1,401 results
All reviews music room bur dubai from al fahidi metro station family suite deluxe room meena bazaar burj khalifa sports bar super market pool area min walk non smoking restaurants and bars desert safari rooms are spacious buffet breakfast jumeirah beach
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 10 nights on 5th September 2012 and really enjoyed it.

All the staff were very friendly, helpful and going out of their way to make our stay memorable. The location way good as the metro and local shops were walking distance. The hotel was centrally located.

We would certainly stay there on our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in deluxe rooms which were great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shila4p
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Majestic Hotel,and it was great. The location is good,taxis are very cheap in Dubai so even the things furthest away were easy to get to. The valet staff at the doors are very friendly and helpful,as was the bellboys. Desk staff were polite and helped with any questions we had. Check in/out was very quick. My room was on the 22 floor and i had a great veiw of across the city. The room was very nicely maintained,and was always cleaned to a high standard. Room service was quick and the food from room service was very nice. If fact i only have one complaint about the hotel and that is that you have to pay for ice. In a hot place like Dubai you would not expect to have to pay 7 dirums for a very small bucket of ice. I really think it could be free,or at least have an ice machine on every other floor. But this does not take away from it being a great hotel and i would definatly stay there again.

Room Tip: We emailed the hotel direct a couple of weeks before arriving to ask if we could have a room high up with a good veiw. The hotel emailed back to say they would do the best they could and didnt disappoint,the room was 2 floors from the top and the veiw was great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Louise S
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed at the Majestic for 5 nights from September the 11th to the 15th and it was amazing. The staff at check in were efficient and courteous as was all the other staff. We moved rooms after our first night because of "party" noise from the room next door.There was no fuss and we were upgraded. The city view of Dubai was amazing.
The hotel runs a free shuttle bus going to a different location each day. We used this twice, to the beach and the mall. It was a superb service and one I would recommend using.
A special mention for Liezle who made our stay very special, it was my 50th Birthday and a cake was organised and delivered to our room. We also arranged a late check out as we had a late return flight. All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending the Majestic Hotel for your stay in Dubai. Superbly located between the old town for the the Creek and the main city area. With excellent staff who really made us feel special.

Room Tip: High room city veiw
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gehnash
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and found the experience to be very pleasant. After reading reviews about rude staff and lengthy check-ins we were expecting the worst however, we checked-in in minutes and found that the two lifts that serve the tower were not so slow.

We had a standard room that offered a lovely view of the city and the Burj Khalifa. The ameneties and cleanliness were of a high standard with the rooms being made up and ready every day and where applicable, the do not disturb signs were adhered to.

Breakfast was fairly extensive - we being vegetarian avoided the eggs and meat dishes that were prepared but nonetheless, the food selection was more than adequate. Space in the breakfast area was never an issue.

In terms of location, the airport is about 15-20 minutes away from the airport by taxi (20 - 45 Dhirams), about a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro station (which is a bit of an issue in the summer) and about a 15-20 minutes drive to the Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa complex (20 - 25 Dhirams).

All the staff were very helpful and friendly and tried their best to answer our questions. Due to our return flight being at 8am, we planned to check out at 6am. As the breakfast is only open from 6am - 1030am, the hotel arranged for us to have our breakfast on our last day there by allowing us to go in 20 minutes early which was great!

The only negative aspect was that at times you could hear water rushing through the walls (from the pipes) but it was nothing too serious.

I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: I read a review about the hotel being close to a cemetary. I can confirm this is correct, if your room is on the front side of the hotel (i.e. above the entrance) then your view will be of the cemetary (which you can also see from the breakfast room). Our room was on the left hand side of the hotel which offered the nice City view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RSG_1699
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked the Majestic for a 2 night stop-over. Emailed the hotel prior to booking to inform them that I would not have the credit card with me that I was going to be using to book and pay for the room. The reason I had done this was because I had seen that other hotels in Dubai would send out a third party authorisation form for someone who was paying with someone elses' credit card. I was told there would be no problem not having the credit card with me and I was never sent a form so i booked the hotel.

We arranged transfers with the hotel to pick us up from the airport, and we arrived at the hotel about 01:30 am local time.
When we went to check in the 2 men at reception asked to see the credit card that the room was booked with. I tried to to tell them that I had been told by email that I would not need it and that if they checked their emails from me they would see I had written confirmation of this. The 2 men were totally unhelpful, extremely rude, interrupted me on several occasions and quite ignorant to anything I tried to say to them.

To make a long story short we had to pay for the room AGAIN, in cash (200euro) even though the room had already been paid for in full on my fathers credit card prior to our arrival.

The room was clean, spacious, and had a nice view. It was a few minutes in a taxi to the Mall of Emirates etc so central enough. We were only in the hotel for about 30 hrs so I cant comment much more than that on it.

On checking out I asked for a receipt as confirmation that the money had been refunded onto my fathers credit card. I was to told they could not give it to me and to email the hotel regarding this in a few days.

I emailed the hotel 2 days later and was forwarded on a copy of the refunded receipt and received an apology over the mix up, be warned if you are paying with someones else' credit card which you will not be producing on arrival at the hotel you DO need a third party authorisation form. I had corresponded with the Majestic Hotel on several occasions prior to our booking and arrival and never once was i told this, bearing in mind this was the first question I asked the hotel when I first emailed them.

I dont like writing a bad review but I just don't want anyone else to experience what we did because it was unpleasant, I would just advise people to be careful and double check everything with the hotel prior to arrival. We didn't particularly enjoy our stay at the hotel but this was down to the incompetence of staff and not the actual hotel itself,but for this reason I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends