“Centrally located”

Ranked #248 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai
“Centrally located”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Good locations and very central.. Good value for money.. Even though they advertise, this is not a 5 star.. good rooms and food..

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank dmanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My stay at the Hotel was for 5 days during Aug 08.

From the pick up to stya at the hotel my stay was quite smooth. Also the food & the breakfast spread was really good & the best part is that the hotel is near by my office(Standard Chartered Bank).

So over all i am pretty satisfied by the hotel services.

I am planning my stay again in the same hotel in this month.

• Liked — proximity to my office
  • Disliked — front desk service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank mayank_jain30
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Service & Hospitaility in Dubai is pathetic. Room Cleaning is badly done, no water is served during breakfast...... The list is endless

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank jiten_nagda

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

india
Reviewed May 5, 2009

superb hotel, excellent rooms, nice indian food too

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Winnersh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Very poor hotel which contradicts the four stars awarded. Rooms dark and gloomy. Musty smell throughout, windows did not close properly and there was a general drabness despite the relative newness of the building. Do not believe the website - pictures can tell a thousand lies as well as stories. Room on arrival had no bathrobe, towels, slippers or stationery. To top it all there were no items in minibar but it did have the previous occupants half eaten sandwich and leftover KFC coleslaw. Even with constant reminders I never did get all of the missing items. Bathroom floor remained dirty throughout the stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank prof007
Washington DC
Reviewed March 5, 2009

First time poster and this is a review I felt compelled to write while still staying at the hotel itself. It has been one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. First of all, I am generally pretty laid back about hotels, but enough has happened this week for me to sign up for a Trip Adviser account just to relay my experience. This is NOT, what-so-ever, by far, even in a fairy tale, a Five Star Hotel. If I didn't see it myself I doubt anyone would believe this experience as it seems like something you would only see in a comedy at the movies.

Background: We are traveling as a large group with an 80 room block for business travel. I arrived a night early for a 8 night stay.

Room: When I first arrived, I walked by the 5 Star rating outside the hotel. I thought I would be impressed. The room they gave me was a box with no windows and with the internet connection not working. Thinking the cable was unplugged from the wall, I went behind the desk and found an open box of condoms. They quickly upgraded me to the only side of the hotel that actually has nice rooms (the front) and apologized. Room was nice, but the cleanliness of the room left much to be desired. But at least the internet worked at blazing fast speeds of 56KB per second.

Restaurants: Half of the restaurants are closed. They website lists six, but all are closed except Docklands, the Italian place, the Indian place, and the bar. They even list signs to these restaurants and their operating times in the lobby on an electronic display. Clearly this hotel has zero attention to detail if you cannot even delete the restaurants from your electronic screen placed at the front of the hotel.

Internet and Business Center: They charge you $27 a day to use the internet at speeds slower than a 56KB modem. Completely and utter rip off. We tried to “rent” a projector but they said we could only buy one instead. In the hotel book it says "A/V equipment can be rented at our Business Center. Please contact our Business center to arrange your requirements." We called back and mentioned this and again they said they could only have us purchase a projector. Finally, we had to print pages for a business report, I asked where the nearest Kinkos/FedEx or printing location was. *blank stares from the staff* They finally printed it themselves and charged approximately $1 USD per page.

Concierge: Complete Clown Show. First, When we first arrived they pointed us to a bar a 10 minute walk from the hotel that was full of prostitutes as "the place to go" that is close to the hotel. Second, I tried to get several tour bookings through them and even tried to set up a golf tee time. Each time the "concierge" handed the phone to me and I had to talk myself to make the bookings. I finally gave up. Others in our group had similar incompetent experiences with the concierge. It was joked that they might have trouble booking us a glass of water through their own room service.

Security: First story: When locked out of my room, I had to get a new key. I went up to front desk and asked for a new key. They gave me one without asking for an ID. Second story: This is might be a five star hotel if you are a sex tourist perhaps. It seems the ladies just walk up to your room and come on in. To make matters even more comical, one of my business partners had two prostitutes ask for the key to their room at 3 AM because they had left something in the safe the night before. They walked in on the sleeping woman and woke her up to have them check the safe. She took a photo just to prove she was not making up the story. She later found out that the ladies handed out a room key without ID. To test the theory, two days later, she went up to the front desk and directly asked for the key to hey room from a new manager. The manager started to hand over the key without checking for ID, until she asked if they were forgetting something. Final story, While having beers late one night, the “night club” they had downstairs clearly had some very colorful individuals walk through the hotel.

Location: Horrible. Construction is directly on the right side of the hotel. Most of the rooms have zero view if they have a window at all. The location, as we found out, is in a more seedy area of the city. To get to Atlantis or downtown the cab drivers knew where to go better than the cars and drivers that the hotel used. They looked nice and the cars were better than cabs, but each time I was in one of the cars, I questioned if the driver really knew where we were going. In one instance, he dropped us off ¼ mile away from the location we asked him to drop us off at.

Straw that broke the camel’s back): Having come back from a business tour, I headed across the street to Burger King with a friend and we came back to the hotel. Sitting on one of the tables in the lobby not associated with any restaurant we were relaxing eating our food. The head manager walked up and asked us if we were guests and asked us to take our food to our rooms as outside food was not allowed in the lobby. I wouldn’t have said anything, but I felt that this hotel had too many problems for this to be a true concern and they did not have any signs posted. He proceeded to argue with me even though I had asked that they make an exception. Completely flabbergasted we both headed to our rooms after having been scolded like we were in high school by the manager. Is this truly how they treat their paying guests?

Final verdict: Between complete lack of customer service, location, value, security, and general feeling the entire week, I would give this hotel one star. Why one star? They at least had working toilets. Do not come to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank robtlee
london
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Great service, beware of offers for Desert Safari outside the hotel. I would advise booking that with a company like Arabian Adventures who we booked with through Emirates. They did airport pick up and drop off which was very convenient.

The actual rooms in the hotel are spacious and the room service is excellent. There are 6 restaurants but didn't even get time to try them as there was sooo much to do.

The gift shop has reasonable souvenir prices and breakfast was buffet with a good variety of hot and cold food.

• Stayed February 2009