“Great location, very nice staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manzil Downtown Dubai

Manzil Downtown Dubai
Ranked #26 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great location, very nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights but din't get to use to many of the hotel facilities as I was there on business.
The room is extremely nice and the staff were very helpful when I required anything including arranging a taxi to Abu Dhabi for a meeting I had.

The location is also superb (very close to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai mall.
Hopefully next time I will have more time to enjoy the hotel facilities as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Dominik V,

warm greetings from Al Manzil Hotel. Thank you very much for the great review on Tripadvsior. I am glad that you liked our rooms. I do hope you will have more time during your next visit to try some of our award winning Restaurants as well.
Stefan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Al Manzil as a small indulgence as a stop over following a week in Mauritius. I have to confess we did little research prior to travel as Mauritius was our focus but I have to say we were wonderfully surprised. The hotel is perfectly located, situated close to Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa and the amazing fountains. The beach resorts and The Palm are a taxi ride away but fares are very reasonable. Old Dubai is easily reached via the Metro which can be access by a covered walkway from Dubai Mall. The Hotel itself is beautifully appointed and the staff simply cannot do enough for you. The reception staff and concierge were very helpful, providing tips and directions as requested. The Hotel has a lovely pool situated on the 1st floor which whilst small is perfect for catching a few rays in-between site seeing. The pool staff are on hand for whatever you need, changing towels and moving your sunbed as required. Lunch around the pool is also excellent and reasonably priced. The rooms are really quite lovely and whilst it does feel slightly odd for us Brits to have the toilet, shower and bath in the bedroom the frosted glass does work - you just need to see the beauty of the interior design and have a laugh with it ! (buy some champagne on the way through duty free and enjoy it in the oversized bath!) We found the Room Servicing to be excellent, the room was always cleaned early in the day and the turndown service in the evening provided clean towels etc, no complaints at all on this front. Breakfast is everything that you could want, I stay in a lot of hotels and the breakfast here would be very difficult to beat. We ate once in the Courtyard Restaurant, we found the food to be excellent and the service exceptional. It is worth eating in the Courtyard if only for the atmosphere which perfect, table lights and sisha pipes adding a touch of the Arabian to the night. We stayed at the back of the hotel over looking the Courtyard and Pool Area so can't comment on the noise mentioned by other reviews from the road but I would say that with our windows closed we had no noise what so ever from the Courtyard restaurant which was just below us. Overall we loved this hotel and when we return to Dubai we will have no hesitation in booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: On the basis of comments from other reviewer I would recommend asking for a room at the back of the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kath B
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Kath B,

greetings from Al Manzil Hotel. Thank you very much for your positive review on Tripadvisor. I was extremely satisfied about your nice comments about my team which in fact is our biggest asset.
We are looking forward welcoming you back in Dubai,

Karachi, Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My 3rd stay in the last one year. Will look for other options at this price.The house keeping arrangements are third rate . Left hotel at 10am and came back to room at 2.30 Pm and the room was still not made. This was despite a reminder on way out to make room. Service in courtyard is slow.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sikoo
Dear Sikoo,

warm greetings from Al Manzil Hotel! Thank you very much for the time you have taken to share your unfortunately negative experience. Please accept my apologies for the delay of getting your room refreshed in time and the fact that my team was not able to satisfy you with the compensation offered whilst you were still in house.
It would be my pleasure to assist you personally should you decide to give us another opportunity in the future
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very central to Dubai mall & Burj Khaliffa, we stayed 3 nights-the rooms are very poorly sound insulated we could hear construction noise 24/7 from across the road-lights shined up from the hotel entrance onto our 2nd floor window most of the night-noise from the hotel corridor outside our rook & traffic noise from outside is easily heard in your room. The frosted glass toilet & shower offer no privacy for those that like bathroom privacy & the nice big bath tab in the middle of the room can only be enjoyed with all the blinds firmly closed (especially on the 2nd floor where others can see in from the street). For a pricey hotel I was left unimpressed except for the location. Staff were helpful, we did dine here at all.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate K
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Kate K,
Thank you for your stay at Al Manzil Hotel. Please accept my apologies that you were not informed on possible construction noise while making your reservation. In line with our commitment to uphold the highest standards in hospitality, we are currently renovating certain areas in and around the hotel.
Please accept our apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.

In this spirit, we sincerely hope that you can give us another opportunity to demonstrate an extraordinary branded experience at Al Manzil on near future.
Warm regards
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I spent four nights at Al-Manzil in December 2013. The room, the staff, the service were all outstanding. The location of the hotel, close to Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall and the downtown is unbeatable. The breakfast buffet offered a wide array of dishes, juices, cakes, and fruit and a personal coffee-tee service to make you want to spend the whole morning enjoying. Well worth the money. I would return to Al-Manzil at the next opportunity and would certainly recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of Burj Khalifa do offer a clear view of the tower.
1 Thank Tony12345
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Tony12345,

Thank you for the great review, we were delighted to hear that all the staff took great care of you and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back on your next visit to Dubai.

Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in October. I loved everything about my stay. From check in to check out, the staff was attentive and concerned about my satisfaction. My room was perfect for a business stay by myself. I will come back everytime I am in Dubai. It was great being within walking distance of the mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear oc64Edmonton,

Thank you for the great review, we were delighted to hear that Al Manzil is now your hotel of choice and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I recently spent six nights in the Al Manzil hotel for a relaxing break. From pick up at the airport, check- in to check- out, everything was perfect. I had requested a non-smoking Burj View room and was very pleased with the room I was allocated on the 7th floor with a beautiful view of the Burj Khalifa. All the staff were very helpful and friendly, enquiring if everything was ok for me and the housekeeping staff asking if there was anything else I needed in my room. In particular, I have to mention everyone at concierge and especially Mr Asif who was exceptionally helpful with any queries I had in relation to the best means of transport to the locations I wished to visit and his help and advice made everything run smoothly and I managed to get to see everything on my itinerary – thank you Mr Asif, and everyone else who helped. I would certainly recommend the Al Manzil to any friends visiting Dubai based on the hotel facilities, location and staff, and I would love to return there on my next visit to Dubai.

Room Tip: Burj view rooms if you want a lovely view, especially at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear jenny-05,

Thank you for the wonderful review we were delighted to hear that you found your stay perfect in every way as well as the recommendations to your friends, what a fantastic compliment.

We also appreciated the comments regarding Asif, he does a wonderful job and we have shared your comments with him.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.