“Disappointing!!”

Ranked #244 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Muscat, Oman
“Disappointing!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had to stay there as all the other hotels close by were fully booked.

The spate of bad experiences started right from the reception......the female receptionist was surly and ill mannered.

The rooms were worse.........carpets were smelly and upholstery needs changing.

The lobby was very noisy and the breakfast was another disappointment.

The only thing which was a tad interesting was the nautical theme.

All said and done,I doubt i would ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Please stay at some other hotel........Dubai has lot of better options.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at Dhow Palace hotel for a week. It was my 1st time in Dubai.
They we were kind enough to allow me check in 3 hours earlier than normal check-in time at no extra cost.
The meals were excellent and their workers are quite friendly.
I enjoyed the wine and desert the most.
They've got this really nice Health Club at the Last floor, which has a gym, a pool area, a Sauna, a steam room and a massage room.
The hotel has 4 resturants in there. I only ate at two of them....the Chinese resuturant was excellent.
The door men were very helpful.
They'll point you in the right directions, help you get cabs...and help carry ur lugages to your room without demanding tips. They are happy to help.
I enjoyed the tours and Dhow dinner boat cruise.
I was a pleasant stay at Dhow Palace

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Hamynat
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Although late I felt that I should write this review I was booked by the company last year November 2011, we requested an airport pick up, which didn't arrive. Check in was a disaster the female receptionist was very unhappy with her job and it showed, the room had a bad odor, breakfast was very disorganized in fact a chaos. I didn't bother to have dinner at the hotel. There was a noisy bar at the lobby which I felt it didn't help the hotels image at all. I can carry on, however not worth it. I will never visit this hotel if it's the last hotel on earth.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Weston, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had great expectation travelling to Dubai for the first time. I arrived late the night after travelling from Kenya. The receptionist was surly, not welcoming and had a run in with another guest that spilled over to me. The check in experience felt like a transaction.

The room was average with very expensive Wi-fi service. The restaurants Docklands and the Chinese restaurant had average food. The service in the Chinese restaurant was exceptional.

The bellmen provided excellent service. Everyone else was average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
South Africa
Reviewed October 16, 2012

From the moment we checked in at 3 a.m., we were very happy with our choice of hotel in Dubai. Very pleasant staff and lovely decor. We were unexpectedly up-graded to a Viceroy Suite, which was just fantastic. Such luxury - wish we had more time to spend in our suite, but we had a lot of sightseeing to do in Dubai. The buffet breakfast was very nice, with something for everyone...the omelettes were great - certainly didn't go hungry! The Reception, Housekeeping and the Concierge staff, were very helpful at all times. The Hotel arranged the Open Bus tour for us, at short notice and even collected us at the hotel. The complimentary shuttle to Dubai Outlet Mall is also good - pity we only had 2 hours to shop! Definitely Mall to visit. We had dinner at the Hotel's Gypsy Chinese Restaurant which was fab - see separate review. Had a swim in the hotel's pool, very welcome after a hot day of sightseeing. All in all a great stay... certainly would love to go back there, if we are ever in Dubai again. Great value for money!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mokopane, South Africa
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a pleasure it was to stay in the Dhow Palace Hotel. It was a real pleasant surprise when we checked in at 3 o'c clock in the morning to be upgraded to the Viceroy Suite. Everything is clean and of a high standard. The staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel is generally not too far from a metro station but in the heat one would rather opt to take a taxi to their destination. The hotel facilities was very good. The hotel is highly recommended. They have a few fine restaurants in the hotel and I can highly recommend the Chinese Indian restaurant - Gypsy. Their service and the food were excellent. They serve big portions, so be warned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank amclean2016
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great hotel.Booked by my travel agent for my stop over for 2 nights.Big rooms,very comfortable bed,excellent bathroom.Hotel has 24 hrs.check in.It was great stay,and safe as I was by myself.
Hotel staff were helpful and their recommended taxi City 555 was great and reasonable priced.Hotel's buffet was good and again very reasonable priced.In all, lot more for my money that I expected.Breakfast was average, and Wi-Fi to expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo