“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #269 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Manama, Bahrain
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and it was a perfect short stay. The hotel is well maintained, staff are so helpful and seem to be quite organized, check-in and check-out were smooth and fast, the location ideal, close to the shaikh zayed highway. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear emad800,

Nothing is better than reading such a review in this morning. Thank you for your time sharing with us your experience at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City.
We are so pleased that your stay was "Perfect". Thank you for recommending us as well.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon to Holiday Inn Express DIC.

Walid Khaled

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

A close hotel to my work in Media City. Offers me all that I need at a relatively cheap price. Though haven't been in the hotel for a while the staff could remember my name.
Clean bed and room, good pilows, free wifi, free breakfast, free bus to emirates mall, another added value this stay is I had water in my room just because I have their loyalty card.
That is great offering for a budget hotel. Ema, Dilsha, Prabha, Nimali and Danni,thanks for everything I and my colleagues have had a great time and we'll see you soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Cyr1ne,

It is great to have another review from you. We are super glad we are your choice.
The staff is very good at remembering everyones names! They can teach me a thing or two about that!! :)
We have started placing water for our Gold and Platimum members as another gesture for their continous loyalty- such yourself.-
It is our goal to have our guests leave happy with their experiences at Holiday Inn Express DIC and eager to return.

Best wishes and can't wait to have you back.

Regards,

Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

n the heart dubai internet city, where lots of businesses are a Holiday Inn hotel is a quiet hotel. It is my first stay and not the last. I was surprised that this hotel is rated 2 star. Large lobby, a fresh citrus smell. Reception staff without exception had that warm and genuine smile of hoteliers, flawless check in. Rooms are descent no luxury about them. LED TV, safe box, a mini bar all fit in the cabin. Comfortable bed and pillows. Breakfast was good, fresh fruits, good coffee and cereals were my preferred choice. Rizzi at the reception offered me complimentary drink at the rooftop lounge that has an excellent view of the sea. Everybody at the hotel was genuine and caring and the price is totally convenient. I recommend this hotel for all my office members and will be back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ahmet M,

It is a splendid day to read your splendid review. Massive thank you for your kind and detailed review.
Rizzi has been with us since 2 months and she is extremely happy to read her name.
We are happy we are at your expectations and you've recommended us.

We're looking forward to your next visit with another splendid and 5 star review.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

really, an amazing low budget hotel, with a lovely staff and nice spaceous rooms. reception staff were very responsive and helpfull, when it comes to giving us informations about the country ....
dont forget to try the roof top restaurant ( vista i beleive ) , amazing tasty plates :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rami_2525,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased you were able to enjoy your food at Vista, it certainly has one of the best food and views in the area!
We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience, very nice of you.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was not the first time to stay at this hotel. In brief, hotel is very quite, clean and value for money when looking for a budget hotel. Rooms are relatively spacious, quite, beds are very comfortable. Staff are friendly and trying to help as much as they can.
I find the hotel very cozy and quite and offers complete privacy. However, there is no room service or minibar fill but still you can manage. The only thing was the sound of the AC unit was a bit high during night but didnt bother us that much.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a budget hotel, its one of the best in Dubai .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Beebo73,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City and for your great review! We're overwhelmed to read that you had an excellent stay.
We do apologize for the AC noise, we had our engineering team to have a check on.

Please let us know when you are coming back so that we can look after you again.

Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Like so much of the rest of Dubai, accommodation is not cheap so even at £95 a night B&B (booked directly through HIE website) this represents one of the budget options in this area. The room, and importantly the bed, was comfortable. Free wifi. Good housekeeping. Despite being beside the service lift, I never was disturbed by it (but occassionally by other guests late night in the corridor). The breakfast was distinctly average. The staff helped arrange a hire car, including pick up and drop off at the hotel. There is a small kiosk in Reception and a bar. I managed to walk to the beach but there normally were plenty of available taxis. It is a 5 minute walk to the Metro (Internet City stop).

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ardara24
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Ardara24,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We do truly value the time you took to post your review and hope to see you again in the future.

Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed 18 nights (I was planning on 22) at the HI Express in Dubai Internet City.

I originally chose it because of its proximity to the place where I was working.

From the moment I checked in to leaving the property, I had an awful time. I have written many reviews for Tripadvisor but this has to be one of the most negative.

In short - I would strongly encourage anyone to AVOID this hotel. They bring the IHG brand down badly.

Here is the detail - first generalities about the stay:

(-) Rooms smell of mould and damp. The bathroom shower unit would not drain properly
(-) On three separate occasions during my stay, I left the "make up my room" please sign on the door and found that after 4 hours away the room had not been cleaned
(-) Breakfast is a joke. No variety whatsoever during the entire stay and most of the food was inedible
(-) This hotel offers NO real benefits to Priority Club Platinum members. They claim to offer a complimentary newspaper which YOU have to ask for everyday. No bottles of water, no fruit. Nothing.
(-) Internet connection is absurdly slow and if you want "Premium", you have to pay premium prices. Shocking.

Specifics of the stay
(-) Soundproofing is poor so you can hear everything in the corridor. One especially obnoxious family allowed their young children to scream and bang on the parents door 4 days in a row. Even after I complained and asked the general manager to do something about it, nothing changed.
(-) Air conditioning unit was not working properly.
(-) As a PC Platinum member I was not offered a room with a view on a higher floor.

In short, avoid this place if you can. They let a lot of hardworking people at IHG down with their attitude - on several occasions I was told by the manager - "what do you expect? This is a Holiday Inn Express!"

I will be telling all my colleagues that they should not consider this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ravenna2006
Dear

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Please accept our apology regarding your dissatisfaction with the overall service provided at the Holiday Inn Express DIC.We look forward to providing the excellent level of service you and every guest deserves. IHG has set a standard for the Holiday Inn Express hotels as we are limited service and budget hotels- from breakfast items to internet...and we strictly adhere to.
Once again, we feel disappointed that you didn’t thoroughly enjoy our property.

Thank you again.

Walid Khaled

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels