“Check in with confidence”

Grand Excelsior Hotel Bur Dubai
Ranked #232 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Grand Excelsior) proved to be ideal for our one night in Dubai.
Our room on the sixth floor afforded excellent views of Dubai's architectural wonders
particularly at night. Very spacious and equipped with all one could need. Comfortable large
beds. Public lounge areas were cool and have plenty of soft couches and chairs.

Staff pleasantly efficient and always helpful. Spotlessly clean everywhere.
Do not be put off by fellow cruisers comments - this hotel does what it says on the tin and does it well.

Room Tip: Go high if you can - sixth floor and up
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin S
There are newer reviews for Grand Excelsior Hotel Bur Dubai

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Currently staying at grand excelsior , arrived yesterday and had nothing but bad service from the start , staff are stuck up especially the women ,
Found my safe open when i returned from the mall . Asked reception to send some one up ... Its been 1 hour and im still waiting . Although nothing was missing to my knowledge the fact that no one has come to see me is poor . Will never return again

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights - staff was good, wifi is free in the room (not often in dubai), rooms are clean and sleep quality was also good. The only thing - Al Karama metro station is very close to this hotel, but they didn't want to let me know this. First day I a took a taxi to the metro station and he started to drive me to the Burj al Khalifa (this taxi is the hotel taxi) in the end he wanted 20 AED to let me out without a bill or anything. I asked him about any bill or something he told me i can get it in the hotel. After i didn't ask, didn't want to spend my time on this.
There are two or three night clubs in this hotel - my room was on a good position so i didn't had any problems with sleeping.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Hoodstar1
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have stayed a few times in Dubai and always be delighted with our choice of hotels, afterall, that is one of the main attractions of dubai, the grand opulent hotels. However, this hotel was booked as part of a cruise package and we did not choose it! It was clean and the staff were friendly but I would never choose to stay there!
It is old, dated Arabic style of hotel - not for me!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nice hotel, very near to Barjuman City Center and Centerpoint. Also, near to Al Karama Metro Station. Hotel has good interiors and beautiful designed rooms. Easy to locate on the main road. Enjoyed 3 nights stay at this hotel. Would recommend for travelers.

Room Tip: Check for Smoking and Non-Smoking rooms/floors
1  Thank Ravish S
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We used this hotel for a recent business conference, and accommodation for about 20 of us. I was very happy with all aspects of this hotel, the conference room was clean, comfortable and a good size, the food was excellent especially the nibbles for the conference and the staff went out of there way to help us, (especially the care taker who lent us his personal tools and the chef who got me custard for a demonstration I needed to do). My own room got upgraded to the captain suite which was amazing, and I like that you get two bottles of water every day. The internet was free and it was much faster then any other hotel I have stayed in. So overall the conference was a success, the attendees were happy and I was happy.

Advice I would give to travellers is make sure you take note of the previous "Dhow Palace" name to avoid confusion as many taxi drivers know it as this.

1  Thank MileLondon
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Staying here now, if you booking make sure you are not at the side of the entrance, there is a nightclub with noise at 3.am when it closes, other then this, nothing to complain good hotel and good friendly staff

2  Thank Vrslider