Lowest prices for your stay
$121
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
$128
Priceline
$108
Hotels.com$128
Travelocity$128
Orbitz.com$128
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2013

When I mentioned to Dubai residents that I'm staying in Bastakiya, nobody seems to know this place. As one step in, early morning, the staff are beaming with smiles ever willing to help despite it was holy Friday. The place gives us the feeling that we have been transported back in time. Our rooms has an authentic traditional feel and it was good that for once, we have no TV in the room. Wi-Fi is available in the courtyard. We have our daily breakfast in the courtyard - open air, lush foliage and the chirping sounds of birds...unbelievable.
Location wise, we either walk to the Abra station, where we paid only AED 1 to get to the gold souk (Deira), or walk along the lovely creek for 25mins to the Burjuman Metro station to get to Burj Khalifa, MOE etc. Around this place, there are many nice Indian restaurants. The 1st morning we arrived, we went to an Indian vegetarian restaurant for Paratha onion and methi with Masala tea for only AED 10 for 2 persons. This is really a hidden gem!!!

Room tip: Look at the rooms on the website and write directly to the staff requesting for that particular room.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Iwan Y, General Manager at XVA Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear SpringySwallow,

We are delighted to read your review. Our hotel is indeed a special place in between the fast development of our city. We are also proud to be a part of the Bastakiya neighborhood which is the origin of Dubai Itself. Now it is a residence of many Indian and Pakistani families. This add to the choices of good and affordable food in our area.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends to our hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 3, 2012

For the price I have no complain anymore.
Internet signal is very low in my room, I cannot access internet almostly.
Facilities are poor, but it is clear and the staffs are friendly.
The staffs are from S.E. Asia and S. Asia, they are helpful but no professional, anyway I thank them, they did well.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank OMINIOCINESE

Dear Omniocinese,

Thank you very much for your review. I regret to hear that some facilities that did not meet your expectations.

Our wireless internet has indeed created some problems for in room use. We have now installed one extra wifi, so it will reach also inside the rooms.

Our staffs are indeed friendly and helpful. Should you have any suggestions to make them professional, please let me know. We aim to constantly improve our staffs' skills.

Have a good day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2012

With the help of a friendly taxi driver, and maps provided by the XVA hotel staff, I arrived very early one Saturday morning in May 2012. I was greeted with smiles and offers of breakfast, before being shown to my room.

The room was a perfect haven for the tired traveller, arriving from Australia – cool, with a airconditioning and a fan, a large, comfortable bed with lots of pillows, drinks in the fridge and magazines to read. The bathroom exceeded my expectations as well – all the luxuries of a five-star hotel, but hidden behind large, ornate timber doors.

The rooms lead out onto a leafy courtyard, with tables and chairs, and displays of work by local artists. The cafe, which is part of the hotel, has an entirely vegetarian menu, with a delicious array of food. For dinner I had the eggplant burger, which was a very satisfying meal, while still being light – perfect for the 40 degree heat. I had been strongly encouraged by others to try the mint lemonade, and it didn’t disappoint...I will be looking for a recipe so that I can make it for myself! The placemats are laminated pages of the guest book, with thanks and praise from around the world.

At breakfast the next morning, I had the pancake, which also came with pita bread and cream cheese. Before heading to the airport, I returned to the hotel from my sightseeing, for yet another mint lemonade!

I would highly recommend this hotel, and its staff, who were unfailingly friendly and helpful. I was sorry to not have time to see the gallery, but will definitely be returning on another trip!

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank NatashaE524
IwanYamin, General Manager at XVA Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Natasha,

I enjoyed reading your review very much and regret not to thank you earlier for this. This kind of informative review brought many travelers to our hotel.

Please pass by our hotel again as you stop over in Dubai. This will be a nice deja vu experience as nothing much has changed since you left, except the time.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

When the taxi dropped us off coming from the airport we thought this must be a mistake: At night the area around the XVA hotel is dark and very quiet, unlike the busy streets only a few hundred meters away. The hotel itself is an oasis of quietness and "down to earthness", especially considering the hundreds of 5 star hotels all catering pretty much the same way. Styled like a traditional regional house, the rooms are located around the inner courtyard which during the day serves as the XVA Café and attracts dozens of tourists.

If you are looking to spend a few nights in one of the record breaking biggest, must luxurious, most expensive 5 star hotels, you will be disappointed by XVA. If you are looking for a laid back, hostal type of accomodation in a quiet place away from the shopping malls, this is a very nice alternative.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank Felix_333

Dear Felix_333,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and location of the hotel. It has been a year ago you were with us, I can assure you that our service and products have not changed in characters. Due to high request from our guests, we are now opening our restaurant for dinner as well.

When will we welcome you back to our hotel?

Have a nice day!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We liked the location in the only heritage place in Dubai, and yet close to everything. The room with a nice bathroom was comfortable and charming. The breakfast was excellent, although I would appreciate more diversity. The service is great. What gives this hotel a good vibe is the art collection and the artists. If they would have a swimmingpool it would be perfect.

Date of stay: March 2012
4  Thank Rita V

Dear Rita,

Thank you for taking your time writing this review. You seem to enjoy the arts exposed in our gallery. The vibe continues as Dubai art scene has gotten been flourishing the past year, with many new galleries and exhibitions. This March we will take part in Sikka Art Fair (a local initiative accompanying Art Dubai), annual art celebration in our neighborhood. Some artists will place three installations all over our hotel. It will be an exciting time.

Would this be a good reason for you to revisit Dubai and our hotel?

Warm regards,