“Great Hotel, Great Location”
Review of Vida Downtown

Vida Downtown
Ranked #28 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
San Francisco
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Loved this hotel so much we extended our stay from 3 nights to 5. The staff were really great and helpful, the buffet breakfast and dinner are amazing, and the pool very nice and well-kept. The rooms were fairly big and nice as well.

The hotel is very conveniently located in the middle of the City and across from the Dubai Mall--just a 5-10 minute walk, Burj Khalifa (the tall tower of Mission Impossible fame) and very close to the Dubai fountains that are choreographed with music for shows every 30 minutes. Dubai Mall is huge--third largest in the world they say now--with lots of options for shopping and eating, plus a really cool huge waterfall inside as well as an amazing aquarium. If you're looking for a cocktail, check the great bar at The Address looking out on the fountains, the Karma Cafe (from creators of Buddha Bar), or if you're really brave--talk your way to Atmosphere on the 123rd floor of Burj Khalifa. Word of warning though: dress code for men is closed toed shoes (no exceptions) and often long-sleeved shirts.

2 Thank b-squared555

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

we stayed in this hotel for the first week of September. the hotel is fantastic. it is a lovely 10-15 minute stroll from the burj khalifa and the dubai mall. And as a bonus the walk is around the stunning lake where the fountain show is on in the evening.

the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to the dubai mall and the mall of the emirates (both amazing!). we used the metro from the dubai mall and from there we travelled around the city very easily. the metro took us to the marina, the creek and out to emirates towers. the metro is very reasonably priced and is the cleanest metro i have seen in my travels!

the hotel is a great base to explore the vast city. we got the shuttle bus from etihad from Abu Dhabi to Chelsea Towers and the hotel was a quick taxi ride to the hotel. the concierge in the hotel was very helpful and provided us with maps and info on the best places to see the city. he was extremely helpful and friendly.

i would definitely recommend this hotel as a base to explore Dubai as it is in such a fantastic location. the rooms are spacious and very clean with lovley amenities. loved having the robes in our room too!

3 Thank MrsTM84
County Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were so luck to find this great hotel, through the advice of Tripadvisors and our local travel agent.
Located in the old part of town, only a 15mins gentle stroll from the Dubai Mall, It is the ideal place to explore Dubai from.
Our Room on the sixth floor, was large with plenty of wardrobe space, a large writing desk, tea and coffee facilities, and a must see “bath in the room”, totally unique.
Breakfast is buffet style with plenty of choice; especially nice is the attending chef all ready to prepare your eggs of choice. Take a table near the window and gaze upon the Garden pool, in which we cooled ourselves many times.
The real prize asset of this hotel is in the staff, who from a refreshing drink on arrival, to our early taxi call, were a real tribute to the Qumardeen.
This Hotel will definitely not disappoint.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better just for views.
2 Thank TWRyan.
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was my first time to Dubai, and I was travelling on my own as a single female. I was extremely happy with this hotel. The welcome was lovely. The porters were very polite and took my bags to my room, and I was welcomed to reception with dates and fresh juice by gracious reception staff.
The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean with a lovely view to the Burj Khalifa.
Whilst I didn't use the pool (despite the summer heat) the pool area was very relaxing surrounded by beautiful gardens and a great place to sit back in the morning and read the complimentary paper delivered to your room every morning.

The breakfast was fantastic with a great selection of both western and traditional Arabic foods.
The room service menu also had a great selection as well and the food was delicious.

Concierge was very helpful providing suggestions on the best way to get to where I needed to go.

Dubai mall and Burj Khalifa were only a 10 minute walk away (well, depending how fast you can walk in the heat).

My only bad experience (and I would hardly call it that) was in the afternoon of my first day. Due to quite a turbulent plane ride into Dubai I wasn't feeling so great, so had a nap. When I woke up I was still feeling a bit sick so ordered some room service of fresh fruit. It took over half hour, and three calls to check on it, for a small plate of fresh fruit to be delivered to my room. However the young man who delivered it was so lovely I couldn't be mad with him.

I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen D
Chengdu, China
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at the Qamardeen not more than 3 weeks ago and my wife and I loved every inch of it! We stayed at Al Manzil hotel twice before and we thought to give the Qamardeen a try. I'm glad we did since I found it has better value - slightly better price with same feels of luxury. The room and the bed were very comfortable with decent space and wonderful room amenities. Staffs were extremely helpful. They brought us chocolates like twice a day with smiles. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices. My wife is still craving for the muesli and juices until now. The hotel location can't be better with quiet area and walking distance to Dubai Mall. I find it's strategically located in the center as well to browse Marina/Jumeirah and Deira sides.

Basement parking area is ample and has easy access to the lobby and room levels. My room view was not good. There was a building construction with plenty of portacabins and our room was just in front of it so I couldn't open the curtains with so many construction pips who would easily stare at us. We were out most of the time though so it wasn't a real deal breaker.

Overall, I would come back and highly recommend this hotel for all purposes.

Room Tip: Check if the construction on the opposite side is still going on. If it is, try to avoid rooms which...
1 Thank hb05082014h
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

A lovely hotel, very friendly staff, clean and lovely rooms and in a great location, enjoyed every minute. Would recommend. Located near Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Room service is good as is service around the pool, the pool guys are excellent and cannot do enough. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Stefan V, General Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear 64kay,

thank you very much for sharing with us your great experience during your stay in Qamardeen. I will be sharing your positive comments with my team around the pool and in Room Service.

We are looking forward welcoming you back soon in the future

Best regards
Stefan Viard
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived at Dubai at 5am and were greeted at the airport by a pre-arranged hotel transfer. Although we arrived prior to checkin time, we were immediately allocated a room.
The hotel is modern, spacious with good amenities and a great base of a 2 night stopover. It is a mere 10min walk (if you can manage the heat!) to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall. Really awesome location for site seeing. Highly recommended.

Dear JFFB1981,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on our property and services. During the hot Summer months we urge our guests to utilize the complimentary shuttle service to various locations in Dubai, including The Dubai Mall, for which a schedule can be found at our Concierge desk. We highly appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards