“Luxury Egyptian Pyramid - Honeymoon stay”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at this beautiful hotel. The service was incredible, even before we entered the building. You will be treated like royalty and with utmost respect. What a way to be welcomed! :)

The room was decorated with a honeymoon theme with rose petals and complimentary champagne.

The club room was fantastic as it comes with a personal butler who is always there to cater to your needs and always with a smile.

I can't stress enough on how great the overall customer service was from start o finish. Wish i could have stayed longer but will definitely return again.

Perfect honeymoon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you and your husband were treated like royalty and that we had helped you have a perfect honeymoon.

Furthermore, it was wonderful to read that the staff has been attentive and that you had found the overall service incredible.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we hope to be able to welcome you back on another occasion.

Ayman Gharib

Write a ReviewReviews (3,588)

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This has been my second visit to Raffles in 6 months. My first visit was in August'13 for 14 nights and my second visit has been for 8 nights. Just got back to London a few days ago.

I have stayed at range of 5 star hotels in Dubai, but Raffles actually feels like a second home. Everyone wants excellent customer service. However you get much more whilst staying at Raffles and you can't put a price on that.

Concierge - the staff are very attentive and very welcoming. Special mention for Keen; very helpful and very professional.

Front desk - Very special mention for Soham. Soham is a friendly, professional guy. Positive, helpful, attentive and genuinely interested in what you have to say. Always smiling and a very nice individual. A credit to Raffles. Thanks Soham.

Club Room - staff are professional, attentive, caring and really welcoming. Variety of snacks and drinks provided. The chefs do a brilliant job.

Very special mention for Dheeraj, Sai, Robinson and Maggie. True professionals, nice individuals, really friendly, attentive, always there to help; credit to Raffles. Thanks guys.

The whole club room team are very welcoming.

Azur Restaurant - People say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I whole heartily agree, but when your breakfast tastes ultra special it makes the experience worthwhile. Loads of variety available and every dish looks very tasty. The restaurant is very spacious.

You're greeted to smiles by the staff at Azur, who are very attentive. You're never left waiting, staff are proactive and very quick in dealing with your requests.

Very Special mention for Mohammed (restaurant manager) - very professional, caring, friendly guy. Makes you feel very welcome and always smiling. Lina and Luisa - they have the most welcoming smile, so caring, helpful, professional, polite, warm, friendly and great individuals. Samson (Egg Station) - a very professional, nice, friendly guy. Always smiling and cooks the most awesome omelettes. Archie, Mijanur, Carol and Nabeel - very friendly and always available to help and assist.

Every staff member working in Azur restaurant are a credit to Raffles. These guys put in a lot of hard work behind the scenes in making sure our breakfast is tasty, presentable and on time. Thanks guys.

Gym - a really nice, clean and tidy gym. Michael (gym instructor) very helpful and very informative.

Butler service - special mention for Prakash and Charmaine. Very attentive, professional and friendly. Charmaine left a lovely surprise for my nephew; he loved it. Thank you.

Room and Room Service. My room was on the 12th floor, overlooking Burj Khalifa, lovely views. You're provided with complementary fresh fruit and water bottles every day. My room was spotless and sparkling clean when I returned in the evening, Thanks to everyone involved.

I have used the terms friendly, genuine, professional and attentive regularly in my review. It's a true testament to the staff at Raffles. Like I said in my opening paragraphs, the staff do that "extra" for you on a regular, consistent basis and you can not put a value or use enough words to justify the feeling.

The location of Raffles is great. Approximately 20 dirhams (taxi ride) to Dubai Mall. And the metro is close by. The hotel is close to the airport as well.

Needless to say, I'll definitely be staying at Raffles on my next visit, which will be very soon.

Khuram

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Linkinmaroon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read the names of all the staff who you felt should have a special mention and to hear the descriptives: friendly, genuine, professional and attentive to describe the team.

I have shared your review with everyone who works at the hotel and they were as pleased as I was to learn that you had a positive stay experience.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back for a third visit - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Second stay here, and it hasn't lost any of it's charm.
We had a club room on 10th floor, had booked for 3 but on arrival room only made up for two. This was quickly rectified by staff and we were given a garden view room which had beautiful views over the gardens and crossroads bar.
The staff at Raffles are what make this hotel so special, from the second you step out of your car you are treated like royalty.

Special thanks to so many but especially to Guest Services Manager Sai for our beautiful gift, Frederick in the lounge for looking after us every day and always smiling, lovely Margaret in the lounge, such fun and definately deserves a promotion for her ease with the guests. To Royce in Crossroads bar for initiating us in the Shisha and being so nice to my daughter, also thanks to Richard in Crossroads who kept us topped up. Thank you also to breakfast staff, including the chefs, they remember your name every morning and the choice and quality of food is amazing.

This time we tried the spa, it's expensive but worth it. By far the best massages we have ever had, truly relaxing. Many thanks to Sari and Yanti for their healing hands.

The only area which had fallen behind this year was the pool. Last year you were greeted immediately and towel laid on sunbed and one for your head, followed by water and iced tea, and throughout the day fruit and cool flannels. However this year the pool staff sauntered over at their own pace, and we only had fruit on the days Renato worked the pool bar (this guy works so hard and is always refreshing ice and delivering fruit), the other days not such great service. This is me being extremely picky, however I had told my daughter how wonderful the pool guys were last year, and everything else in the hotel had remained the same, it was a shame that Renato was left to do everything, he deserves a medal.

Raffles Dubai remains the best hotel I've ever stayed in, the staff are worth their weight in gold, rooms are huge with excellent housekeeping team, the beds and sheets are so comfy I never wanted to get up.

I hope I can return to Raffles year after year, the fact that so many staff are still here speaks volumes. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Dubai.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MossyCardiff

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you had chosen to stay with us a second time and that despite a small mix up upon arrival, that this was handled quickly by the team and it did not mar your overall experience.

Furthermore, I was delighted that Sai and the team at the hotel gave you a warm welcome back and ensured you were well looked after.

That said, thank you so much for your feedback about the pool area. I was disappointed to learn that you felt the service in this area had fallen. I have shared your comments with the Director of Spa who will ensure that we focus on the standards being offered to our guests. Thank you for your comments which help us know where we went wrong and what needs to be improved.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed there from 8th February until the 15th February 2014.

I have never experienced anything like this - the rooms, the furnishings, the decor in the halls, the staff in attendance everywhere, and our own private Butler (we were upgraded to a Diplomatic Suite which simply topped off the experience !!!), who was always smiling.

Free valet parking, excellent breakfasts, excellent evening canapes, everything was simply incredible.

I had my 50th birthday whilst there, and they prepared a really gorgeous cake and a card. Above and beyond the call !! Just so wonderful.

The only slight negative was one restaurant in the hotel, Tomo, a japanese inspired food experience which had been awarded a best newcomer. We were both a little disappointed with the quality of the food here - we've eaten MUCH better in many other places. This was certainly not anywhere near in the league of the rest of the hotel, its facilities, nor the hotels staff.

I would unreservedly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Dubai. I would go back in a heartbeat !!

Room Tip: Start with a Club room and cross your fingers for an upgrade, but to be honest, I KNOW I would have...
1  Thank Richard L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you had a positive stay experience and that we had helped make your 50th birthday special.

That said, thank you for your comments about TOMO which I have shared with the manager in charge. This restaurant is not operated by Raffles Dubai however the standards should be consistent with the servive in the hotel, I can only regret that on this occasion that was not the case.

In thanking you again, the team and I hope to be able to welcome you back again to Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Second visit here and so pleased we chose Raffles again. My first visit was last March with my sister and this year I was travelling with my husband.
We were greeted warmly once again and taken to the Club floor for a flawless check in with Mark who was very welcoming and enthusiastic about the hotel building itself and all that is Egyptian which I loved.
We had been upgraded too on this visit to a Diplomatic suite which was situated on the corner of the building with wrap round balcony and furniture and a huge lounge and dining room, office and bedroom with walk in wardrobe, dressing area and beautiful bathroom - simply stunning......
Breakfast in Azur was as good as I remembered with ample choice and freshly cooked items. The waiters were attentive - especially Archie who could not do enough for us.
The pool area had been refurbished from my last visit even though I didn't think it needed it and it was soooooo tranquil and the service great - bottled water with ice brought around, iced towels and fruit skewers...... Heaven...
The club lounge was busier this trip which was good although one night it was a little difficult to get a table. The staff were friendly but clearly had a little difficulty keeping up with demand as it was full. The food quality here was good but a little sparse compared to say the Grosvenor Hotel which has a huge buffet. If Raffles could re look at this area I think they would be totally un beatable.........

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you had chosen to stay with us a second time and that you were greeted warmly by the team.

That said, thank you for your comments about the Club lounge and food offerings. This is an area we are continually enhancing and I have shared your remarks with our Executive Chef and his team. All feedback whether positive or constructive helps us know where we need to improve.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

From the moment we are greeted at the airport and taken to our limousine, the Raffles experience begins. My wife and I spend many months apart during the year, due to working overseas, but when we have time together we ensure that it is quality time and that is why we stay at Raffles Dubai. We always stay for 14 nights, and the service we receive is outstanding, all the members of staff greet you with a smile and are always willing to help with anything you need, this is why Raffles Dubai deserves to be classed as an excellent hotel. The rooms and suites are top class, furnished to a very high standard and the bathrooms are beautiful. The Club Lounge team will ensure you have a wonderful time, our last stay was in September and the experience was amazing, my wife mentioned in conversation with Mr Gonzalo, The Director of rooms that she hadn't slept very well one night, not for any particular reason, that afternoon there was a knock on our suite door, he had arranged for a huge bed topper to be fitted to our bed, the staff did this very quickly and it was so comfortable, thank you Mr Gonzalo. My wife and I are returning to Raffles for another 14 nights of luxury, friendly and professional staff, beautiful surroundings, and amazing food in three weeks time. If you book Raffles Dubai you will be very impressed and will want to stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karlosjackie

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you have chosen us to be your second home when in Dubai.

Furthermore, it was pleasing to read your remarks about Mr. Rodriguez and the team at the hotel - feedback i have shared with all the staff at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Hotel is awesome!!!!
Very good location, 15min from Airport, 20min to all main Dubai attractions and malls.
I am a very frequest guest, had the oportunity to be the 1st offical guest in 2007 at the opening and I fall in love with this place. I come back every year more than twice.
The hotel looks from outside like a pyramid and inside you will find great luxury. The standard room are bigger than any other city hotels. All what you need at a very fair price.
We usually stay at the landmark suite which has a high space and as every room an own buttler service. Therefore I like to thank you to Lilian (Buttler Teamleader, yedda). They did a very nice room arrangment for us.. For our 5th year anniversary they put lots of ballons, rose leaves and a delicious cake with our name on top of it. THANKS SOO MUCH

Restaurants:
Of course we used the genious break daily. High selection of top quality food. So yummm!

As well we used as every time the new Tomo Japanese restaurant.
From there and as well from the rooms you have an awesome view of the Dubai Skyline and Burj Khalifa (worlds highest buidling)
Food and staff is just great. We saw many Japanese guests which is a very good sign that this food is real Japanese food.

Before I end the review I would like to mention a BIG Thanks to all Raffles Lounge staff.
They do a fantastic job. Especially, Kennedy, Frank and Zenia. Very happy and super friendly people.
Michael the gym personal trainer: You made me sweat and it was a great 1 hour session with you!

Suggestion to the management:
It would be great to have a beach access. I know that Raffles and Fairmont are in the same Hotel chain. Is there a possibility to get complimentary beach access to Fairmont Palm?
Maybe once or twice a day with a shuttle over there.

Room Tip: Signature Suite (Big enough for 2) Or Diplomatic Suite
3  Thank UAEmate
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that as the first ever guest at the hotel you have chosen to stay with us again and again and to learn that we constantly exceed your expectations.

Your patronage is extremely valuable to us and we are delighted to be able to welcome you back time and time again.

The team and I would really like to thank you for choosing Raffles to be your home away from home whilst in Dubai.