“Ideal stopover hotel with impeccable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
zurich
“Ideal stopover hotel with impeccable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my first stay at the Raffles Dubai!
My main reasons for choosing the Raffles was the excellent offer which was significantly cheaper than many similar hotels and the fact that it is close to the airport as I was only staying 3 days!
The service is amazing and definitely the most friendly and obliging staff I have ever experienced! Nothing is too much to ask and everyone smiles and greets beautifully!
The rooms are very nice, very clean and slot of though went into the design making it very convenient and easy to use!
Babysitting service was very reliable and Would recommend!
Breakfast was ok but I have had better display, selection in other hotels in Dubai!
It was Ramadan so somemrestaurants were closed but the was a huge selection on the room service menu and room service was delivered quickly and beautifully presented!
Te thing tat set the raffles apart from all of the other 5 star establishments I have stayed in (there have been many) is the personal touch! Upon our arrival our room was not ready... We were given complimentary drinks and later a lovely tray of dates and sweets was delivered to our room with a note to apologize for the delay. My daughter also received cookies and sweets on a special kiddies tray which was fantastic!
The service is so nice, you feel special and appreciated and The Raffles staff go the extra mile to please!
I really enjoyed my stay and will come again!
Thank you to all the staff for making us feel so at home and welcome!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JetsetZurich
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, July 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you had a positive stay experience and that you would choose to stay with us again.

Furthermore, thank you so much for your kind words about the service and staff which I have shared with each and every one of them.

The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Andrew Abram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rockingham, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have stayed here as stopover on several occasions and its always been a positive experience. The staff are always friendly and cannot do enough for you. The rooms of which we have stayed in a different one each time from the suite to standard have all been exceptional. Free WIFi is a bonus
Breakfast buffet is second to none. Proximity to airport a bonus for a stopover. The hotel has good facilities with a nice pool area, It also has a shopping mall next to it. I would most definitely recommend a stay at Raffles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kstephen5051
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, July 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to learn that you have always had a positive stay experience and that you enjoy the breakfast offerings.

Furthermore, thank you for your kind words about the team members, which I have shared with everyone at the hotel.

Thank you for recommending Raffles Dubai - we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our experience on our recent two night stopover at Raffles returning from holiday in Europe.

Booked a Raffles Club room for three for 8/9 July. Arrived at 1.30am to be advised our room had no third bed , so we waited while this was provided. Our room was booked at least 2 months in advance so not sure why this seemed to be a surprise to Raffles. All amenities in the room were only prepared for two. We asked for extra glasses and coffee mugs as well as an extra bathrobe. Some of these items were provided by the butler service but we never saw the third robe throughout our stay

We finally got to sleep at 4.30am after the room was properly prepared so as expected we slept through breakfast. We went to the Lobby and ordered a breakfast which was delivered cold and incomplete. We spoke with a duty manager who agreed to delete the food items from the bill but still charged us for the coffee.

After breakfast we went to go for a swim in the pool but were informed by staff that the pool was closed for Ramadan. After pointing out that Ramadan did not commence till the 10th July and we wanted to swim on the 9th July we did not understand why the pool was restricted. Turns out Raffles had booked maintenance for this day so nobody could use the pool regardless of Ramadan. Raffles offered to bus us to another pool somewhere in Dubai We did not want to leave the hotel as it was 40+c outside.

Checked out on the 10/July and was asked if we enjoyed our stay. Enough said

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nigel H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I was very disappointed to read that you had a less than positive stay experience at Raffles Dubai.

If I may gently explain, the pool closure during Ramadan was difficult to schedule as the first day of the holy month is not announced until 24 hours before. Therefore, we had to guess to the best of our ability the first day, however as you quite correctly stated we were one day early. This is in no way an excuse, however I hope it explains why it happened.

Regarding your arrival experience I sincerely apologise that despite advising us in advance the room was not set for three persons. This should not have happened and I have followed up with all those involved to see where we went wrong. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. That said; I was pleased to learn that an apology amenity was sent to your suite as a way to show our regret.

Furthermore, thank you for sharing your remarks about your breakfast experience in Raffles Salon. Another disappointment however I was glad to read that the amount was rebated.

Please let me assure you your comments have been taken very seriously and will be used as an opportunity to improve our service standards and internal communication. I just apologise that this left you with a marred impression of Raffles Dubai.

If you do allow us the opportunity of a repeat visit, please contact my office directly when making the booking so that I can personally look after the reservation details.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

An amazing hotel! My room certainly had the 'wow' factor. The breakfast buffet is exceptional. The proximity to the airport was good given my brief stay. The staff cannot do enough to help you. I only had about 30 hours to discover Dubai, and Maye the concierge helped me make the most of it. She made excellent recommendations about what I should do and then promptly organised it all for me. I had a fabulous time. An evening safari with Xtreme adventures was a real highlight. Abdullah, my drive,r was fantastic and ensured our safari was an experience not to be forgotten. My stay at Raffles Hotel certainly contributed to me now wanting to return to Dubai and experience more of this amazing place. Unfortunately, my limited stay didn't allow me to explore all the wonderful facilities this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Leona W
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, July 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a positive stay experience and that Maye made some excellent recommendations and helped make your short visit enjoyable.

The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

A true 5 star hotel within easy reach of airport and short taxi ride to many of the main areas. Rooms, food, service all excellent. Breakfast and lunch buffets exceptional. Pool area larger than it looks on photos and very pleasant. Lots of luxurious little details to ensure hotel doesn't feel like a large chain/corporate hotel. We couldn't fault this hotel and would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a positive stay experience and that you found the room, service and food all excellent.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Dubai. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I was meeting my husband over the weekend so We just stayed one night in a club room. the staff checked us in, and were very friendly , Natalia was very helpful in showing us our room and introducing us to Sharma, The bonus things you get with the club room are great, we were very happy to get complimentary pressing for my husband shirts as he had meetings the next day. we tried the evening canapes but missed the tea time. was impressed by the make up service although there was no time to try it out . In addition to the nice layout of the rooms and the unique decor, We felt every one was there to help and they were very friendly and welcoming , cant remember all the names but moses, keen, ronaldo, sharma and all the other staff thanks for the great experience. Def would recommend to other people and would love to go back.

1 Thank nalana
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you and your husband had a positive stay and that you had enjoyed the offerings associated with a club room.

Furthermore, thank you for your kind words about the staff and for highlighting those team members that execeeded your expectations.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I believe the only aspect not worth a 10 would be location, which actually didn't matter for me considering how spread the city is. Also,the Egyptian inspired decor can be a bit tacky in the common areas, but not inside the rooms.
Apart from that it's excellent from beginning to end. Friendly and quick check-in, huge rooms, very comfortable, huge bathroom with excellent shower and tub, big balcony overlooking downtown. Their SPA is also very beautiful and there's an outdoor swimming pool if you feel like it. I was impressed by the variety and quality of the room service food - you have menus from around 6 different nationalities! Breakfast was also very good and had plenty of options from many different cuisines.
It's not one of those hotels where you leave by foot and go walk around - it's very close to the airport, by a big avenue, attached to a very high-end mall with excellent restaurant options. The hotel's restaurants are also great! Downtown is about 10min by cab and I really didn't matter not having stayed there.
Definitely worth it! A ++++!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a positive stay experience and that you had enjoyed the room and view as well as the Spa.

Furthermore, I was pleased to hear that you were impressed by the variety and quality of the menus.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Dubai - the team and I look forward to the opportunitty of welcoming you back on another occasion.