“stay at vida”

Ranked #56 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“stay at vida”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great boutique hotel! Excellent hospitality and service. Beautiful interior design. Best possible location. Special commendation for Mr. Ivan, one of the hotel's guest services staff at reception. If you ever need anything he will sort you out.

Arguably the best place to stay in Dubai.

Room Tip: Suites are very spacious
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dadkarim M
Hi km082014,

Thanks for the review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel from service and the design aspect. We were especially thrilled to hear that Ivan created a memorable experience for you and have shared your comments with him.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Daniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at Vida for a quick business trip and was blown away by the extremely friendly service. In a city like Dubai it's hard to stand out based on design and aesthetics of the hotel, so really service is what made it stand out for me (AND the very amazing smelling hotel lobby - wow, it smelled beautiful!).

The staff was very friendly and quick to response and accommodate my needs. The area is great, just a quick 10 minute walk to the Dubai Mall and the spectacular Burj Khalifa Fountain show. I would recommend this place to everyone (although I think it's better suited for business folks, or those looking for a swanky cool place to stay - not sure about families with young kids).

Thanks Vida - it was a great experience!

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, avoid rooms that face the outdoor lounge/pool. I personally enjoyed pee...
Hi TameemR,

Thanks for the wonderful review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your quick business trip and that all the team took great care of you.

We were pleased that you liked our Vida Scent, it's called Leather Incense and it certainly makes the lobby smell very pleasant.

Please let us know when you will be visiting us again.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is my second visit to VIDA. Loved the experience and was glad with the service over there. Food is amazing, very quiet atmosphere and lovely rooms! The bed is simply amazing, its like sleeping on water!

Room Tip: Take the King size bed.
Hi Lubyy,

Thanks for the great review, we were delighted to have you back with us and were so pleased the team took great care of you once again.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd, 4th, 5th and many more stays.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the Vida Downtown between the 10 - 14 March. Service was excellent as was the location of the hotel as it was only a 5 -10 minute walk to the Dubai Mall which was good if you needed to come back to the hotel to freshen up after a day of sight seeing and then head back out again for the evening.

They looked after us extremely well especially as we had our 2 year old son with us. Nothing was too much trouble and they even left a gift of a cuddly Burj Khalifa for him which he liked very much.

The room was a good size with everything you would need and it was quiet, clean, and the bed was large and very comfortable.

We will definitely stay at the Vida again on our next trip to Dubai.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi Mr RTM80,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that all the team took great care of you.

We are looking forward to seeing you all once again on your next visit to Dubai.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I travelled from the USA and stayed at Vida Downtown Dubai. It was my first experience. After approx 16hrs on plane, I went to the Hotel and received a nice room. I was tired and needed supper prior to sleep. I was approached by Don Perera who assisted me to my table after informing him that I am a guest. He gave me a nice table, and treated me with respect. Then I was later approached by Riad Haidar who continuously check on me and my supper. I thought this kind of service is only in the US, but with those two gentleman their hospitality is beyond satisfaction. I want anyone having supper to ask for these two gentleman and they will spoil you.

Room Tip: View of the boulevard
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hi Adel K,

Thanks for the wonderful review, I can only imagine how you felt after 16 hours on a plane, so was delighted that the team took such great care of you. Riad and Don do a fantastic job, so they will certainly appreciate the kind words.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai (just get ready for the flight!).

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very good service from the concierge!
Location and venue is amazing. Easy access to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Plenty of nice restaurant around. The pool area is exceptional.
I'm traveling around the world and to great hotels, it is definitely one of my favorite.

Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hi Yohan S,

Thanks for the wonderful comments, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the team, especially the concierge, took great care of you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

What a unique concept. We opted for a cabana that had fake grass on it. We then grabbed a picnic basket and had an array of foods to choose from. Start at 1 and finish at 5 and take it easy. There are cheeses, quiches, salads in little jars, pizza, toasties, wraps and delicious desserts to choose from.

The price is reasonable for what it is but be careful, a cabana costs 100dm per person which we didn't know till later. However they were kind enough to let us pay for just one person.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Animal83
Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Hi Animal83,

Thanks for the great review, we were delighted to hear you enjoyed the concept, we think it's a great way to spend a lazy Friday afternoon.

Sorry about the confusion with the price for the Cabana, however I was pleased to hear the team sorted it out for you.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,