“rude reception”

Ranked #54 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Airolodge International
“rude reception”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

Very disappointed with the hotel reception and concierge staff. Very rude and not at all helpful. Would not stay again or recommend

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

The Bad:
You won't be able to sleep until 3.30am due to the loud music produced by the club downstairs - every day of the week.

The Good:
Rooms were good.

My recommendation, there are plenty of hotels in the area and you don't have to put up with the noise of having so much noise every night.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hitkaiser
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

I stayed at the hotel 10th -17th Jan with my girlfriend. I send e-mail to the hotel before my flight and asked for airport pickup, but they did not answer at all. Well, that was not a big problem because taxi drove to the hotel quickly. It cost about 60 dirhams (12 euros).

At the hotel welcome was warm. Receptionist told that she had read my e-mail (I asked pickup and room on upper floors because some reviewers told about noise from the disco). She upgraded our room that was on the 5th floor. Room was stylish, about 50m2 with living room area and kitchen. There was almost no noise, only some praying from minarets could be heard, but that was of course part of the culture.

Breakfast included to our room price and was served on the 2nd floor in a nice cafeteria. There were lots of fruit, bread, bacon, egg - just normal kind of selection. Only problem seemed to be that you could not get coffee or tea by yourself and sometimes it took nearly 10 minutes to get it from the staff. Breakfast was served until 10.30 AM which was good for morning sleepers.

On the roof it was a good quality gym, a nice little pool (though water was a bit chilly, because it was in the shadow on afternoons - roof was large, so you could get sun on the other side), a sauna and a steam room. I had some problems in the sauna. First it was okay but in the third evening something came up. When I threw water on the stove, the whole sauna went blackout. There was no light at all. Soon a staff member came and told me not to throw water because it was an electric sauna. Well, I told him that I had a same kind of a stove in my own sauna in Finland but he said that this was not like in Finland. Why to call it sauna if you can't throw water there? And who would buy a stove that you can't throw water on? And why there are rocks if you don't use water? I think the problem was that there was a light just above the stove. So when steam rose to the light it caused electrical blackout. So if you read this review at the hotel: just install the light elsewhere so everyone can enjoy REAL sauna experience. By the way, water bucket was hidden in the closet.=) These problems were at men's sauna. At women's side you could throw water without problems (my girlfriend told me), but it was no bucket in there, only two scoops.

You could use hotel's own taxis that cost the same than those metered ones (for example to Burj Khalifa 30 dirhams and to Wild Wadi Park 50 dirhams). There was a daily newspaper (Gulf News) hanging on our door every morning. In couple of mornings they rang our doorbell and askef for laundry. That was a bit before 9 AM, so we were still in the bed. There was also some mystery check at 10 PM to our minibar that we did not use.

There were many different restaurants in Royal Ascot and Ascot hotel next door. We used Wellington steak house that was good but not awesome. My medium steak was well-done and price was a bit high compared to neighbourhood restaurants. I also visited pub Waxy's that seemed to be nice and popular place. They showed premier league and changed to match that I preferred in the upstairs. Nice service!

There is a free shuttle bus service every day 10.30 AM (pickup back at 2 PM) to the Jumeirah beach that we used three times. The beach is good but if you want even better beach day take a taxi to Dubai Marina. There's also a free beach next to an expensive one in front of Hilton hotel.

Anyway our holiday was awesome. Our week cost 3010 dirhams. I think it was worth the money and would go there again.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank E_from_Finland
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

Very comfortable and excellent service, in the heart of downtown Dubai and most amenities within a short walk or taxi ride

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

i visited dubai on 28 th dec and stayed till till 1st jan 2010. During my 4 days visit i have seen full hotel and it is very good, clean and neat. Reception and lounge is very good.Elevators are good and clean.staff is very helpfull. I met Mr GAURAV and Mr Farooq during my breakfast time , they were handling customers efficiently. mannerisms ,rooms, bathrooms are upto the mark. restaurants, cafeteria provide sumptuous food with varied delicacies. i recommend this hotel to all travellers as one of the best hotel in dubai.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Southwold, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2009

Good hotel well located in Dubai, staff were helpful and friendly

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

My sister and I stopped over on route back to Sydney from London, Emirates aranged everything for us with Arabian Adventures, we were met at airport, all our luggage was taken care of, we were taken to the Royal Ascot Hotel, picked up next day for a dune safari, which was fantastic, Rostam and Meryvn took us on a hair raising trip up and down the dunes and then on to the banquet in the desert and camel rides. Then on the last day we were picked up to go back to the airport to fly out. Being woman alone we were dubious but no need to have been, we were wonderfully taken care of. We just wished now that we had stayed longer. The Royal Ascot Hotel was wonderful and the breakfast was delightful. We recommend this to anyone going to dubai.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends