“A Stylish Oasis”
Review of Desert Palm Dubai

Desert Palm Dubai
Ranked #208 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Desert Palm is a perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai, without having to go too far, but it really feels a million miles away. The hotel is very stylish. The contemporary style (with equestrian touches) works well and it feels very exclusive. I booked a Palm Suite which was gorgeous. However, it overlooked the terrace at the back of the hotel, which made it really noisy during the evening. There weren't even that many people outside, but the noise echoed up to the room (note the hotel has only 2 floors). The music and chatter were such a distraction that I called to reception to ask what time the bar closes - 2am!! I'm not a complainer but I had come to relax. The management were quick to respond asked if I wanted to move rooms but the room they showed me was no better as it still overlooked the terrace but was just further along. Eventually after showing me another room which was a lower category, they moved me to a Polo Suite which was perfect. It's the same layout as the Palm Suite, but just overlooks the polo field, so was quiet and away from the main building. The room was large and well equipped, the bathroom is amazing, half the size of the room. I ate in Rare and Epicure, the food in both places was great. The service was good without being in your face. The pool area is gorgeous, the infinity pool overlooks the polo field, and you can relax on the floating lazy boys - nice touch! The pool side service was wonderful; Voss water and refeshing sorbets on the house. The spa was excellent, I had a couple of treatments and they were happy to tailor-make around my preferences and the time I had available. Note that the resort is just off a main road and you can hear the traffic! You tune it out very quickly but it's worth mentioning. It really was a wonderful break and I would go back in a heart beat (but would book a polo suite this time to be away from the bar).

Room Tip: The Palm Suites all overlook the bar/restaurant at the back of the hotel so be aware it can be noisy...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Desert Palm Dubai

Reviewed October 18, 2012

On our recent overnight stay in Dubai we again enjoyed the hospitality of the Dessert Palm Dubai Resort-Hotel. It is unique, as it has 5-star villas in an polo-country-club atmosphere. The villas have all their own pool and are very elegantly furnished with all amenities one would think of. The restaurants serve a mouthwatering dinner and the bar is cozy to stay long after. Should one be in the resort at the polo season, the afternoons can be spent sitting at the spacious terrace or the polo bar and watch the game, played by one of the best teams in the area. Something we experienced on a prior visit and really enjoyed. The staff is very efficient and friendly. On all our visits we loved the tranquility in the resort after “serious” shopping in the Dubai malls. A place to come back to… as we did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed 6 nights based on previous reviews and we were delighted. We were upgraded to a palm suite- it was huge and the bathroom was bigger than most hotel rooms with feature double ended bath. Great 'maxi' bar/drinks making facilities in the room and the little touches made it feel very special.
We were on half board (so the best thing to do!) as the food is fabulous. We adore good food and have eaten our way around the world but this place was is up there. A la Carte breakfast and dinner (quailty fab and you can chose anything you want and the portions are generous).
Drinks are expensive but that is the same everywhere in Dubai.
One minor area of improvement could be more shade/umbrellas around the pool- as I am pale and want to stay out of the sun and heat. Also when there is a party in the nearby residences you can hear the music but reception did ask them to turn the music down a bit.
Finally the staff cant do enough and so friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: if you want a quiter room ask for rooms that are not over the bar and 'rare' restaurant
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked a short notice holiday to Desert Palm which exceeded expectations in every way. it's a little bit out of town, so please be aware of that nothing a taxi costing £15 or so can't sort and the resort runs a shuttle service twice a day.
Desert palm is calm and relaxing with a chilled out atmosphere, well away from the bling and excess of mainstream Dubai. Ate in both restaurants, Epicure and Rare, with possibly one of the best steaks of my life in Rare - Wagyu beef from Australia.
Days spend chilling oput by the pool after a lazy breakfast in Epicure from their a la carte. The LIME spa is also sub-lime with every possible treatment, although quite pricey.
Travelled on a 4 night package which included a massage, meal, airport transfers and various other perks. Would recommend this as otherwise the extras could add up. The hotel very kindly agreed to let me take the package meal in Rare, which was a huge perk at the steak along was £60 menu price. This isn't normal - the meal is normally in Epicure - but was a gesture for the fact my airport transfer went a bit wrong, the only thing that did and even then massively redeemed by excellent service thereafter and a genuine (and exceptional) desire to please the guest. The front desk staff were very helpful, booking restaurants and a trip to the top of the Khalifa for me. Internet in the hotel was lightning fast with a free Mac in reception so no need to cart a laptop there. The buzz in the evening at the bar was good. Though it's a small hotel facilities are shared with an upmarket housing complex and a Polo club so it always felt just nicely busy with chillout music playing late to views of the shimmering distant skyline. The Friday brunch (new I think) was totally superb with the best choice of food I have seen in many years buffet-style and included champagne and wine for a bargain (for Dubai and the quality and service) £70 a head.
I really enjoyed Desert Palm and would happily go back there for another break.

Room Tip: Was upgraded to a Polo suite overlooking the Polo field, these are quiet and huge if you can get one...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TravellingGrocer
Reviewed September 7, 2012

After moving out here to live & work I am happy to report my first proper dinning experience out has been as a guest of the Desert Palm resort & spa....a colleague took me out for dinner here after explaining she herself used to live in one of the villa's/apartments many years ago and remains a regular to the establishment even now.
Well what can I say, but amazing!! So sad that none of the pictures do it justice for setting the scene at night. The decor is very contemporary, stunning & very tastefully chic, chilled music floats in the background, a great atmosphere, great service from the smiley attentive staff & lovely food & comprehensive drinks list given the location. I decided to sit outside on the terrace with the dimmed lights from the eternity pool along side our seat, each table had a ceiling fan discreetly set into the pagoda -just enough to take the edge off a warm night & from there I gazed out across the pool sipping my wine. Alternatively there are a couple more restaurants inside that I could see; each with equally enjoyable views & atmosphere- this and the ample size bar area with big squashy chairs & sofas to relax in gives plenty of choice. This place is child friendly without being intrusive, dress code for evening seems casual but respectful, although slightly more formal in one of the dinning rooms. -I did not feel the need to cover up at any point (although gladly I would have obliged) and it was delightful to be able to enjoy some wine or spirits with a lovely dinner. Can't wait to pop over with friends for a breakfast and enjoy the full range of facilities on another day....highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have just returned from Desert Palm and are already planning our next visit with them. We spent a week in a pool villa for our honeymoon and booked the honeymoon package, all the staff are excellent (Rowel makes the best macchiato at breakfast time), RARE was closed as it was Ramadan; but this didn't stop Ashley organising a RARE meal for us in our room which was excellent and Raj (part of the waiting staff) was superb. The pool villa was fantastic and cleaned every day (whilst we were at breakfast). It was very quiet and very relaxing and we used the Lime spa a few times as well as the gym which were both brilliant. The RED bar was open from 8pm and we would enjoy a cocktail (or two) most evenings. The grounds are maintained beautifully, the outside space we had with the pool villa was very private and the private pool was lovely. We spent a few nights dining in Dubai city (mainly close to the Dubai Mall which cost about £8 in a taxi to get to), the other nights we dined at EPICURE which was always excellent. The 'turn-down' service at night was great, we would come back to the room which had been tidied with plenty of bottles of water and dates at our bed side. We cannot fault any of the staff they all provided perfect service. Really looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We love going to Dubai in May because it's already very hot. If you're looking to spend your time at the poolside reading, Desert Palm is the perfect place. You can eat breakfast at the pool and order anything from the menu, usually until 11am. If you stay there into the afternoon, the pool guys will bring you refreshments from time to time (water, fruit juices, sorbet, etc.). Last year, we booked a pool villa. The pool villas are amazing (spacious and private) and have their own small pool. This year we booked a suite. Wow! I didn't miss the private pool so much because their big pool is just great (big, beautiful surroundings, great service and the right temperature). Check out their deals. We have been there twice and will return next May.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple