2,469 results
All reviewsdubai mallburj khalifawalking distanceperfect locationpool areaexcellent hotelbusiness tripspecial thanksserretokoboulevardshishaprivacybrunchconciergepoolsidebathtub
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a hotel trying to be something it is not.

What they call a Deluxe Room is nothing more than a spiffed up room that at its essence is a Motel room akin to what you will find along a US interstate.

The room was small, with insufficient closet space and a bathroom directly in the sleeping space. Or a bedroom directly in the bathroom space. You choose your own poison at the Vida.

For the same money of Vida (less, even!) you can get a truly spacious and luxurious room at a neighbouring hotel in Business Bay.

I was compelled to stay the one night at any rate. My morning shower yielded a flood at the front door of the room. I didn't get upset, however, because I spent the previous hour on the phone booking a different hotel for the remainder of my 3 week stay.

Breakfast at the Vida offered further evidence that the hotel's management is obsessed with pretence and not substance. I arrived for breakfast at 8:00am to find a very meager buffet, albeit very chicly displayed.

Nothing hot was offered for breakfast.

The Maître D' of the restaurant spent more time checking his reflection in the windows (constantly adjusting his too tight pullover) than checking on restaurant flow and service.

I also made the mistake of venturing to the underground car park, which was dark, dank, dishevelled and host to at least the one rather well-fed rat I saw.

Vida : save yourself the horror and spend less money at a vastly superior hotel within a 2-minute drive.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank phyzul
Daniel K, Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear phyzul,

Thank you for your review, I would like to sincerely apologise for your recent stay, it is certainly not the level of service that we pride ourselves on. Vida Downtown places very high standards on offering a personalised experience for all our guests, which is highlighted by the many comments we have received about the friendliness of our staff, so it was very disappointing that we did not deliver this to you during your stay.

I am sorry that you did not like the room, we have recently refurbished the hotel and are very proud of the finished product, however it can be difficult to satisfy all tastes. The issue with the water leaking is a concern and has been passed on to the engineering team to rectify.

In regards to your breakfast experience, the hotel does not offer hot food items on our buffet, however prefers to cook to order to ensure fresh, hot items been served to our guests. This should have been explained to you during your breakfast, for which I must apologise, however please rest assured that your comments have been passed on to the team to ensure we explain the breakfast concept to our guests more fully.

I would certainly welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail and can be contacted directly at dkingston@vida-hotels.com.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to speaking with you.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel appears to try very hard to be stylish but seems to have forgotten the basics. First and foremost is that guests should be able to get a good nights sleep. Whoever in management thought that it was acceptable to run a bar / nightclub in the central courtyard should not be in the job. The level of noise in rooms overlooking the pool area is simply unacceptable. To be fair the reception staff try their best and I was promptly moved to a garden facing room when I requested this at midnight but this really should not be necessary. Also note if you are coming to stay here that the rooms have the strangest layout I have ever seen, the toilet and shower are in cupboards either side of the door, the sink and bath are effectively in the room. As water leaked from the shower when used this left a small river between the door and the rest of the room, very poorly thought out.

On the plus side, staff, as I have said, do try very hard. Concierge was particularly friendly and efficient, also a good location for Downtown Dubai / Dubai Mall.

In summary, if you stay here and want to sleep make sure you request a garden facing room. However, with so many good hotels in Dubai I will not be returning.

6  Thank Jonathan M
Stefan V, General Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear englishabdullah,

greetings from Vida Downtown Dubai! Thank you very much for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am concerned to read your comments about the loud music around our pool since we do carefully monitor the noise level in the evenings. Our cozy lounge is very popular in the evenings due to the beautiful surrounding and the ambient music. A good night sleep is very important to us, hence we have furnished our rooms with the best mattresses and duvets to guarantee the same. I was pleased to read your positive comments about the team.
Please feel free to contact me directly in the future since it would be our pleasure to convince you that Vida becomes your favorite Hotel in Dubai.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I chose to spend 3 days at this hotel to have the option to relax and study before a CFA exam. I was not disappointed. The overall atmosphere of the hotel was comfortable and elegant. faint smell of sheisha throughout. Decor was was modern, relaxed and warm. Comfort in detail. The bed was 5 stars. I had a room facing the pool which meant I faced the bar and DJ (on the 4th floor) but music was mellow and not distracting. The windows seemed sound proof so nothing got in the way of studying besides wanting to get out there and enjoy the atmosphere. Bathrobes and slippers all there. the bathroom set up with a separate bathtub and stone floor shower was refreshing but bring your own soaps (lemon grass is blah)

7 minute walk from dubai mall (can take a shortcut through the palace if the sun is too much for you) through the boulevard with plenty of cafes to choose from and makes an alright route for a sunrise jog to explore the area on foot.

STAFF Aside from receiving a weak excuse as to why a late check out was not possible (I really needed to catch some sleep after that exam), the staff have been very welcoming and available.

The only annoying bit was the animated guide to how to navigate the TV.

I would definitely book this hotel again when traveling alone or with a friend for a short stay ;)

Dear Madink,

greetings from Vida Downtown Dubai! Thank you very much for the time taken to share your positive experience with us on Tripadvisor.
We look forward welcoming you back soon and hopefully we will be able to extend you a late check this time.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My experience at Vida Hotel

I stayed at Vida Hotel 2 weeks ago and it was an unforgettable experience. I remember I came from Abu Dhabi at the midnight without any reservation booked and I asked for a room but they told me the hotel is fully booked. Because I was tired they offered to help me to find a room to another hotel nearby. I was impressed by the design of the hotel and by the staff so on the second day instead to extend at that hotel I made reservation at Vida and I came back there. They allocate for me a nice room with a very big balcony on the 3th floor.
The hotel is located in downtown dubai at 10 mins walking distance from dubai mall and burj khalifa. Very good location.
The only thing that I dislike there was the open bathroom in the room and the tv is too complicated..to use.
The staff and the service was excellent, especially the front office.
The people that I want to thank you for all the help are Robert and Adnana, they helped in that night to find a room to sleep and took care for the next reservation and alla at the restaurant, very friendly and nice.
I will definitely come back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Stefan V, General Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Adelzaid,

thank you very much for your great review on Tripadvsior. I am glad that you liked the hotel design and even more important my team members. Please be informed that we have added a little movie to guide you through our interactive Tv System. I hope you will find this as a little help and fun.
We are looking forward welcoming you back soon in Vida Downtown,
Warm regards

Reviewed December 10, 2013

All ok hotel is good placement good but staff not getting a good rating. Try hard but not organised and seemed not to be paying attention.
Arrived late and there was lots of confusion around check in.
Otherwise great hotel. Staff just need more attention. Room was good clean and bright, shower good, tv system pretty good too.
Liked free Wifi. Restaurant above normal standards.

2  Thank Mark W

Dear Mark W,

thank you very much for the time taken to post your review on Tripadvsior. I am pleased to read that you liked our hotel though i am concerned about your comment about my team. Rest assured that your comment has been shared with the team and refresher trainings have been provided.