“Fantastic location, beyond amazing service, did not want to leave!”
Review of Vida Downtown

Vida Downtown
Ranked #55 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I had originally booked to stay at Al Mazil but was moved here due to renovations. At first I was annoyed but now having stayed here I'm so happy!

Overall the experience was fantastic, the room was great, comfortable bed, quiet & plenty of space. The location is perfect (walking distance to Dubai mall) pool beautiful & food great (being Ramadan I ate at the hotel a lot).

But the best thing about this hotel has to be the service. From the moment I walked in, tired from a long flight, I was welcomed. The staff were always very friendly, accommodating and constantly offering to help with anything the could. Every employee you pass in the hall or see in the elevator greets you with a smile & has a chat (I met some amazing people!). As a solo female traveller they were able to give excellent advice on where to go, what to do and so on which was fantastic.

There were all the little touches you'd expect such as complimentary bottled water, tea & coffee, chocolates, kettle, iron, hair dryer & bar fridge. Others have complained about the bath being in the living area but it is partitioned off by a patterned glass wall & I actually prefer this design.

I couldn't recommend this hotel more & have already told my family to stay here from now on!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nicole A
Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hi Nicole A,

Wow, what a great review, thanks for much for taking the time to share your experience with us, I'm sorry that we changed hotels on you, however were thrilled to hear that all the team took great care of you and have shared your comments with them.

Please let us know when you are thinking of returning as we look forward to seeing you back again.

Daniel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,185)

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Vida Downtown is a four star hotel, but it comes nothing short of a service of a 5 star. The staff cannot be more kind, friendly and warm and always helpful. It's a very cosy hotel, mainly for business I think, but I was on holiday with my boyfriend and really liked it. They have a swimming pool with cabanas all over which are super comfy and where you can have something to eat. The dining options are excellent, starting from breakfast which is by far the best and healthy (apart from pancakes and waffles which are top!) we had dinner at 3 in 1 and the food quality is outstanding; the waiter suggested some very good dishes and the atmosphere is so nice. Downtown is less than a 5 minute walk and couldn't be easier getting there. It's an ideal hotel for a stopover I shall say. I would stay again.
Don't expect super views of downtown but who cares when you can go and see it yourself.

A plus: the social media team is attemptive and answers through its channel so quickly. Great effort!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Valentina C
Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi Valentina C,

Thanks for the great note, we were thrilled to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent stay with us, it sounds like you managed to experience most of the hotel.

We were also very happy to hear that the team took great care of you and have passed your comments on to them (and hash tagged the social media team!)

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stage 2 Lounge Lobby Bar ,service excellent,friendly..Thanks to wonderful service of Kristina&Kimo.. Also the restaurant ,food service,hight class !! The hotel itself, is very comfortable, you feel at home..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Moritz G
Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Hi Moritz G,

Thanks for the great comments, we were delighted to hear how much the team take care of you and will certainly pass on your remarks.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and reserved 2 bedrooms.
One of the rooms were delivered on time while the other was delayed by 20 min.
I recommend this hotel for couples who are not sharing a room with their kids. Because our 16 months boy was sharing the room with us and it was a nightmare, as the toilet door opens both ways and he was walking in and out. The bath tub and the sink are outside so he had the access to everything around the room. The floors get wet when you leave the shower, hence it gets wet and dangerous to our baby.
The hotel was recently redecorated, however the toilets remained the same! The sink nobs are lose, the shower heads are leaking! Call the plumbers...
The service was top notch and very fats, whenever we asked for anything it was just a matter of minutes and delivered.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ibrahim I

Hi Ibrahim I,

Thank you for the great review, we were thrilled to hear that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us.

My apologies for the challenges you faced with the water from the shower, I have already shared your comments with our Engineering team so that they can rectify the issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai and would like to ensure you that you will not need to "Call the Plumber" on your next stay.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stage Two Lobby Lounge Bar of Vida Hotel Downtown Dubai is a perfect environment to enjoy a variety of fine beverages (at THE most reasonable prices particularly through the "happy hours") as well as an assorted array of delicious bar food treats (which are soo tasty! Absolutely Top Class)
Relaxed sophisticated ambience complimented with warm genuine service.
My husband and I live nearby so Stage Two for us is a perfect place for us to relax, wind down & enjoy the surrounds.
We are always greeted, treated and served with such genuine, polite and happy staff. You will always find Kristina, Kimo and Alexs to be so helpful and professional in their manner toward assisting you in making sure all your needs are fulfilled!

Diana & Dean

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hi Diana and Dean,

Thanks for the lovely comments, we were thrilled to hear how much the team take care of you, especially Kristina, Kimo and Alexis, they all do a fantastic job and we will be sure to recognize their efforts.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Had a few drinks with friends in the hotel lounge. We were served by Kristina, who was easily the best server I have had the pleasure of meeting in Dubai. Great service does make a difference :) Ask for Kristina next time you're there.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Hi Mustafa T,

Thanks for lovely comments, we were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit to the hotel, especially thanks to Kristina's wonderful service, she does a fantastic job and we will certainly be passing your comments on.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Great Low price for perfect location, room are clean, beautiful and nice. They have full services and ameneties . I like the hotel and its location in the down town near the down town.. I love it and will stay on it again if I visit Dubai soon .

• Stayed: February 2014

Hi reemooooo,

Thanks for the review, we were delighted to hear you like the hotel and the fantastic location and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.