“Good location and decent rooms”

Nuran Marina Services Residences
Ranked #5 of 296 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good location and decent rooms”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed here for a month in a 3 bedroom apartment. It had everything that we needed as a family and the room was nice enough (not luxury but not bad either).

The location is great (very close to the Marina Mall and the nearby Carrefour supermarket).

Overall we were happy with our stay and would be happy to stay there again, although I wonder about whether you could not find better value for money in other locations.

One small gripe, the internet is restricted. You can use 1 gig per day on one machine at the same time, this seems a little behind in a world of iPads, laptops etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that overlooks the Marina, great views!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I travel multiple times a month on business and this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review due to the most appalling service I have ever received in my life.
I booked the Nuran via my corporate travel desk for 7 nights and received a confirmation that my room would be on a high floor with a marina view in addition to a two way airport transfer.
Upon landing in Dubai the car was nowhere to be found – I called the hotel who put me through to the driver who simply hung up on me. I called the hotel again to advise them of this and they simply stated there was nothing they could do about it. I went on to take a normal taxi.
Upon arrival to the hotel I was met by the rudest and most disgraceful member of service staff I have ever encountered in my life. He called himself the ‘manager’ and his name was Sudarshan.
I was led to my room which was on the GROUND FLOOR with NO VIEW. Upon complaining to reception he stated that there was nothing he could do as the hotel was fully booked – even though I had specific written confirmation!
After complaining to both my travel desk and multiple members of Nuran staff I was finally moved to a high floor 2 DAYS LATER.
During my stay there were multiple complaints from guests regarding their room, the disgraceful ‘manager’ and the ‘adhoc’ charges that they had been billed for.
Even requesting water from room service would take hours.
The pool access was a nightmare – the hotel RAN OUT of pool access passes so numerous guests including myself had to wait for a member of staff to let us into the pool area when we wanted to use it and this took 20 minutes at its worst. Not what you need when its 100 degrees and you want a swim.
The hotel staff were incapable of helping to order a taxi and we had to go out to the main road and order ourselves.
Upon receiving my bill I was charged for an executive room (which the first one was simply not) and they even tried to charge me for a failed airport pick up and breakfast when my room rate INCLUDED it.
My main complaint is of Sudarshan. He was obnoxious bordering on abusive throughout the entire stay and even worse on the check out process. The real management need to fire him – he would not survive a day in a hotel in Asia with his attitude.
I have since had the Nuran removed from my corporate hotels list.
Please trust a seasoned traveler on this and DON’T EVER STAY AT THE NURAN.

Room Tip: DO not ever stay here unless you want an experience from hell
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Business T
Bruxelles
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The rooms are very unequal. We have booked 2 studios for a business trip. While my colleague had a beautiful room with great views on the Marina, I had a "cold" room with small windows and no balcony. We pay exactly the same rate for both rooms. I can tell you it is very different. Make absolutely sure you have a room with a balcony, it is much better. Try to get the rooms which end with a 7.

The bathroom is old and tired and the toilet was not impeccably clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Damoiseau32
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Perfect apparment for us. We were two couples travelling together. We got a big appartment with two bathrooms and a nice view to the marina. A five minutes walk to the Marina Mall and the wlak with loads of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My second stay at Nuran Dubai Marina and was very satisfied with everything besides the breakfast which is not good at all, but you can prepare it yourself in your serviced apartment or go to a café in the neighbourhood and have a better. So skip the breakfast here.

The pool area is a bit small but sun almost all day.

Room Tip: Studios facing the road only and can be noisy.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Henkan
lancs, uk
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Myself and 2 children arrived this morning at 8am after travelling through the night from Manchester
We were told by the receptionist that check in time was 2pm And our room was not ready, accepting that we were early I asked if any chance of room being available before 2pm, advised not. Then told that there was a room available but we could only have it if we paid a full extra nights stay which was £218. I Advised that this is not the policy of other hotels and apartments in Dubai, I have visited many times and have never had this problem or a policy so rigorously upheld. We have sat by the pool now for the past several hours in the 30 degree heat waiting for 2pm so we can finally have our room.
I will be cancelling the 2 other bookings I have made for this serviced apartment later in the year

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank mol1
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed January 14, 2012

After 6 trips to Dubai, we were ready to visit the Dubai Marina. As a family with 2 small children, we usually stay at apartment hotels in Dubai, and did a lot of research before deciding on the Nuran. We were very satisfied with the location & view.

Pros:
Fantastic location at the marina - if you stay on the non-street side towards the marina (say, room 305 / 405 / 505, etc), you have a beautiful view over the marina with lots of windows in the apartment to appreciate it from; also the roomy balcony is ideal for a sundowner. The pool is heated (very comfortable temperature in winter) and has both partial sun & shade all day, which is very convenient for sunbathers and for sun-avoiders (don't have to sunscreen up quite so conscientiously if you swim in the shade). Gated child's pool was a big plus for us. Costa Coffee in the building was also much appreciated. Also, the hotel is a few minute walk down to the "Marina walk" which is a scenic walk (popular with exercisers) along the marina, down away from the street noise. In one direction, it takes you straight to the Dubai Marina Mall (10 min nice walk), which has a Waitrose grocery store on the bottom level . The high-tech marina ferry also has a stop on the Marina Walk near the mall. There is a bakery right across from the hotel (offers gluten-free breads upon request) as well as a smoothie bar, and it is about 10 min by foot over to the beachfront promenade where there are lots of great restaurants (including El Chico mexican and le Pain Quotidien - both very popular).

The hotel itself is fairly standard in decor as far as apartment hotels go. We found it comfortable and spacious. Plenty of storage in the kitchen, and the flat cooktop doubled as additional counter space. Our room came equipped with an ethernet cable; there did not seem to be WiFi in the rooms. Nice clothes washing machine/dryer. The front desk provides pool towels on request; they are not available directly at the pool, as it is shared with another building. There is a children's playroom at the end of the hallway past the pool entrance, which is nice for kids to run around and let off some steam.

Cons:
Not much in storage space (specifically, dressers/drawers) in the bedrooms, particularly the 2nd bedroom. This was inconvenient for a lengthy stay. There was adequate closet space, but a big dresser in each room would have been nice. The bathrooms are basic and have mildew, but we have seen this in other hotels as well (many Dubai hotels don't seem to have adequate ventilation in bathrooms). The dishwasher was very loud and so we did not run it at night. I found the beds somewhat too firm, but they were not uncomfortable.

As other reviewers have said, be sure to tell taxis that the hotel is in the Al Majara Apartment complex.

If you want supplies for your balcony sundowner, last stop to buy alcohol is in the Duty Free shops in the Dubai the airport baggage claim area - I believe the allowance is 4 liters per person.

For non-summer months, I would recommend requesting a marina-view room (away from the street) in advance, at least 3 floors up, as this makes for a very pleasant experience. However, these rooms have direct sun so that is to be considered in summer (there are heavy curtains that may be closed and do keep the rooms cooler).

We plan to return to the Nuran next year!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank whereisjennifer