“Wunmi- Good, value for money”
Review of Delmon Hotel

Delmon Hotel
Ranked #504 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Wunmi- Good, value for money”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at Delmon for about 5 nights and enjoyed my stay. Was quiet and clean. Not enough staff to attend to all the guest though but they'll attend to you any way. I also like d location, its central so you can access the metro and other locations without stress. Food was fine also, not fantastic but sufficient. Its not luxurious but convenient so I'l recommend it for someone with an average budget.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Dewunmz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Tabriz, Iran
Reviewed November 1, 2012

we stayed in delmon hotel for 4 nights,the rooms are good and clean and it's breakfast is really good but the staff is not that much helpful
and it's near the metro station so you can easily go to anywhere you like

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank elnaz a
london
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My experience is really really bad from the check-in till check-out......
First of all from the entrance of the hotel looks like a very old hotel and there is no maintenance at all and then there is no management to take care of the guest and the receptionist is really very rude and she don't have the etiquette to speak to the guest...... when I went to her to do check-in she told me like that " sir go and sit there I'll call u" which is so dis respectable and no usage of the word please and its like that she is doing some favor to me.

Then we waited for 30 minutes for the check-in. As it was our anniversary and they didn't even wish us. The room was fine after this much mess but there was no water in the room and when we called for the water they informed us that it is chargeable of 15 DHS which is 1.75 Dhs in the market and it is not a hotel standard that they don't have water in the room.

When we were in the room we called the receptionist that we don't have Room Service Menu in the room and you won't believe that we didn't get the menu until check-out.

The room was fine but they should change the sleepers into the use & throw one as many guests are using the same sleepers and I feel its unhygienic. The TV channels quality is very bad and in the room you cannot sleep until 3-4 am just because of loud music in the in-house night club and we felt that this hotel is running only for the night club.

About Breakfast......that was the worst breakfast which we ever had in our life because there is no choice of food specially for vegetarians and the staff is least bother to check that where guest wants to sit and they were just forcing to every guest to sit anywhere with another guest which is really bad service. The food was horrible.

During check-out time the lady from the reception again called and she was very rude towards my wife and she said like she is giving an order to us as we are not leaving the room and she said like this " can you check-out the room now" which is really unacceptable and then after 5 minutes she again called in the room and I pick-up the call and she told me like that " why you are not checking out" which was very much insulting. I would say the staff is too old to handle the reception and they are not educated and don't have any hospitality standards.

And I write the comment care and I requested to the management to contact me when they receive the comment card .............but now its more than 2 weeks i didn't get any reply from them. I'm not sure that they gave the Comment card to the management or not. If they gave it then the management is really really bad.

I would strongly not recommend to stay in this hotel to anyone.

I hope now the management will take some action .

Room Tip: No comments ............ it was terrible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LondonSnowWhite

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Reviewed July 30, 2012

im stay in this hotel for 4 night . Hotel very clean and very good location ,berakfast very good , near the metro stations , nice pool. , room is not very big but good . Dinner good ,
Suitable for family.
Im would use the hotel again .

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank reyhaneh666
Tehran
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel is in the Riga side area. Like other dubai's four hotels, free lunch is included to the hotel service. The hotel was clean and the room spacious enough, though the restaurant was not big in size and some guests had to wait in a queue for couple of minutes. In addition, some of the staffs needed more training as they lacked politeness and good sense of hospitality. In general, this was a family budget hotel which had the value of the money.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Cyrusdgreat
New York
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed in delmon hotel for the second time in june 2011 for 5 day. My first experience was fantastic so I decuded to stay in the same hotel, but this time I had a different exoeruence. The reception people were rude snd looked down on the guests. They didnt bother to explain anything to you. In the website they say there is free internet yet the guy responsible said there has been a change in the management policy and one has to pay and buy internet per hour. I bought a 24 hours account ( was not very expensive) but the cable in the room was out of order so they offered to replace ne to a new room and the problem was solved. Food is adequate but of limited quantity. I would recommend to appear early for lunch and breakfast because they womt refill the dishes once they are finished. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hotel is conviniently located and close to metro station and there is always taxis available. There is club downstairs but the noise did not disturb us much! all in all it was a comfortable stay except for the impolite staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank LeiliI
Bursa, Turkey
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I had to stay in this so-called "hotel" for two nights this February and I had my worst experience of a "hotel" in Dubai.
First of all, the staff were absolutely terrible. Could not be worst. I have never seen any thing like this in any of my trips all over the world. A friend of mine had booked this hotel trough a travel agent and the money was not refundable (that was why I stayed there for two nights). The check-in process was exhausting and unbearably long, being done by the most horrible reception/front desk clerk I have ever seen. She was rude and would not miss an opportunity to make you feel terrible about your luck and life course which has led you here. When the check-in was finished, she kept my passport in her desk drawer (unlike other hotels in UAE who scan your passport immediately hand it back to you). I politely asked her to give my passport back and she yelled at me "later, perhaps this afternoon". I asked for a receipt for the passport and my response was a smirk. I explained that I would need the passport or a receipt for it if a police officer stops me in the street (well, I frankly did not need it that bad, but felt that I had to do some thing about her behavior). She yelled again, almost screaming, and repeated her answer "perhaps this afternoon". It took me another fifteen minutes or so of arguing but I could not get my passport, neither she gave me a receipt for it.
I was escorted to my room by another rude man. He came to my room, just to show me the contents of my minibar - but his main mission was to make me sign a paper showing the minibar content. Apparently they thought I might steal something from the minibar and later claim that it had not been there from the beginning.
The room was OK - well, if you only take appearance into account. My room had formerly been a connecting room so there was a door to the adjacent room in it. The problem is that this door - as well as the walls - was so thin that I had to listen to the couple in the adjacent room making love all night long for two nights. It was as if I was present in their room. Horrible. Imagine for yourself.
The room came with breakfast and lunch. Did not try breakfast, after I tried the lunch the first day. First of all, they had not forgotten to put an equally-rude lady in charge of the lunch room. I was there the first day with a friend and they asked him (because he was not a hotel guest) to pay 35 Dirhams. My friend, half joking, told the lady that the price could be lower considering the quantity and quality of foods. She screamed into his face "why don't you go somewhere else, where it is cheaper?" poof.
The lunch was very basic and the quality of desserts were unbelievably low.
There is a club down there in the lobby, a Persian one. You might not believe me when I tell you that they asked for 150 Dirhams for each person just to go in. No drinks included. It's unheard of, I believe, in Dubai (for such a place). Of course we laughed and went away.
You might say you are not going to have anything to do with the club, but the club will definitely have something to do with you. on Friday and Saturday nights there is no way you can sleep easily - the club is so loud you cannot hear the booms and bangs even if you are staying in 6th floor, like me.
I believe this hotel is being used by Iranian tours and they basically bring here some Iranian tourists as a part of a package deal (in which case, you cannot change your hotel if you like to). I feel pity for the people who have to come here and stay. I am not a picky person and I am professional traveler, so take my advice and DO NOT STAY HERE, not even for a single night. I would sleep in the park next time if I have to.
The funny thing is that it is not even cheap. I paid around 400 Dirhams per night (it is a four star!). I could have stayed in much nicer places for this money.
You Have been warned!

Room Tip: If you had to stay here, try to get a room in higher floors so that at least you can sleep at night...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business