All reviews gold souk nasser square baniyas metro station excellent location within walking distance small pool room key decent hotel the hotel is clean breakfast buffet standard room restaurant staff reception rakesh taxi cleaners
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were here for two days. The staff were helpful and very pleasant.
The travel desk organised a car and driver for us at very reasonable rates and we were impressed with his professionalism and helpfulness. Our room was large and very clean.
Breakfast was excellent and included in room rate. The chef was more than happy to cook egg dishes if required. Very good variety of breakfast foods.
My husband discovered he had left his leather jacket in the lobby when we arrived at the airport.
He telephoned the hotel, he was advised they had found it and had put it in storage.
They were waiting with it out front when he returned. Very pleasant stay and helpful staff.

2  Thank JM1609
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed in Landmark (Baniyas) for a day in my business recent visit to Dubai.... the hotel is in the prime location near Deira... the rates are reasonable for a 3*... rooms are clean... i was staying in 402 and my AC was working good... beds were comfortable... washroom was small but okay... wi-fi isnt complimentary and they charge 10 Dir/hour....

but the staff at the front-desk are not helpful at all... I was stuck at reception for more than 15 mins for a few clarifications on the rates! then they asked me to come down to the lobby if i wanted wifi password! and when I asked where is the breakfast, they looked at me as if I am an alien!!! i wonder why they are so rude... i did not find a single staff co-operative...

so done expect good service from staff... otherwise not bad...

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank KohinoorBanerjee
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We booked here as it was a good price and within walking distance to restaurants. We were upgraded on arrival to executive which was nice, breakfast included. Bathroom small compared to size of rooms, our room was overlooking the busy street/park, we had to turn air conditioning up to blank out the external noise. Football at midnight!!! Breakfast was good, lads on offer. This hotel is dry, like a lot of local restaurants. Nice stay for one night.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the reception main entrance side!!!
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We visited Dubai for leisure in Mar 2012. It is very interesing country - modern but with ancient flavor, open space and highscrapers, Arabs in their traditional clothes, full of self respectness, friendly, paradise for shopping, beaches, sand, .... All speaks English (as there are a lot of nationalities - Arabs are only ~12% of Dubai). I was amazaed by Burj Khalifa "at the top" viewpoint - please plan visit it for sure!

Anyway - what about hotel. :) It is nice. :) 3 stars, not so expencive, but provides good service. Sure it cannot be compared to luxury Burj Arab or Armani - but it provides service comparable to some other countries 5 stars hotel. Clean, pretty good breakfast and launch - you will not be hungry! Very convinient placed - metro (subway) is in 2 min, Gold Fork restaurant (with alcohol served on 2-nd floor), small shops with everithing (electronics are really cheap) in 2 min, river bank with old boats that deliver you to another bank for 1 Dirham in 5 min, (on the other side of river there is Dubai museum - very close. Gold soak is also very close.
Buses go to beach ~8.30 - many buses, not 1. They return back ~12.30. Beach is 5 dirhams, sunbed - 15 Dirhams, Umbrella - 8 Dirhams a day. 1 $ is 3.66 Dirhams.
There is a mosque close to the hotel, so around 5AM they are praying... It doesn't bother us though - we were tired (in good sence) and slip well.
Pool on the roof is really small - but ther is a pool :) and you can swim.
Fitness, sauna - it's all exist as well.

Taxi is cheap - ~ 30-40 Dirhams for city trip.
Shopping malls are exciting - Dubai mall with big aquarium, Emirates mall with ski resort... but we were buying mostly in close small shops.

We also visited Atlantis Aqua Adventure aqua park and Atlantis qauarium - very nice! Aquarium has a lo - a lot of fishes! And you can sit before the big windows and look on the fishes and calm...

It was our first time in Dubai, but I think I will return there - I loved that country!

Room tip: window headed to nassa square I think the best - less noice
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Evgeny G
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Central in deira district near al rigga road and metro. Pool on roof and nice breakfast. Room was upgradedfor free. Free beach shuttle service. Only missed free Wifi. Nice stay.

1  Thank Kentex