“Not clean”

Ranked #273 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Jordan
“Not clean”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed their last April for 7 nights for a business trip, the room was clean but very strange smell in my room during my stay it is like more smooking smell, althought I informed them i need non smoking room but it was awful .. The breakfast is so bad ... They have good resturant in the 5th floor. I've noticed one thing which is against safety and security they closed the doors in the corridors (all the way to the rooms) so it is like a maze to reach your rooms you need to open 2-3 doors, I have said this comments to one of the supervisor I met him in my floor I told him in case of emergency (e.g. fire) how you will evacuate your guests while they need to open many doors it is really a maze !!!.
Although it is budget hotel but they can make it better .. The only good thing is the free parking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RoubaSammour
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Rubey,

First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you for your review about your stay in April 2012.
We are sorry about the security door and smoking smell. The buffet breakfast items are as per Holiday Inn Express Brand Standard.
I have to tell you a lot has changed since then. The "Maze" doors do not close anymore, we have installed new cabinets and new LED TVs (the project is still on) and we have changed some carpets and we'll be completely renovating the hotel this summer.

I am looking forward to your next visit and review.

Walid Khaled

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The word 'Express' when attached to a hotel fills me with absolute dread. I've just moved to Dubai so was staying in the Holiday Inn Express for just over a week until I found accommodation. It was so much nicer than I thought it would be - really lovely room, big comfy bed, nice lobby area and the breakfast and dinner buffets are so good. Lots of tasty vegetarian options too which always makes me happy! The gym is very small but did the job more than adequately, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
My only complaint (and it did drive me mad) was that every time I came back to the hotel after being out at work or night time, my key card didn't work. I had to go to reception every single time so that they could validate it again. They said it was because it had been near my phone but I've never experienced this in all of the hotels I've stayed in previously. It was very annoying, but a minor complaint really.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Helen M
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Helen M,

Thank you for writing such a nice review about your stay with us! We are very happy to have been able to provide you with such a nice experience.
We are sorry to know about the key issue, we’ve have forward the concern to our IT department to rectify the key problem.
We hope to see you again soon!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

It is what it is, it is not and does not claim to be a 5 star. The hotel is a budget hotel, but the staff at reception are polite and helpful, the rooms are clean and spacious. The furniture is as expected, but I have to be honest, I have not seen an old box tv for a long time! The bed was comfortable and I had a good nights rest, which was my reason for staying here for the night, cheap and comfy.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TMAguide
Dear TMAguide,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased you were able to rest.
We are currently changing the wardrobes and TVs; please let us know of your future visit so we assign you one of our newly modeled rooms.

Once again, thank you and we're looking forward to accommodate you soon.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Unique location at the hearth of Duabi DMC Media City and Internet City. Not far from Marina too. The property is fine and in- line for its category. Highlight is the terrace bar incredibly silent and relaxed. Ideal if you came in town for live music and show hosted in Media City or for the nex door university campus. You might struggle getting a cab.p

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear SerGioDubai,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

A very rememberable stay with holiday inn. Great staff with lots of smiles. Feels like home. Highly recommended. Away from traffic yet every where is near by. Clean rooms nice restaurant at the 5th floor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DimaGhobara
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear DimaGhobara,

Thank you for the 5-star review and taking time to write a review about your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your words about our hotel cleanliness, location, and our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Let me take this opportunity to wish you a happy new year ahead.

Warm greetings,

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise! We checked in here as a result of a recommendation, reasonable costs and the hotel location. It hasn't disappointed. Staff have been friendly and helpful with lots of tips and advice, the room and facilities are neat and tidy and the breakfasts and buffet lunches varied and inviting.The location is convienent with easy access to the Metro and the Mall of Emirates. In addition, the hotel offers a courtesy transport service to the Mall of Emirates and the public beach on a daily basis. The free basic internet accress offer is also welcomed. in a nutshell, it's an excellent choice for budget conscious or family travellers in Dubai.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wade V
Dear Wade V,

First and foremost; thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and your review on tripadvisor.

It is a great pleasure to read that you were not disappointed and we have met your expectation. We are happy to know you have enjoyed stay, courtesy bus and found our staff friendly.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Dubai and stay at Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City.

Have a very happy new year ahead.

Warm greetings.

Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed December 21, 2012

the rooms are clean and nice, good service, nice & helpful staff, if your company has a Dubai office in Internet city, then its a cost effective and good choice to stay. their buffet breakfast doesn't have all the things you want but still it's good...!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anisullah Q
Walidkhaled, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Anisullah Q,

Thank you very much! We enjoy reading these reviews and appreciate the time it takes to share your experience.

We hope to see you again in the future!