“Better than most”

Rose Garden Hotel Apartments - Bur Dubai
Ranked #228 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was there for an exhibition so myself and a colleage had a 2 bedroom apartment for a week.
Do bear in mind that this is not a 5* hotel and apart from the coffee shop near the entrance you will need to self cater or eat out. That said the staff were excellent, the rooms nice and big and as it was a smaller block the noise levels were low (one of the problems with big apartment blocks in the area is noise).
The rooftop pool is good, big enough to get some exercise - the attendant there was cheerful and welcoming, he kept the timings flexible to allow for a swim a little after closing.
Reception staff quickly knew our timings and had the key on the counter, a few dirhams to the concierge meant that a taxi could be ordered and that saved walking around at rush hour to hunt one down.
I saw the cockroach comments - in one week we had a couple of little ones, this is the middle east after all and I dont consider that to be a problem but part of what comes with the region.
The rooms were made up daily and cleaned. I would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Keith1955
There are newer reviews for Rose Garden Hotel Apartments - Bur Dubai

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a typical Dubai apartment building. It is in need of some serious upgrades. Rooms were relatively clean (except the carpets in the apartment) and as many have said previously, had cockroaches in the apartment. I spoke to the front desk regarding extermination and it seemed that they knew they had an infestation problem to begin with and didn't take my suggestion very seriously. I think they will continue to lose customers if they do not do anything about their cockroach issues.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank linpaws
Reviewed November 28, 2012

There is nothing great about this hotel. The room was okay, the bathroom door was somehow broken. The location was good, just behind burjuman. The wifi could have been better if it was faster. The staff at the hotel were friendly and we had no issues with them at all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hadi H
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Friendly, knowledgeable & courteous staff from time of booking to checkout. Location is ideally situated with easy access to all parts of Dubai - great starting point to tour the city. Easy 15 min drive from airport; 2 min walk to BurJuman shopping mall & key stop for tour bus; near Dubai Metro transit lines.

Large rooms with self catering amenities - desk, WiFi in room (free), king size bed, kitchenette & washer & dryer. Suited our 4 night stay perfect (and we had a 'small room').

Dubai is spread out and not a walking city so we found the Rose Garden to be ideally located to reach all areas - old city, creek & new city.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room so our view was of surrounding buildings - higher floor room may provide a v...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WisdomExchangeTV
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am staying here for the 4th time within an year and this time I was not pleased and not in a mood to stay once again here. My room was not ready by 2.00pm and I was forced to wait. Instead of 1 bed room flat I was allotted 2 bed room flat and told it was an upgrade. I dont find anything fascinating especially when staying alone 2 bed room flat is not superior than 1 bed room one. In star hotels we get upgrades with bigger rooms and more comforts, which is really an upgrade. I was sharing my room with insects and I was told the same thing by my European supplier who was also staying there. They have bath tubs with out plug to store water in the tub and I searched in both rooms and hence there is no provision to bath in tub. I don't find any issue with reception and service, may I knew most of them. This is the high time for the management to make arrangements for the insects/cockroaches and maintain the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank selvan_koilpillai
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting, the service and managers are rude. We had to move rooms 3 times, my wife was bitten all over and I couldn't sleep properly. The is no view at all, the bathroom was horrible and the room was 30 years old with a dirty stained rugg that's never been vacuumed.
The location off Bank Street is incorrectly advertised with a wrong picture!!!
2 English tv channels, what a joke!!!
Better value at Ibis or holiday in, don't waste your money.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank OpsOps
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the apartment earlier this month, with my parents & kids. The 2 bedroom apt unit is large enough for all of us without feeling it is overcrowded. The kitchen is fully equipped with basic cooking utensils & has a washing machine as well as a fridge. There are plenty of closet space & the rooms are spacious.

Rose Garden is located right behind the Burjuman Mall with a small groceries store nearby. There's plenty of taxi in the area & the metro station around the area. The free internet service is definitely a plus as most of the places in Dubai charge for it.

However, what impressed me the most is the level of service provided. The bell boy was very helpful when we arrived at 10 pm & the housekeeping department fulfilled all our request no matter what time it was. The front office personnel provided top-notched service as well.

Although the price of the apartment is comparable with the other apartments in the area, the service provided by them is what separates it from the rest. We definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family