“Save Your Money”

Ranked #493 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Lucca, Italy
“Save Your Money”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Booked 3 nights at the Delmon PALACE (which is around the corner from the Delmon and owned by the same group). The experience was much less than satisfactory. Front desk usually had only one person so it took a 1/2 hour to check in - and 45 minutes to check out; the hotel tried to keep our passports as security for the pathetic offerings in the mini bar, (gave them a credit card to get the passports back) and the worst - the disco went to 3am every night, thus keeping many of the hotel guests awake until early morning. On its best day this is a 1+ star hotel. The ads to book this joint are very misleading: Big discount off the rack rate, 3 or 4 star hotel, etc.,
Bottom line - if you are hard of hearing, and are a homeless person, used to sleeping on the street - then this is the place for you. I would not stay there again if the room were free.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank jay r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

It was my first stay in Delmon in December peak season, its location is great just infront of the and malls, shops, indian resturants, newly constructed hotel with quality rooms lobby and other amenities. breakfast is superb for indians,...and i visited in peak season hotel was full even service quality is very good & prompt....thx Delmon to make my tour memorable u dnt need to pay more to other 4* hotels...its realy value for money hotel...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank prashantchauhan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed in this hotel from the 28th to 31 st December 2013 with another 5 of my family members and the hotel is the worst hotel i have stayed in my entire life. They take your passports and refuse to give it back, i had to argue and warn the manager that i was going to lodge a police report regarding their refusal to give me back my passports and the man finally gave in. They have a whole stack of passports of their guest kept as security and we are treated like terrorist instead of tourist. The reception staff was very rude, they don't even smile or greet you. The room was dirty when we checked in, they didn't even bother to clear the decaying food in the fridge, everything was dreadful. Don't ever stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mystiquescent

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel not only in Dubai but in all countries . Dirty ,old ,cracked bad experience so beware of this hotel . First it was difficult to find and when I found it I got so depressed to know that was the hotel I was going to stay for two nights , I said to myself maybe the lobby is old and dirty maybe the room was better (wishful thinking) so I said to myself wait and see I asked the receptionist for a nice clean room he handed me an old white key and said this is the key if you loose you will pay( in a threaten way) I went up to find the room was worst than the lobby , bad smell ,dirty sheets as someone had sex on the bed and used the cover as towel , old bathroom dirty no word can express how very very dirty towels and I was sure someone had used them and they hadn't been changed . The noise in my fourth floor was unbearable even that the disco was on the first or lobby floor , by the way no wifi in rooms ,I went down , took my bag and went to a coffee shop and used the Internet and booked another hotel leaving the DELMON (DEMON) hotel even that it was a paid in advanced . By the way the breakfast room was like EAT AND DIE room dirty and scummy . It is a minus thousand stars hotel.
This hotel is a shame on hotels so do not even think of going near by it ...YUKKKY

Room Tip: Never go there
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank MustaphaEido
Tabriz,Iran
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was in this hotel from 4 Nov. to 8 Nov. 2013.
the stuff are unprofessional and unhelpful.
room was clean but the Bathroom was not clean ! shampoos and towels didn't change in 4 days.
hotel's disco is full of locals and the noise is really to much and because they just use local Arabic music by local singers was not possible to use disco for us.
the restaurant was soooo dirty ! there was Cockroaches on walls and foods quality was terrible.
the hotel location was quite good and you can walk to metro and bus stations also its easy to use taxi.
at first hotel stuff said us we can use the pool and gym other side of the hotel but in fact it was not possible because of distance.
at the end i should say the price is not compatible with price you pay.the hotel quality is 2 star in my idea.
P.S: there is no internet in Hotel !

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the courtyard and upper floors There is less noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank orhan_rg
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My name is mohammad m mahdinejad and i checked in delmon palace on 14th of sep.
Now it is 3:00 am and even in the 3rd floor that i and my wife are staying, the noise and vibration of the disco does not let us to sleep!!!
My eyes are red from the exhastion and i am very nervous of this situation in hell.
Every thing here is awfully unacceptable. The staff are very rude here, specially the receptionist. When i enter to the hotel i said hello and she didnt answer to me, then i asked her for my reservation, after 45 minutes waiting, she gave me a paper to sign and then requested me 200$ for deposit, i told her i have just british pound and asked her how much in british pound i should give? She then looked at me like a dumb and after a minute told me 200£!!! I told her dear £200 is about $350 and it is not the amount you told me but she answered as give me £200 deposit!!!
Every place even room smells very bad like a disinfector such as the smell of whitex, and you can find this in restaurant to!!!
Your minibar is locked and you should ask them to open it, i called for times till they cane to open it after i request them i am dieing of thirst!!
It is not a 4 star hotel at all, it is not even an average place to stay, i think there is no manager in this place because this hotel is completely free from any kind of supervision.

• Stayed September 2013
18 Thank Mahdinejad
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have booked this hotel for one night, I only did one mistake that I did not read the reviews before going to this hell, asked for king bed, they gave twin, when asking them to change the room, they said no rooms available, they offered to adjoin the bed together, but after one hour they sent one extra bed, I have no idea why, I have contacted them, they are totally careless no minibar, when i was aking about the water they told me better to buy it from the supermarket, ehrn the check out they retained my ID until they finished to check the room and every thing there, I will never book this hotel again, I will never come back, it is totally worse than any bodt could expect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo