“A wonderful haven of luxury”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #3 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Oh wow, I simply did not want to leave this hotel.

From start to end the service was oustanding with all staff being so helpful. Both concierges we dealt it were just fabulous, giving advice, making dinner bookings and a booking for Atmosphere in the Burj Khalifa. The guy from housekeeping who cleaned our room was fabulous and did such a great job, and the reception staff were lovely.

It seemed that even when we bumped into a staff member in the lift they'd help us out by running out to get us a taxi or whatever we needed. There was a holy day when we were there and so alcohol couldn't be served or on show after 7pm. We had a bottle of wine in Crossroads and my husband went to bring it to our room so we could be respectful and not have it on show while we ate, and the minute he stood up a staff member came and took it from him and had it delivered with two glasses. They were just so on the ball.

The room was stunning. We were opposite the mosque and I couldn't hear a thing so that wasn't an issue. It was incredibly comfortable, spacious and luxurious, from the AMAZING shower and bathroom to the comfy balcony, and fabulous sofa, bed and walk in wardrobe.

There was an issue once where the access via key card to our room didn't work. It wasn't even a major issue as we were going out for the day anyway but on our return we found a bottle of sparkling wine and a plate of dried fruits and local pastries in our room to apologise - just simply fantastic service.

The pool was lovely and I just wish I had more time there. The service there from the guys laying out towels to the barman was again, faultless.

We did a big bus tour of Dubai and there was a bus stop just outside the Wafi Mall which is connected to the hotel so that was incredibly handy, and we didn't get to check it out, but seemingly the metro is only a five minute walk away. Ridiculously handy for the airport too which is little more than a ten minute drive.

Possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed in. If I have anything to say about it, I'll definitely be back!

The one downside is that I had to check out and come home!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trish O
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and that the staff exceeded your expectations throughout the duration of your visit.

I have shared your kind words with the entire team and they were as pleased as I was to learn that you had a positive stay experience.

That you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Andrew Abram

Write a ReviewReviews (3,725)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel in Dubai is by far one of the best hotels in the world. It has better results than the Burj Al Arab. The rooms are spectacular. The service is unprecedented. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone. The club lounge is the best I have been in (and I have been inquite a few). The food, the service, the quality of the wine and food is second to none. They remember your likes and dislikes and even after 3 weeks they knew our names and what drinks we liked. On our wedding anniversary they decorated the room with rose petals, send us a cake and flowers and champagne. Their pick up from the airport comes with lovely cold towels and water. Check in is a breeze in the club lounge and all in all a wonderful wonderful hotel. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Anywhere really but overlooking the pool is nice. The balconies are very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Treve B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you had a positive stay and that you would rate us amongst the best hotels in the world.

Furthermore, I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed the club facilities and that we had helped make your wedding special.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my first stay at the hotel and i didnt think it was that amazing but as soon as i entered the place its like a hiddle palace with best rooms you can expect. you will be treated like royality.
the room by it self it fully equiped and amazingly decorated. i would stay there every time,
great experiance and location is great.

1  Thank OsamaAlhazmi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your first stay at Raffles Dubai and that you found it amazingly decorated.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the Raffles hotel Dubai in May of this year....what a fantastic hotel. The rooms have the wow factor ......we stayed in a club room which was huge and beautiful decorated, in the room there was a coffee machine a large sofa, foot stool, coffee table, 45-50ins plasma TV, desk and a comfy king size bed.... ....the bathroom again large with a walk-in rain shower a corner bath two sinks there was also a walk in closet, just perfect. The hotel lobby is amazing with a water fall as you enter ...... the service first class . Breakfast was fantastic everything you could think of and cooked to perfection.....afternoon high tea served in the club lounge was delicious and the evening cocktails and canapes were divine...... Raffles Dubi is truly a stupendous luxury hotel , one I will be sure to visit again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Terryandkay
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel fantastic and that you found the rooms to have the wow factor.

Furthermore, I was very pleased to hear that you had enjoyed breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapes in the club lounge.

Thank you for recommending Raffles Dubai - the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our first stay in a Raffles hotel, and we were overwhelmed with the genuine friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff, from the concierge desk to the cleaners. For a large hotel chain this is something that we have never experienced before . One of the concierge staff Eduardo actually took us quite a distance from the hotel to show us exactly where the tourist bus would collect us, instead of just giving us directions. Another of the concierge staff Amado went to a great deal of trouble to arrange a tour of the Burj al Arab by one of the staff members there.
The breakfast buffet was extraordinary, and the Club lounge was certainly worth paying the extra charge to enjoy this amenity.

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra to get a room on the club floor level
1  Thank Neville P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

The team and I were delighted to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that Eduardo and Amado from the concierge team went the extra mile to meet your requirements.

Furthermore, it was pleasing to hear that you would recommend rooms that allow access to our Club Lounge.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

A wonderful all-around experience. The service is impeccable. your every need is attended too with genuine caring and concern. A personal touch accompanies your stay , whether it is simply taking the time to address you by name or paying attention to your likes and needs and making sure they are available to you at all times. The butler and housekeeping under the expert supervision of Mr. Gonzalo Rodriguez are tried with old school charm and there is nothing that one cannot obtain by simply asking for it. The food is served elegantly at breakfast and dining at the Fire and Ice Restaurant was a real treat. The team work of Chef Scheu and Maitre D' Mr. Guta
made the evening unforgettable . A combination of excellently prepared dishes and excellent service had us going back 3 evenings in a row.
I am most definitely looking forward to my next stay and I can assure you it will be in the near future.

1  Thank mskup1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to learn that you had a wonderful all round experience and that you found the service impeccable.

Furthermore, I was glad to note that you enjoyed your dinner in Fire & Ice and that you were well looked after by the team.

The staff and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Arrival :
Not a good experience on arrival. There are no staff welcoming us or loading our bags from the taxi boot. No one escorted us to the reception area.

Check in :
Second problem arrive when the reception cannot find our booking. The booking is there, but I dont know why he can't find my booking. After asking to recheck, our booking is there and he escorted me to the lounge for check in. Met Mr. Kennedy, which is Raffles Lounge receptionist. He has great personality and good sense of humor which change my mood from angry to cheerful. We got upgraded room to Raffle Club room.

Room :
I rated the room on par with my Maldives experience and for a city hotel, this is the best. Huge room, very comfortable bed, plush sofa, scenic view of balcony, big size rainshower and very beautiful marbled bathroom. What else? Also there is Emiratis dessert and fruit on our table. Delicious and quite expensive to buy myself.. Nespresso machine are complimentary, same as bottled water. Bose sound system and there is a "mood" lighting. Our butler was also friendly and available 24 hours on duty.

Breakfast :
A quality selection of breakfast, quite tasty ranging from Asian, western to Arabic food.

Location :
A good 10min walk to medical center subway station, it was hot. Taxi service available anytime. Concierge was not so helpful at this hotel from my experience.

Service :
Outstanding service after our nightmare arrival experience. Hardly to see any fault.

Too bad we didn't have more time here which I wish I could stay for a week long but I will be back later this year.

Room Tip: Raffles Club Room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Putraskyline

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was very disappointed to read that you had a poor arrival experience and that you faced problems with your booking. This is certainly not the arrival we wish our residents to have and I apologise that this took place, thank you for this feedback.

That said; I was pleased to learn that the rest of your stay was positive and that you found the service outstanding.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us - the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.