1,391 results
All reviewsmusic roombur dubaifrom al fahidi metro stationfamily suitedeluxe roommeena bazaarburj khalifasports barsuper marketpool areahigher floormin walknon smokingrestaurants and barsrooms are spaciousdesert safaribuffet breakfast
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Excellent hotel even if it didn't have a great location, and a great price. We had the deluxe room which was roomy by any standard, with all the amenities, and included a great view of the Burj Kalifa. Very clean, great friendly staff, and excellent breakfast which was well worth the extra $15 each. it was only two blocks from the Metro (1/4 mile), and we paid $121 per night total on Expedia.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor, but make sure you face the Burj Kalifa (xx01).
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg C
Reviewed April 16, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for 3 nights on our way from Sydney to Paris. For the price we paid ($75 - $80 per night twin share) the service was great and the rooms clean and comfortable. We actually arrived on my birthday and they delivered a cake to our room which was also a nice surprise.

On the first night we ate in the Greek restaurant where the food was beautiful and well priced. The breakfast buffet was great and had lots of selection - for meat lovers/vegetarians alike. We also had the buffet lunch one day due to convenience between activities and were equally impressed with this.

Location is good as only 5 min walk down the road from the metro and a cheap cab ride to the beach. We liked the fact that there was a gym and the pool, which although was small-ish, was the perfect temperature for a morning dip.

Only real downsides were the fact that WIFI was not free in the rooms (only in the lobby) and also that there was no ironing board in the room. Would definitely recommend to friends who were there for a similar time/reason as us.

2  Thank applegirl1
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 days with my folks in April 2012. Booked from a company at the airport. Got a smoking room but the very next day they moved me to a non-smoking room as requested.

It was our first time in Dubai so we didn't spend much time at the hotel but it was a really very nice and relaxing place to return to at the end of the day. The rooms always super clean, the bed was the most comfortable ever, like sleeping on clouds! Generous bathroom. Our interaction with the staff was minimal but nothing really stood out. Didn't get to explore the hotel facilities really as we were out most of the time but the room service was always very good! The downside was the paid internet in the rooms! In this day and age..hmm...that didn't go down with me!

I would definitely return again prepared with a great camera and get a room on the higher floors to really enjoy the views of Dubai.
Thanks Majestic!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room facing the city, the view of Burg Khalifa at night are just great! Other rooms tend to face other apartment blocks.
1  Thank Sarix02
Reviewed April 11, 2012

First of all, my husband and I for the past three years have been going to this hotel. We live in Abu Dhabi and would regularly travel to Dubai for leisure. This was our absolute FAVORITE place to stay. We would NEVER think of spending our time at another hotel in Dubai. We loved the location, the cleanliness, the price point, the breakfast buffett, and the overall service. Many of the staff knew us and took great care of us, doing upgrades etc.

Last summer, the hotel changed management. Ever since, they changed the room service menus (horrible food), the cleanliness of the room is suspect (dirty Q-tips and empty water bottles under the couch, and our friendly staff has slowly departed (due to disappointment in new changes) leaving a non-helpful bunch of incompetent people.

Our last 6 visits since last summer have been slowly deterioraiting and the last 2 visits were HORRIBLE.

1. During Winter break, we had people from The States come and visit. We specifically set up the exact rooms we wanted (rooms facing the Burj Khalifa with huge bathtubs) in the summertime because our guests were coming for their honeymoon. Our friendly staff members who were still working at the time set up our room arrangements. When we got to the hotel at normal check-in they said that they needed another hour for our rooms to be cleaned. We told them NO PROBLEM, we went to Dubai Mall, walked around, had lunch, and came back 4 HOURS LATER, still they were NOT finished with our rooms. They asked for another half hour, the check-in process was long, the people were not helpful, and this was just the beginning of a string of incompetencies that happened over a four night stay.

Another thing was how they mistook me and my beautiful friend as hookers one evening when we came from a club. We were both newlyweds with our husbands, dressed in club gear, not kanoodling but laughing, AND it was the same woman who stupidly checked us into the hotel earlier that day.

Another was how the conceirge could not offer any activities other than the Big Bus Tour and Desert Safari. We are from Abu Dhabi and know our way around Dubai, we wanted something different like skydiving. They told us to research that for ourselves. These are just some examples.

The last time we stayed was in March for a quick evening while we were at a conference. It was more of the same except this time under the couch, which is not covered by the floor, had trash underneath it. We took this as part of their decline.

This is not the same place it used to be. The room service food used to be a highlight of our trip. Now it is horrible. When we complained to management, they said that many people from different countries have different tastes and maybe our tastes are not meshing with the new menu. I felt that to be an insult.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This hotel is so far on my favourites list. It's not one or two things in particular, just the feel of the place. Its a nice little haven in a big noisy and stressing city like Dubai is. I love the pool area. The pool is small, and I noticed the lack of sunbeds, you have to get up early in the morning to get one. The management would be well off expanding the pool area, there is one side of the terrace that isnt in use, and you could really fit a lot of beds and chairs there. There should possibly also be some umbrellas, as there really isnt a shaded area, and I noticed a lot of people following the shade of the buildings with their beds. The poolside bar/restaurant is super cute, and the food is wonderful. Try the main courses, they're almost the same price as the burger, and very very tasty. I feel bad for the staff who are working in the bar, in the direct sunlight, with their long sleeved black shirts and black pants, some of them looked drenched at times. But they still smiled!
The Greek restaurant is great, with good food and a nice ambiance and polite staff. Too bad we werent able to sit outside on the terrace, for a reason we didnt fully understand - we noticed people sitting out on the terrace the next night, how odd.
The biggest minus with this hotel is actually a small one, but there really arent enough elevators. At times it felt like a third of our holiday was spent waiting for an elevator. Im not even kidding when I say that I saw one man falling asleep while waiting for it. We were at the 13th floor and I just took the stairs, much quicker!
Oh, and they have nice crispy bacon in the breakfast room! :)