“Amazing Hotel”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights at the end of March. Everything about our stay at this hotel was outstanding! The service was amazing, the food was fantastic and the hotel was spotless. The room was spacious and comfortable. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ssussan
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your five nights stay and that you had found everything to be outstanding.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Ayman Gharib

Write a ReviewReviews (3,718)

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed in 5 hotels during our stay in dubai, all were very good but must say this hotel was my favourite.
We stayed in a club room which entitled us special privileges on the 10th floor, i would strongly recommend this as it is well worth the money and the staff there are amazing.
The whole hotel is amazing and i could not fault one thing, all staff are very friendly even meeting a random member of staff in the lift was always a pleasure. A special thank you to Frederick who along with all the other staff on the 10th floor went the extra mile to make our stay a total pleasure.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that Raffles was one of your favourite hotels in Dubai and that you would strongly recommend our club room to other travellers.

Furthermore, it was lovely to hear that you could find no fault with the hotel and to learn that Frederick and the team ensured you were well looked after.

Thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is now the third time I have visited this hotel in recent years. My family and I seem to be spending longer and longer time at this unique hotel and miss it more and more after we leave.
I have been to Monaco and London recently, and none of the places I stayed in, from the Hotel De Paris to the Grosvenor, come even remotely close. I noticed it in London more that the staff were completely indifferent to clients. Some staff gave a half smile, while others walked by as though we were invisible. Not so in Raffles Dubai! Virtually every staff member from the bell boys, front desk, to the housemaids were polite, courteous and GENUINELY friendly. Of particular note is the ever helpful Andrew Whiffen, the F&B Director, whose knowledge of food and all things alcohol is truly amazing! The hotel itself is beautiful: rooms are exceptionally large and immaculately kept, even down to the strategically placed slippers at the side of my bed that I swear is measured out with a ruler. I could go on forever about the food standards which is simply the best and don't get me started about the hotel pool! Go stay in one of the WORLDS best hotels!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had chosen to stay with us on three separate occasions and that each time we had managed to exceed your service expectations.

Furthermore, thank you for your kind comments about Andrew our F&B Director. I have shared your feedback with him as well as the rest of the team at the hotel.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back on another occasion - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This Raffles looks nothing like the original. It looks like the Great Pyramid! But newer. There are elegant Egyptian carvings and statues everywhere. The lobby is large and the clientele is cosmopolitan and very well dressed. Even the burkas are posh burkas. After a small flurry of trying to convince us to upgrade to the Presidential Suite (only $4000 a day more! A special rate just for you!) we were shown to our quite elegant large room, with a city view. The appointments were deluxe; the thread count was imperial, the bath was luxurious in every way. We only had a day to spend in Dubai, and we shopped in the nearby deluxe center and then had room service. It was all heavenly.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong here.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your one night stay and that overall your experience had been heavenly.

The team and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you for a longer stay next time you are in the region - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Excellent service in Rafles
Rooms are big and very nice
Internet connection is working very good
Spa is also very nice
Just the swimming pool area which is for me not very nice a
bout decoration ... But that's a detail

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you found the service excellent and the rooms and Spa nice.

That said, thank you for your comments about the pool which I have shared with the Director of Spa. We are always looking for ways to improve the facilities of the hotel which is why we value feedback from our residents.

The team and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I sometimes think when you read such great reviews that they can't possibly be true but for Raffles..they are. We are currently in Hong Kong visiting relatives and stayed at Raffles for 3 nights on the way out...we are going back for 3 nights on our way home and can't wait! We arranged for them to pick us up from the airport..expensive but a real treat. We were given iced flannels and water in the car. Ate in Azure for breakfast..excellent. Lazed around the pool and were given iced flannels and fruit skewers. Ate at Fire and Ice one night, without a doubt the best steak I have ever eaten and a special mention to William our waiter who was just charming and represented the hotel in and outstanding way (I hope they read this because he is a real asset!). All the staff are so friendly here, we visited the Burj Al Arab for afternoon tea and whilst it was wonderful, it was great to come home to Raffles. As others have said it is a long way from the beach but we knew that and didn't want the beach. If you are undecided...go...you will love it!

2  Thank Withers

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you your stay exceeded your expectations and that you had a chance to relax and enjoy the facilities of the hotel.

Furthermore, it was lovely to read that William your waiter in Fire & Ice represented the hotel in an outstanding way. Please be assured your remarks have been shared with him as well as the rest of the team at the hotel.

We would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Everything you'd expect from a luxury hotel in terms of facilities, staff (and cost!) Unfortunately the pool was closed on my only full day, this coloured my experience considerably, I left feeling disappointed, which was a shame. The duty manager should have given me a complimentary spa treatment instead of chocolates, then I would have been happy!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

As I mentioned in my personal note we were very disappointed to learn that you felt Raffles Dubai did not handle the pool closure as well as we could have and for this we are sincerely apologetic.

As you quite right stated the closing of the pool was due bad weather however how we as a hotel follow up on these acts of force majeure is very important. We do value your comments as it helps us to learn how we can improve and enhance our service standards.

In thanking you again for sharing your observations we do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on a future occasion.