“Dubai Airport hotel review”

Dubai International Hotel
Ranked #2 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Its an exotic place to stay in. The comfort is awesome and the room maintenance was really good and was very clean. The had an excellent facility like wake up call according to your flight schedule. So you dont need to worry about catching up a flight.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank manidevs
Write a ReviewReviews (6,172)

Reviewed September 23, 2011

After a thirteen hour flight from New York I de-planed and was enjoying a hot shower in about 15 minutes max. I was met at the plane and taken through a security check as the only traveller. I've had to overnight in Dubai before and while I've enjoyed the souks, the hassle with the traffic, rude taxi drivers and people in general not acknowledging a single woman made me choose this option. I have no regrets whatsoever. The room was clean and quiet (except for the A/C which you can't escape) had all the amenities - toiletries, terry robes, huge flat screen tv, free but limited internet access. The front desk staff were helpful, I needed a plug adapter and they got me one immediately. For my USD179 including tax I was entitled to 24 hours and I had a twenty hour layover so felt that I got my money's worth. I booked this accommodation on line. If you get sick of the room you can go "out" shopping or for food or coffee in the terminal and then return to the peace and quiet when the hub bub gets to be too much. I didn't try the health club but would check that out next time. I'll definitely stay here again for my next long layover.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Annie B
Reviewed September 23, 2011

If you have more than five hours between flights this hotel is perfect. The meet and great when you come off the plane is also very good, especially if you don't know Dubai Airport. Having stayed in Dubai many times the quick tour that some people do holds no interest for me so this hotel is just the job. I've stayed here many times on my way from Thailand or Oz to Baku and it really breaks up the journey. Quiet as the grave and hassle free every time I've stayed here, either alone or accompanied.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had a night to spend at Dubai Airport between flights and not wanting to sleep in the lounge I went up to the lobby of this hotel to see if there were any rooms. I did not make a booking but there were rooms available. The hotel is situated above the Emirates business lounge and one thing you notice about this place is that is is very quiet. Quite surprising since is above a large gathering of people. The room is outfitted with extras such as bathroom robes, shaving gear and iron, so it is all one would want for a transit hotel. The 6 hour stay cost US$200 or $300 for 24hrs which I think is quite reasonable for the only hotel in the terminal. They do have the monopoly so they can effectively charge anything they like, but this price is reasonable. Okay, it is not the Hilton, but it is very good for what it is and ticks the right boxes. The staff are very polite and efficient. I will return again should I have to stay for a few hours at the airport.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank familytraveller5
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed overnight between Perth and Geneva. It was very practical for me to stay there and it proved to be the best choice. For a start, the hotel concierge was at the end of the gangway with my name on a sign. He welcomed me to Dubai, took my hand luggage and very politely showed me the way. He navigate me through side doors and in no time we were in the lobby. The hotel was very clean, modern and efficient. Staff very professional and polite. The room was large, overlooking the departure lounge but we could not hear anything. Wonderful. The huge bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had anything you need for an overnight, including toothbrush and body cream. (Coconut milk and honey I think). It made my skin very soft. I recommend it! After refreshing, I went downstairs to walk the large shopping area and did some shopping in a/c comfort. In all the shops, I found the people to be pleasant and respectful. I bought take away dinner and back to the room to eat and read. The hotel offered free 1/2 hr internet in their business center. Enough to email the family that all was well. Reception offered a wake up call and without asking checked which gate my flight was leaving the next day. This hotel was not intrusive and made me feel very special and respected. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank wobblywombats
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stopped overnight to break the long flight from Rome to Melbourne. The reception staff were first class, the room spacious, comfortable and restful. There were soft lights in the room, a bowl of fresh fruit, tea and coffee making facilities, and a large bed, turned back, with beautiful linen.
It was bliss not to have to go through Customs, and to be so close to the departure lounge the next morning, without all the hassles.
However, you pay for the privilege!
To me, it was money well spent and I would highly recommend it for the comfort and convenience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MelbourneSally
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have tried on two seperate occassions to book a room at the Dubai International Hotel from their website. The prices quoted are anywhere from AED 500 and up. After completing the online form I supplied my credit card information. On both occassions the computer timed out prior to the transaction being comleted. Coincidentaly, I received an email shortly thereafter from the hotel offering to assist with my booking. The price offered was significantly higher than the price offered online. The first time I stayed there the price quoted online was AED 500 plus taxes..but the price paid was 600. The second time the online price quoted was AED 700 plus taxes and the price offered via email was 800 plus taxes.

This being said there are little options for the long layover unless you plan on sitting in the airport....Good luck.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business