“Fabulous experience”

Ranked #2 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Adelaide, Australia
“Fabulous experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights on the way back to Australia from a 24 day cruise around the Mediterranean. We opted for a club room which was not that expensive considering it is a huge suite with balcony and so comfortable. Having a club room entitles you to high afternoon tea and also nibbles and unlimited alcohol from 6-8 in the Club Lounge. You really don't need to eat out if you take into account the fabulous buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and appetisers. Fredrick who looked after us in the Club Lounge is an asset to the hotel. The other staff could not do enough for us either. We would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bruceandmeredith
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read of your positive stay experience and that you were well looked after by Federick and team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

Andrew Abram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Whakatane, New Zealand
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was our forth stay at Raffles Dubai,and once again it was superb!The service and staff attitude are exceptional and it starts as soon as you arrive at the front door.
We like to have a club room as the extra benefits are worth it ,afternoon tea ,evening drinks and canapés ,and breakfast included.The service from Matthew,Frederick,and Kennedy in the club lounge ,was so professional and friendly ,we were even remembered from our last visit....truly amazing with the numbers of guests they look after.
Breakfast at Azur is a treat,one of the best range of foods I have seen ,and nothing is a problem if you want something slightly different ,excellent service once again from a dedicated team.
The rooms are large and very comfortable ,with a very large bathroom area ,that has a great shower and a huge tub for a relaxing soak .
The way we are pampered at Raffles means we are not interested in looking at any other hotel in Dubai ,it is such a good experience ......do try it ,you won't be disappointed !!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank whakatony
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had chosen to stay with us four times and that you would recommend our hotel to other travellers.

Furthermore, it was pleasing to hear your kind comments about the staff, in particular Matthew, Frederick and Kennedy from the club lounge as well as the breakfast team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world, but Raffles Dubai is our favourite. This was our third stay at this hotel and it has become our home from home, and it is mainly the way all the staff treat us.
The pick up from the airport was lovely, which was arranged by the hotel, friendly faces, luxury car, cold towels and bottles of ice cold water, great start to our holiday.
We were greeted at the hotel by the duty manager and taken straight to our Landmark suite on the 10th floor, these suites are amazing with great views of the city skyline. There was a welcoming note from Andrew the GM with a beautiful flower arrangement, these are the touches that make the hotel great.
We had access to the Club lounge, where all our needs were catered for, many thanks to Sai, Freddrick, Kennedy, Robinson and Melanie, they are so friendly and professional, and nothing is too much trouble.
The breakfast in Azur is delightful, we were always greeted with smiles from all the staff, and my wife's smoothy and my orange juice with ice were brought to our table without us having to ask. Our Butler, Karam, who looked after us for most of our two weeks, would bring us fresh berries every morning and a nice selection of chocolates in the evening. He did an amazing job of packing our suitcases at the end of our holiday, with all the new shoes my wife had brought, we would have struggled to close them !!!!
Gonzalo, the Director of rooms would meet us for coffee in the Club Lounge, for a friendly chat before his morning meeting, he has an amazing team, and should be very proud of the service they provide, thank you also to Mamdo, rooms manager. Our maid Khin always had a smile on her face, and cleaned our suite to a very high standard, all linen was replaced everyday and a great turn down service provided.
You need to stay at this hotel to really discover how amazing the experience Raffles provides is. We have already booked our next two week stay in September, and cannot wait to enjoy our second home again. Thank you Raffles Dubai !!!!

Room Tip: Always pay the extra for a Club room, and enjoy the benefits.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karlosjackie
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you and your wife had chosen to stay with us for a 3rd time and that we had managed to once again exceed your expectations.

Furthermore, thank you for your kind comments about the team at the hotel. It was very pleasing to learn that each and every person had provided amazing service.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice room and perfect service.
The management is excellent and food also very good!some problem with wi fi .
Location is very good ,very close to Dubai exhibition center!

A great choice in Dubai
I will back!
Many thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank George W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the food and service.

The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

staff were very welcoming;room was beautiful; breakfast was excellent would stay here again anytime. we arrived at 645am and our room was available immediately which we really appreciated.the concierge was so helpful that you felt you were a vip. the sightseeing bus was very convenient to the hotel also

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank silvapete
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a positive stay experience and that we were able to accommodate your early arrival.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Dubai - the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Raffles Hotel in Dubai was probably one of the very best properties I have ever stayed at in my entire life!

The hotel lobby was amazing, my suite was very tastefully decorated and spacious, the food at the Club and restaurants was delicious!

The best thing about the hotel was the impeccable service by the hotel staff. It was definitely one of a kind! I left Dubai with a true desire to visit this property again on my next trip!

Room Tip: I was lucky enough to stay at one of the Orchid Suites with an amazing view of the city!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lourdes V
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and that we were among one of the best properties you have ever stayed.

Furthermore, it was lovely to hear your comments about the service. I agree the staff can make all the difference between a good and excellent hotel and I am very proud of the team we have here.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Dubai.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I travel to Dubai almost every month on business and the highlight of the trip is staying in Raffles. Now on my fifth stay (since my previous long term hotel changed management and went downhill) I am constantly impressed with Raffles.

After your first check in they keep all the information on file so after a long flight, late at night or early in the morning, check in is quick simple and efficient, they remember all your preferences about views and room type and you dont even need to ask. Staff escort you from your car to the reception to the room and explain how the lights and everything works and even offer to unpack your suitcase.

The service here is exemplary. I would never stay anywhere else in Dubai as I would be afraid the standards set here are not met by other hotels. I am sometimes afraid that after setting such high standards they wouldn't be able to maintain them on my next visit but time after time they meet the same standards and always improve upon them. It's the small things that matter by this time, but they are very nice touches such as breakfast staff remembering how I take my coffee. I was so very impressed that after about 6 weeks and countless other guests they had remembered.

The Breakfast is beyond compare and friends living in Dubai often want to join me for breakfast as it is so good, if you go outside of summer you can sit outside and it's simply wonderful. I have to say that if you want the best eggs Benedict you ever tasted then ask for Samson at the egg counter and you will be in for a treat!

I stayed in a Club Room which is absolutely worth the extra money and includes club access, breakfast and 2 items of clothes pressed, not to mention a bunch of extras. The Club Lounge food is no afterthought - it matches exactly the five star service that Raffles is known for and the staff take care of you as if you were family, I never left hungry as the staff especially Robinson, Kennedy and Sai always seen to it that I had plenty to eat, even if I arrived a little late or a little early for the food services.

The rooms themselves are very cleverly designed and carefully thought out. They are constructed of very high quality material such as beautiful marble. The bed is supremely comfortable and the sheets really do feel like Egyptian cotton (unlike hotels which say they are, but are not!) The lights have several settings and can be dimmed by a control panel by the bedside.

Though I shouldn't say this, in all honesty after staying there before and knowing how good it is, I would pay double what I paid to stay at Raffles and still feel it's value for money. All the staff work so hard to ensure that each guest has a truly perfect and memorable stay. Even when I talk to other guests in the elevators or at breakfast each of them cannot help but compliment the staff who made their stay perfect. I know what it's like to work in front of the public all the time and smile and be genuine with that smile and sometimes its difficult, but the staff at Raffles pull it off and they do it sincerely, especially Olga, Oxana and Julia at reception who are genuinely happy to see you and sincerely want to help in any way they can.

With this kind of attitude, it makes staying in Raffles a pleasure and leaving a tragedy. Though knowing that you can go back anytime and the staff will be genuinely happy to see you and may even remember how you take your coffee is a very comforting thought.

Room Tip: Definitely book a club room if you can go the extra money. Often there are deals for booking a coupl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alan1901
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you have chosen to stay with us again and again and that each time we have managed to exceed your expectations.

Furthermore, thank you for your kind words about the team members at the hotel. We are proud of our staff and your feedback is testament to this. I have shared your review with everyone at the hotel and they were as pleased as I was to hear your comments.

Thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai to be your hotel of choice when visiting the UAE. We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.