“Comfort and location”

Ranked #26 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Comfort and location”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed a week on business. Comfortable and stylish room. WiFi that worked well. Good food. A bonus is the proximity of the hotel to the Dubai Mall and a range of restaurants and cafes all in walking distance. The area is safe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Gareth H,

Thank you for the review we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Daniel Kingston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a 2 day business trip. My room was very comfortable with lovely views over the Dubai skyline. As I was at an event on my second night I only had one evening meal at the hotel and I chose to have that at the bar on the terrace near the pool. The steak I had was very good and reasonably priced. Breakfast was excellent with freshly cooked eggs (fried, omelette, scrambled etc) available with a smile. The hotel is very well located near to the Dubai Mall. The hotel runs a free shuttle to there and other locations around the city, but for the Mall it would be as quick to walk. I used the hotels airport transfer service which was excellent, including the 'meet and greet' option with which I was met by a lady with a golf cart who whisked me from the gate to the lifts, onto the airport train, to the front of the immigration queue, onto baggage pick up and then out to meet the hotels driver. The driver welcomed me into the car with a nice cold bottle of water. Great service and a nice way to arrive in an unfamiliar city. Would equally recommend the local taxis which are good value, metered and registered - just be aware they seem to be 'cash only'. Other hotel facilities worthy of note are a nice pool and gym. Not as big and flashy as some other hotels in Dubai but all the better for that.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan J
Dear Alan J,

Thank you for the fantastic review, we were delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Geneva
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the Al-Manzil and really liked the hotel. We were upgraded to a Burj view room upon arrival and really liked the design of the room. For a four star hotel, the amenities are very high quality. Excellent spread at breakfast although the service was very slow. This hotel is in an ideal location for the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GenevaBeach_fans,

Thank you for the great review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

globetrotter
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Al Manzil is a sleek, clean, comfortable hotel located a few minutes walk from the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. The rooms are small but comfortable, the bathroom is in the centre of the room, so not so great for friends, but fine for couples or singles. The staff were lovely, the food excellent, and the beds extremely comfortable. The location is perfect if you plan some serious shopping, and you can even take the shuttle bus back to the hotel with all your bags! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Pool view was good, with nice views of the pool and quite quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear magicpixiejo,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as the fantastic shopping nearby.

We look forward to welcoming you back again, don't worry we will make sure there is room in the bus for all your bags!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you want a personalised experience this is the place to stay... place is not too big so you get the personal touch that is lost when staying in large establishments... the lack of of Spa on premises is overcome by the fact in the souk connected to the courtyard has is a ladies massage place, nail bar and hairdressers (which is perfect you don't need to leave hotel), Starbucks is literally two seconds from the entrance, ideal for a morning coffee fix.
After we booked we found a better rate on booking.com when we contacted the hotel they matched the offer and gave us a better rate, thank you Almanzil.
Courtyard cafe gets very busy and you will have to wait, if you want to go in the evening ask the concierge to book you a table.
Wifi is free everywhere, and the hotel is located within walking distance from Dubai mall, Burj Khalifa and is a ten minutes drive from the DIFC.

Room Tip: book a higher room is possible 6th floor, lower floors get noisy on weekends
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susu_SA1
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Susu8316,

Thank you for the lovely review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, as well as had the opportunity to explore.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Warm regards,

Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Without a doubt this was the best hotel I've stayed at on this trip. And with a nice, relaxing atmosphere. Most of the staff spoke good English. I arrived at the hotel about 8 am, of course very early for a normal 2 pm check-in, but a room was made available in less than hour and I was also given an upgrade to a Burj view room. On departure I was also given a couple of hours for late check-out.The room was nicely furnished with all the necessary items, air con, safe, mini bar, desk, coffee / tea making facilities, WiFi etc.
The Burj view rooms face the main road but the only noise I experienced was some drilling from a new building project nearby. Many people have commented on the bath in middle of the room, but there was a separate shower as well.
The hotel is very close to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall, perhaps a 10 minute walk, there is a pedestrian crossing right in front of the hotel, but at the time that I was there it was quite hot, 38-39 degrees C. and it does get hotter than that in Dubai. That may be too much for older people. However the hotel also has a regular free shuttle bus service that takes in Dubai Mall, The Mall of the Emirates and the beach. Taxis are plentiful and cheap. It is however a good idea to have a printed card or something similar that has the name and full address of the place you are going to because most taxi drivers don't speak English and I believe that quite a few of them come from outside the Emirates and don't know the way very well.There is a small souk right at the back of the hotel that can be accessed through the courtyard. It has a small supermarket that sells all the usual things.I can't speak highly enough of the staff, from the manager to the people at the reception, porters, front door, business centre, housekeeping, restaurants, I didn't use the pool but it looked very inviting. Great breakfast with lots of choices. I enjoyed my stay at the Al Manzil very much and I highly recommend this hotel, I feel that it offers something different from the usual run of the mill high rise hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ddoubleddutch
Dear ddoubleddutch,

Thank you for the wonderful review and the time taken to share your thoughts on the hotel, we always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests.

I was especially pleased to hear your feedback on all the staff that you encountered, they all do a fantastic job and your comments have been shared with them all.

Thank you once more, and please come and see us again soon.

Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I remembered booking for my sons on the way to Paris when Al Manzil was just opened.....6 years ago? The rates was around $100 ish (per opening price)....were they lucky to taste the luxury for 1/4 th of the price and told me it was a beautiful hotel, I knew it's going to be a great hotel before I stumbled to book it as I work at the Hyatt and Mandarin before as their Art Director.....just looking at the bathroom it's enough for me to get that feeling, I ll book it when I visit Dubai one day as long as Mr K will give a good incentive to visit.

Room Tip: Pick the suite of course...my kids were here a few years ago can't remember dates so I just clic...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear SteveIrwin,

Thanks for the review, we were delighted to hear your sons enjoyed their stay. The hotel is still just as beautiful, so please come and visit us again soon, just don't wait so many moons.