“Not impressed at all”

Dubai International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 301 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was staying in Dubai International Hotel once involuntarily as I missed my ongoing Emirates flight after a hefty delay of another flight. I received a voucher from Emirates as Business Class passenger which made the four-hour stay for me free of charge.

The check-in was at 2 a.m. in the morning. Unfortunately the night manager at the front desk just closed the computer interfaces for the daily revenue run and I had to wait for almost 20 minutes to be checked in which is a long time in the middle of the night when you are tired from a day of work and flight.

The room was what I expected: a typical airline stand-by room. The room was facing inside with the view down to the Business Class Lounge. Window was not able to open. The room was standard size but somehow made a dark and not hygienically cleaned impression. There was a minibar but it was empty. I took a shower, watched 20 minutes television (standard programs in the Middle East but nothing beyond) and slept for three hours.
At 6:30 a.m. I checked out for my 7 a.m. flight as I had the boarding pass already and only had to walk over to the gate.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Schaible
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Dubai International Hotel.

We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused following a recent stay at Dubai International Hotel. Please note that Airline Voucher covers only the room rate and Mini bar not included. With regards 20 minutes delay in check in, I would appreciate if you can forward the stay details to guestcare@dih-dca.com to investigate and ensure corrective action.

There are newer reviews for Dubai International Hotel

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Dubai International Hotel at the end of July on our way from Brisbane to Glasgow. It was brilliant we were met at the gate hurried through security and the family room was excellent for us and our adult son. The abundance of toiletries in the bathroom, the size and comfort of the room was perfect for our needs. It meant we arrived in the UK refreshed and ready for our adventure. In fact I am about to book a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Hellothere2uall

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is really straightforward. If you need somewhere to sleep between flights this is really convenient and comfortable. If you are having a holiday you might want to stay somewhere a bit more interesting. The hotel is vast. The rooms stylish. But it is just not very welcoming (or cheap). Very handy for duty free!
Also no one was there to meet me................

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Billiam99

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel and for your feedback. Kindly note that we provide free Meet & Greet service if the incoming flight details are available with the booking. . I would appreciate if you can forward stay details to guestcare@dih-dca.com to investigate and ensure corrective action.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

When traveling internationally with our daughter (one year at the time of this trip), we try to take advantage of transit hotels even if only for a few hours. We were very impressed with our stay in the Dubai International Hotel.

After a very long flight, we were delighted to be met by a young man with a sign with our name and a stroller for our daughter. He walked us through security and all the way to the check in counter and our room.

Check in was a breeze. The room was spacious and very well appointed. It did not feel like a transit hotel. I have stayed in a couple and you often feel like you cannot even turn around in them. This room felt like it could have been a room in any major city hotel. Could benefit from a refurbishment but I am probably being picky. Plenty of toiletries in the bathroom. Good water pressure for a much needed shower. The crib was already set up in the room. Love the view over the terminal (our daughter loved leaning against the window and watching all the people). A handful of TV channels (watched Olympic gymnastics in Arabic) and good wireless internet. Plenty of dining options and shopping in the terminal.

Overall, we had an excellent stay and would highly recommend if you have a long layover, especially if you have little ones. Though a bit pricey, we felt it was worth every penny!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Dubai International Hotel and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by our associates.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Since you arrive at your gate, the staff is waiting for you and willing to assist, I needed my luggage transfer from my Lufthansa flight to my Emirates flight the next day, and one of the staff took me to the emirates counter so I could even check in for the next day. Rooms are excellent and modern, service was very good, everything I needed was given to me very fast. I ate dinner in my room and the food was very good and considering the prices on the restaurants in the terminal it was quite cheap.
As for the price since is by the hours it could be pricey, but I did not find out much about this since I was booked and payed by my company.
In overall if only staying in Dubai for a stopover, this is the place to stay to avoid immigration, customs and Dubai traffic!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Froilo

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Dubai International Hotel.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Arriving in Dubai at 1 am with a 4 year old spirited child, this is by far the best experience Ive had with a hotel while traveling. The hotel had a staff waiting for us once we landed and walked in the airport. We were whisked through the security checks without having to queue up those long lines. They assisted us with our carry on luggage, and just 15 mins after landing, we were in our room getting ready to go to sleep. The check-in service was fast and without any complications at the hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient. The hotel provides 24 hour service, and the food is freshly prepared. The room itself is equipped with all the needs for a transit passenger. They even had a complimentary bowl of fresh fruits on the table. The room is soundproof and therefore no disturbance from the airport activities downstairs.

The charge for one day is high, but it is worth every penny of it. No regrets. I highly recommend this hotel to those that are transiting with small children or those who can afford it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Third year in a row that I've used the Dubai International to break a journey between Europe and Australia. Just as good as the previous years, was met off the flight, checked in fairly promptly. Previous concerns with noise from airport announcements has gone; don't know whether the announcements have stopped or if soundproofing has been improved. Room and bathroom were perfectly clean, no complaints but starting to show some signs of wear. Ordered room service dinner and breakfast; adequate and promptly delivered but not outstanding. Staff helpful and friendly with excellent English. Booked and paid nearly a year in advance so price was not bad at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
dcahotel, Manager at Dubai International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012