1,391 results
All reviewsmusic roombur dubaifrom al fahidi metro stationfamily suitedeluxe roommeena bazaarburj khalifasports barsuper marketpool areahigher floormin walknon smokingrestaurants and barsrooms are spaciousdesert safaribuffet breakfast
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We couldn't fault it. We arranged the airport transfer to and from the hotel and our first impression of that was really good. The staff were friendly, welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The hotel do take a 1000dhs deposit on arrival but as we didn't use minibar etc it was refunded. The room was always immaculate with linen being changed daily. Hotel lobbies etc. were gleaming. We had no problems with the lifts, we didn't wait long. We had a room on 6th floor which didn't have the best view but I wasn't there for the view from my hotel window. The pool area and terrace were lovely, ALWAYS got a sun lounger. The choice at breakfast was excellent, with any kind of omelette made as you waited. We took a taxi (very cheap) and visited Dubai Mall, with the dancing fountains, really nice thing to see. We also visited Dubai Museum, brilliant value - only 6dhs for 2 adults and an interesting place. Took the Big Red Bus Tour of Dubai to Jumeirah area, at 220 dhs each it seems pricey but it lovely to see other parts of Dubai but it took 2.5 hours!! You can of course get off at different stops and rejoin later. Went to a souk and got some bargains. The only downside to Bur Dubai is the 'traders' sometimes a bit intimidating but overall a wonderful experience and I would stay at this hotel should I ever go back to Dubai.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel was gorgeous! We had a deluxe room and it was amazing. My bath was huge, as was the bed which was so comfy too. It is well situated on the metro line which we used everyday, other than that taxis were regular and cheap. We used barrels sports bar, breathers bar, and the restaurant near the pool (iv'e forgotten its name), all were good, the food in barrels and around the pool was excellent and the cocktails were good in breathers. The lack of wifi in the rooms was frustrating but when you have a city like Dubai to explore it doesnt really matter! Also our view was rubbish which i was gutted about but then we did check in earlier than the check in time and without warning so i can't complain, but be aware there are deluxe rooms with not very good views so its best to request beforehand.
We cannot compare it to other hotels in Dubai being our first visit but compared to others around the world we have stayed in it was first class and i would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lotty1210
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The Majestic hotel in bur dubai is a 4 star hotel according to the hotel evaluators but on my recent visit find it hard justify such a high rating.
We had a standard room on the 14 floor which was small there were insufficient space to put clothing` there were no pull out draws the wardrobe top cupboard was to high I had to stand on a chair to reach it.
In one cupboard there was a can of lighter fuel obviously they had not checked the cupboard before we arrived.
Decided to make a cup of tea to find the kettle did not work.
The follow morning took a shower to find that water leaks onto the floor causing a hazard.
Then the safe stopped working had to get reception to send the caretaker up who changed the batteries.
One morning had breakfast in the hotel` the food was only just passable but the shock came when we got the bill over 140 DIrums which i find expensive considering the food was nothing special.(last time we bad breakfast there).
The lifts take an absolute age too reach your floor ` we used the stairs as it was quicker.

1  Thank hilton1
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Sadly we only spent 3 nights in this hotel, I would have loved to have stayed longer. Every member of staff greeted you very politely each time they saw you, the staff in each of the bars were polite and engaged in conversations too about where we were from and where we were heading to after Dubai.

The rooms are very spacious, clean, modern and have a lot of storage available.

All in all, this was a very good hotel, and I'm more than happy that we stayed there, I would recommend it to friends and family, and would also stay there again

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first trip to Dubai. Before booking the hotel I did some research work and after reading hundreds of reviews of different 4 star hotels in Dubai I shortlisted Hotel majestic and booked it from Oct 2 to 6. I was not disappointed with my choice. The hotel is centrally located in Bur Dubai area. Since most of the shopping areas are scattered over Dubai this place is ideal for an Indian visiting Dubai as the main shopping area for Indians, i.e. Meena Bazar is walking distance from the hotel (about 15 mins). I strongly recommend walking. The Metro station is 5-6 mins walk. The major electronics store (Jumbo Electronics) is 3-4 mins walk. You get a cab very easily from the hotel. The hotel itself is very beautifully made with 24 floors. The food is very good. The staff is very polite and helpful. Last day I requested for a late check out as my flight was late and they readily agreed to do so. I would love to stay here again on my next visit.
Regarding shopping, one should go to Deira City Centre for all kind of shopping. For window shopping one should go to Dubai Mall as it has all the branded stores which are very expensive. For dry fruits, spices and chocolates from Turkey (the best ones) one should go to Meena Bazar and look for shops run by Iranians. The prices here are very reasonable. One should not purchase these things from Deira where tourist buses stops as the prices are 30-40 % higher.
What more should I write. Dubai is a must visit place.

Room Tip: One should take higher floors to have a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family