“Overall - a great hotel”

Abidos Hotel Apartment - Al Barsha
Ranked #222 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Karlshamn, Blekinge Län, Sweden
“Overall - a great hotel”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Overall we had a nice stay, Clean rooms, nice cleaning staff and a great swimming pool (with jacuzzi) on the roof. The reception staff are great, but could be better. In my opinion they should be a little more helpful.
My problem was: on our floor (7th floor) there was a garbage room. It was smelling every day. I told the staff at least 4 times and though that nothing happened. That's a little bit sad. Otherwise everything was great.

Comfortable beds and nice furniture. A great hotel with great facilities.

When we checked out the last day, the manager talked with us about the comments we leaved in the survey before leaving. He asked if there was anything he could do and so on..

The last day when we already had checked out, they allowed us to stay at the roof all day and also using the changing rooms before leaving. Good location also..

So, we are pleased except of the garbage room. Otherwise, really great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dino J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel apartment with 15 other friends recently in order to celebrate with one of our friends who turned 50. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating as well. Special thanks to Abeadi and Moses who made our stay very enjoyable and were always ready to help. Nothing was too much trouble especially when we needed information about how to get to certain areas in Dubai which they gladly provided. We occupied 4 Premium Plus Suites which were very spacious, clean, comfortable and each also had a balcony as well. Each apartment had 2 bedrooms with ensuite and a separate toilet. Toiletries were provided in each bathroom and bedrooms had flat screen TVs, dressing tables, wardrobes and the lounge was tastefully decorated as well. There is also a gym, outdoor pool, hot tub etc in the hotel as well.

We used the banquet hall once during our stay and the food provided was very tasty (brunch). If you want to get away from the hustle & bustle of downtown, then this is the place for you! They cater for couples, families and large groups.

The hotel itself was very easy to locate and a few minutes walk to the nearest metro based in the Mall of Emirates Mall. You can also flag down a taxi right in front of the hotel therefore very accessible. The hotel porters are available as and when required and we all had a fabulous time.

I really enjoyed staying here and have already recommended it to friends and family who will be spending Xmas in Dubai. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Dubai.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank vykye2000
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Absolutely amazing experience. Stayed with my wife and 3 month old baby.
Everything was perfect.
A great city and a lovely room.
I have booked my holiday at the same
Hotel for Christmas. I honestly wouldn't book anywhere else. Great value for money.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Uk_flyr
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My first trip to the UAE was made all the more pleasant by staying at the Corp Executive Apartments.
The location's great - just a five minute walk to the Mall Of The Emirates (with the Dubai Metro station accessible through it). There are a number of restaurants nearby and a mini supermarket literally across the road.
The staff members were all very friendly and did everything within their power to make sure my stay was a pleasant one - credit especially to the regular security guy on the front door who was knowledgable, warm and helpful.
The room I stayed in (a one bedroom apartment with balcony on the tenth floor) was clean and spacious, with kitchen, lounge, bathroom with separate shower and bath, plus toilet. There was also a second toilet. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioning cool (if a little too cool in the bedroom). I didn't notice any noise because I slept with earplugs, so my sleep was undisturbed.
The site I booked through also offered free (wired) internet for the duration of my stay. Some do, some don't, so if that's important to you, it pays to shop around. Free wifi was available in the lobby.
Just one tip if you're travelling to the UAE for the first time... It may take a little longer to get a cab between 4pm and 6pm as that's not only peak hour, but also when the taxi shift changeovers occur. Also be aware that the main thoroughfare (Sheikh Zayed Road) gets very busy north-bound during the evening peak, particularly on Thursday nights - the beginning of the UAE weekend - so take extra time if you need to go to the airport!.
I'd certainly stay at Corp again on my return trip and would happily recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DMelb
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good service from service personnel, who were also very helpful and attentive to their guests. Our room was on the 3rd floor and room number 302 and can be recommended, however, you should expect construction noise during the day but ceased in the evening. our 5 nights stay went well due to the nærliggehed to atraktionerne: burj al arab, The Walk, Madinat Jumeirah, wald wadi Dubai, Emirate Mall cost of a taxi is about. 10-30 in the AED. Burj Khalifa (formerly Burj Dubai) can also be reached from this hotel the price is approx. 40 AED one way. You should be aware that some taxi chaufførne not know the hotel and map from the hotel anbafales to bring along. Emirates mall can also be used as the final destination as it only takes between 5-10 walk to the hotel. Perhaps the same policy of having to take a taxi from Copenhagen Airport and with a final destination at Amager? The pool is ok but it can be crowded at certain times. There is a small supermarket to and it has the most basic things and otherwise EM Mall located 5 -10 minutes away.

Room Tip: 3 floor and room 302
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
China
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed in CORP hotel with my family, the weather was so nice, and I thought I should share my experiences about this hotel for people who want to travel to Dubai.
The location was perfect! 5 minutes to the emirates mall, close to most of the major famous destinations, very easy to get a taxi as well. The apartment we got was really huge, also clean and tidy, with a simple and classy color combination. There was also a separate washroom attached with living room, separate TVs. The kitchen is definitely a highlight: they have a wash machine with dry option, refrigerator, tea and coffee center, fully equipped with kitchenette such as microwave, toaster, pots, cutleries and etc. The staffs were really helpful and friendly; they were always smiling and helped us to find the place we wanted to go. We asked for pillow and extra tea bags and received in a few minutes. They have a very nice pool on the roof top, with a Jacuzzi as well, very comfy sofa and chairs, you can order some snacks and drinks from the pool bar as well. They also have gym, sauna and steam room available, but we haven’t got the time to use them. They provided us free internet and the speed was very fast.They have a travel desk in the lobby, which was very convenient for us because we didn’t have a plan.
If you want to book the hotel, I would suggest you to make the booking a bit earlier because this hotel is always full, we were talking with other families as well, some of them always stay in this hotel when they come to Dubai because they like it but some time it is just difficult to get a room here!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chester L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I wish I had read the reviews before staying here. Comments as follows:

1) First and foremost, Al Basha is a dive...horrible and dusty, with aggressive taxi drivers who are not interested in taking you anywhere local ..they insist you travel at least 15mins minimum to make it worthwhile

2) Swimming pool is dirty, limited opening hours as short staffed hotel claim its too difficult to find lifeguards to work after 6pm (something about the laws in UAE where lifeguards can only work set hours..I mean how do all the other hotels do it). What a joke!! Why would you stay at a hotel that doesnt allow you to swim in the evening???

3) Hotel food was terrible, when we complained they offered to give us a free meal as a gesture??? I mean why would you offer that when we complained about the food in the first place. No one uses the restaurant at all.. its always empty.

4) Our bathroom had cockroaches.

5) The cleaner was very smelly, in the end we had to ask him to leave even though he didnt finish cleaning up as the apartment stunk having him there!!

6) The washine machine did not work

7) As the floors are tiled (not carpeted) we could hear noises all night from the guests upstairs so our kids did not get any sleep.

8) The reception staff hardly speak any english.. the ones that do (filippino's) speak sooooo fast you cannot understand what they are saying so no point calling them better to go down to reception.

9) For the money you spend here your better off staying somewhere more central as the location is nasty, hotel is dirty, swimming pool area is vile, food is horrible..so all in all you might be saving a few dirhams but infact you are spending a week in a dive!!!!!

Room Tip: There are none...dont risk going high up if you have kids as the balconies are not safe...!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family