“Amazing hotel, amazing service - should be a 5*”
Review of Manzil Downtown

Manzil Downtown
Ranked #26 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel, amazing service - should be a 5*”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Al Manzil hotel for 2 days at the beginning of January and what can I say? From start to finish the hotel exceeded all expectations.

The staff and management were second to none. I became very ill at the end of my stay with food poisoning and when I had checked out I became even worse (I ended up in hospital once back in the UK - I would like to add that the poisoning was not from the hotel). My flight was not until very late that evening and although we had planned to spend the say out and about this was not possible as I was so ill. The hotel management, when they realised I was ill, did not hesitate to provide me a room at no extra cost so that I could rest before my flight. This was above and beyond the duty of the hotel.

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and in a fantastic location. Just across the road from the Dubai mall and the fountain displays with also views of the Burj Khalifa. The rooms were exquisite, in particular the bath in the room is great and very tasteful.

If I could fault the hotel on one thing it would be that the breakfast isn't as good as I've had elsewhere (we had breakfast on the morning we arrived in the Hyatt Regency) but that really did set expectations extremely high and the breakfast provided was still superb and was well above 4* expectations.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for a romantic break. I will definitely would go back and stay at the Al Manzil again - something that I rarely would do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Miss2xw

I appreciate the time taken to send us your feedback.
I am sorry to hear about your hospital experience, food poisoning is possibly one of the worst illnesses to travel with.
The comfort of our guests is of paramount importance to my team and I, and I am glad that we were able to do something to make your time here a little better despite the food poisoning issue.

I have noted your feedback with regard to the breakfast, and this is something I will share with my food and beverage team and see how we can improve on this.
When next in Dubai, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel ( it would be an extra special stay as you pointed out that you don't stay at the same place more than once.)

Stefan Viard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hertfordshire, UK
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have just returned from my first trip to Dubai and i stayed at the Al Manzil room 117 with my partner for 3 nights. From the very first moment the doormen opened our taxi doors at the entrance we were treated like VIPs. The welcoming into the hotel was exceptional and the staff made us feel at home. We even got chocolates upon check in.

Our room was on the first floor and had a beautiful view of the Burj Dubai. The room was a good size and there was water, chocolates and tea/coffee making facilities in the room as well.

Our cleaner for our room was excellent he visited twice a day. Once in the morning to clean and replenish water, tea.coffee etc then in the early evening he would come in and close the blinds and turn down the bed and leave chocolates on our pillow.

The hotel has a wonderful swimming pool where the attendant will escort you to your sunbed and place the towel on it for you. There is also a very nice supermarket with everything you would need during your stay and isnt over priced.

We had breakfast in the boulevard cafe at the front of the hotel and the service again was excellent and the food was really nice.

The location of this hotel was perfect for us. it was literally a 5 minute walk into the Dubai mall and the Burj Dubai and the Dubai fountains.

We visited a couple of other hotels in dubai and they were 5* and certainly not upto the same standard as Al Manzil.

I definately look forward to staying at this hotel again when i return.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma2907
Dear Emma2907

I appreciate the time taken to write such a detailed review.
You are spot on with regard to being treated like a VIP - we value all our visitors and more so those that are guests with us.
Our staff play a pivotal role at our hotel and they are as you perfectly described, 'exceptional'. I will be sure to highlight your comments to them.
We want our guest experiences to be enjoyed and for them to feel spoilt, and its refreshing that you have highlighted the small finishing touches like our chocolates in your feedback.
The hotel's location makes our guests time in the city that much easier and I'm happy that you took advantage of that.
Boulevard Cafe serves up superb dishes and its fantastic that you had the opportunity to try it.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Khartoum, Sudan
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travel to Dubai quite a lot since it is my closest hub from where I live so have tried a couple of hotels there by now and this is by far my favorite!

The location is great, the best area to stay in according to me. You can easily walk around the area, and it is close to nice cafes, restaurants, Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. One of the few areas in Dubai where it is actually nice to walk around.

I love the hotel design, including the design of the rooms. They are both functional and chic. We had a view over the pool which was lovely. I personally loved the bathroom and tub in the middle of the room, however, I am not so sure about the frosted glass for the toilet, but I guess that is just a matter of taste.

We didn’t have breakfast here, we just chilled a bit by the pool and had some drinks which were great.

Only minus was that the room service was a bit slow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elina S
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.
We're glad that as a regular traveller you regard us as your favorite. As you rightly pointed out, our location is brilliant and great to walk to many attractions.
I'm so pleased about your appreciation for our design and more particularly our unique bathroom layout.
I have noted your feedback regarding the room service and I will certainly make an effort to address this.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have returned today from staying 5 days at this wonderful hotel, and just have to tell you all about it. It is situated in the 'downtown area' of Dubai, and to be honest its one of the best districts around for the choice of restaurants, sightseeing and shopping.
We arrived early morning and our room wasn't quite ready so we left our bags and wandered around the area, very clean. When our room was ready we were on the 4th floor, there are 3 lifts but you never seemed to wait long for one to be there.Very nice room, lots of space for luggage and plenty of storage.
We ate at one of the hotel restaurants on the first night-Nezassausi-excellent food and the helpings are so big, excellent value for money.
Breakfast is just one long feast, cereals, breads, fruit, meats, hot food-the chef will cook ommlettes or eggs the way you want. freshly squeezed fruit juices, homemade jams, yoghurts....the list goes on.
The area is very safe and the hotel is just so central,exit the main door turn left cross the road and cut through 'The Palace' grounds and you are at the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa.
The pool area is cleaned constantly throughout the day and the bar there is reasonably priced for Dubai. The staff are so friendly and will do anything for you, they even turn down the beds every night and leave the light on so its not dark when you get back,and the chocolate is a bonus!!!
There is so much more we could write but we will keep it short and just say that when you go to Dubai STAY HERE, we will most definately if we visit Dubai again and we are going to reccommend it to anyone we know.

Room Tip: A view of the Burj would be a bonus but it makes no difference really.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Woody16
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Woody16
Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review. I am very glad that you enjoyed the food offering at Nezesaussi as well as the breakfast.
It is our pleasure to add those finishing touches to our guest's experience, and grateful that you appreciated them too.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Sydney
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for a whirlwind tour of Dubai. Arrived at 2am after an unpleasant flight and were greeted with a smile and a refreshing juice - such a change from some of the other hotels we stayed at. Our tour pickup didn't turn up the next morning and the staff were so helpful in sorting out the problem for us. Chocolates on the pillows, wifi in the rooms and complimentary water added to its appeal.

This hotel is in walking distance to Dubai Mall, the fountains and the Burj Khalifa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharyn-SDR
Dear Sharynricho

The staff add a unique dimension to our offering and are the most valuable aspect of our hotel. I am glad that you found refreshing comfort in our hotel, and look forward to have you staying with us again.

Cape Town
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great place to stay in Dubai
If you intend to shop this hotel is on the doorstep of The Mall of Dubai
Wonderful staff who are always helpful and very willing
Swimming pool is small but adequate but with no view

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors over looking Burj Khalifa Rooms higher up have less traffic nois...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CapeTownBeth
Dear CapeTownBeth

I appreciate you writing a review. I do hope you managed to benefit from the shopping on the hotels doorstep, and found many great buys!
Please do visit us when next in Dubai.

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you're more of a culture wanderer and want to experience an elegant and authentic Arabic atmosphere when you're in Dubai, Al Manzil is a great choice.
The rooms are authentically designed with a bath tub in the middle of the room, the food is great and the open cafe in the middle of the hotel is great for an Arabian-night experience.
The hotel is very close to Burj Al Arab and the Dubai Mall so there is much to do when you stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Hayaz33
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Hayaz33

Th hotel was carefully designed and decorated to offer the authentic Arabic experience, and I am thrilled that you have enjoyed that.
I do hope we will be welcoming you back on your next business or leisure trip to Dubai.