but was able to go up to roof level, swim/shower/sauna, towels provided, change in the pool changing rooms & leave our luggage until the rooms were ready. Although officially not until 3pm, the single was at 11am.
There is a building being built within 100 yards of the apartments, the noise begins around 7am until very late (maybe all night) but this didn’t wake us & wasn’t a problem, but if you’re a light sleeper, ask to move.
Breakfast was fine, cold meats/fruit/eggs/bacon (turkey) etc.etc. 42AED a day but we’d booked B&B. The WI-FI worked perfectly for me everywhere.
A small supermarket just across the road will provide you with provisions if you’re using the apartment self-catering facilities for a long stay.
A family taxi for the 6 of us from the airport was 90 AED & took an hour because of the traffic. Dubai is much bigger (in area) than I’d imagined so if booking a taxi in the evening to go anywhere, leave at least 45 minutes to allow for the traffic. We booked The Bateaux Dinner cruise, Burj Khalifa etc, & it was pretty tight time-wise.
Taxis are plentiful & cheap, as long as there’s just four or less of you, but it made sense for us 6 to book & use the hotel taxi rather than paying double. ‘Family’ taxis are nowhere to be seen around the streets, actively reserved for airport runs & NOT for general journeys so we had to pay for 2 on several occasions. The only exception being the excellently organised taxi queues at the Malls where you can ask for one.
As previous reviewers have said, The Corp Apartments, although the name has now changed to Abidos Apartments, are an excellent choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank saxondean
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked for a week to look for a house prior to moving to Dubai - I work internationally and practically live in hotels - however - was never quite so in awe of the utter incompetence we witnessed since our unfortunate arrival.

Staff are friendly but completely disorganised - I am writing this from the apartment at 1530 as housekeeping only just arrived. The trainee told me he was just too busy to get to us. I'm sitting on a sofa that should have been thrown away years ago - when I pointed this out to the housekeeper he completly agreed with me but obviously did nothing.

The kitchen had one cup (for a family of three) - and I won't bore you with the details but suffice ti say 95% of the kitchen equipment on their own inventory list wasn't there or even available.

There is a building site across the road, which my five month old daughter wakes up to all day!

This hotel needs new management, preferably somebody who actually knows something about hotels and customers.

The hotel needs serious refurbishment.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Da C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I really liked the hotel's location near the Mall Of The Emirates (shopping center) and subway station. The room is very spacious, comfortable, the hotel staff is very helpfull! In short: I loved the hotel and the wonderful city of Dubai!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pedro_Luanda
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Day 1, our single apartments was not available so we were given a 2 bedroom for the night. We had to vacate at 12:00 noon on day 2 and did not have another room for 3 hours. Complained that we had wasted a day and hotel compensated us with a free breakfast!!
Shortage of equipment in the kitchen even though the hotel took an inventory, which we did not see. Tried to get a plug for the kitchen sink for 3 days, eventually gave up as no one was interested. One of the management team fitted a plug that did not keep the water in the sink.
Shortage of sun beds and sun shades by the pool. A section at the end of the pool has been converted to an eating area only, this has sun beds in the hotel photos. You need to be at the pool early to get a sun bed. Opposite the hotel is a large construction site, (see Photo) workers start at 6:00am and finish late. For 2 nights they were pumping concrete up to the roof until early morning. There were around 70 workmen on the roof 6 days a week.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple