1,400 results
All reviews music room bur dubai from al fahidi metro station family suite deluxe room meena bazaar burj khalifa sports bar super market pool area min walk non smoking restaurants and bars desert safari rooms are spacious buffet breakfast jumeirah beach
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Like to many Dubai Hotels, there is lots of bling, but very little heart. In the case of the Majestic there was also ample evidence of incompetent management. They just never responded to any e-mail requests which left me almost not being able to do the work I needed to do in Dubai since they just never arranged a visa. Then, despite 3 e-mails giving my flight number, time of arrival etc. they just did not send anyone to pick me up at the airport. After an overnight flight I was left standing in the arrivals hall from 5AM until almost 7AM, three phonecalls from me and one from the helpful travel counter eventually resulted in someone coming to fetch me. On the way back I had to direct the driver to the new Terminal 3 at Dubai airport. (The driver insisted in dropping me off at the Royal Terminal, which I unfortunately don't qualify for :-) ) I guess Dubai is about as far removed from a hospitality industry where the owner acutally cares as you can get. I don't expect much in the way of care from underpaid expats, but the Majestic takes the cake. Pretty nice Greek restaurant though, if you like very pricey meals. In general another "capital investment" rather than a hotel with heart.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Jimboza
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Stayed for five nights and have to stay thought the hotel was v. good. Live music from two bands in the music bar each night. Amazing greek restaurant on another floor. Sports bars on another floor. Rooms modern with wired and wireless internet connections. Free valet parking. Would definately stop there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank _forevergreen_Uk
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Stayed with husband for a couple of nights en route to Thailand.

Lovely spacious room. We arrived really early and were upgraded to a superior room as ours wasn;t ready. HUGE round sunken bath took ages to fill though. Nice sitting area with sofas and huge warrdrobes and dressing area.

Nice enough breakfast but to be honest nothing special if I'm honest.

Location was OK although the 10 minute walk to the bus stop for the bus tour wasn't quite 10 minutes given the blistering heat. Cabs are cheap enough to over come this though. Its cheaper for petrol in Dubai than water Mr Brown!!!

Pool area was relaxing.

Tour lady was very helpful even though we booked a tour and then made her cancel it as we spotted the REAL dune buggies in a leaflet that dropped out of her folder! An amazing trip to take tha you drive the dune buggies (not quads) having been picked up in a hummer.

Dinner at the top of the Emerates tower was amazing, fantastic views. Cheapest wine on the massive wine list was £50 though!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beamsnsparkles
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I did not choose to stay at this hotel. It was chosen for me by our business partners in Dubai.

First thing to say is that this is a medium sized four star property that has no five (or six as we are in Dubai) star pretensions.

Good things about the hotel? Well it has clean rooms, the staff are friendly and it has a great Greek restaurant, Elia. It is conveniently placed for the airport and for the old part of Dubai but is some distance from the razzamataz of Jumeirah and Jebel Ali.

There is a club-like 'Music Room' adjoining the hotel but the Philippino band that were playing were so dreadful I couldn't stay to enjoy what seemed to be a decent atmosphere. Give The Rockspiders a miss!

Breakfast was great

I was disappointed by the following things:

The Health Club! This does not deserve the title Health Club. There are no resistance machines, the cardiac machines are just two rudimentary bikes and a walker; tye free weights /bench press are downright dangerous and would never pass any health and safety inspection. I have never seen a more ramshackle set.

The Shopping galleria - 'so called'. I couldn't find it. All I could find was a number of empty units and a hairdressing salon.

The lifts that take forever to arrive.

If you don't care about gyms or shops and like hanging around in lift lobbies this is a perfectly adequate and well priced option not too far from the centre of town.

g

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank Diptych
Reviewed July 16, 2008

this is a greek hotel that does not live up to the arabic hospitality and good service that you find all over Dubai its a baic highrise hotel but in a good location clean rooms and cheap ( or thats what i thought ) on my return home i found that they had charged 500AED to my account that should have read temporary block and been released within 15 days the return of my money is going to be a pain to sort out but i am glad that it was my credit card and not my debit that i used when we checked in so if you have stayed here i would take a scond look at your statement

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple