I was visiting Dubai for the first time with my wife, 3 girls (12, 9 and 2) and parents. Originally, had a booking for a much cheaper hotel based in Old Dubai / Creek area. However, last minute madness (and it really was last minute!) and I found myself cancelling my original booking and going with the OBT (based on Tripadvisor reviews).
The service was excellent in everyway. During our 6 night stay, we were greeted by nothing but smiling faces from the check-in staff to the security to the cleaners to the pool staff etc. This really does add something to the whole experience.
We had a 3 Bedroom Superior Apartment on the 43rd floor. It was absolutely massive! We were all in awe when we first walked in! The living room light and airy and the view was just paradise! You could see the sea, the beach and even the Palm! There were 3 large bedrooms all ensuite with sea views and another bathroom and then one more guest toilet! Kitchen was extremely well equipped and we enjoyed cooking our own breakfast and the occasional lunch / dinner.
The complex has a nice pool / gym area that we made use of a few times. Pool area is overlooked by a building that is currently being constructed which is at the 'ugly' stage currently.
The area around the OBT was wonderful. Lots of restaurants and shops along the tree lined road! On Fri/Sat nights the whole area is alive and buzzing! I discovered a very useful supermarket about 10m walk away to pickup essentials. There is one much closer in the same complex as the OBT but this was more expensive.
Guests of the OBT have complimentary access to a private beach at a linked hotel but we didn't use this service. The Beach over the road from the OBT was beautiful. The pool team at the OBT supplied towels to take over to the beach which is quite decent of them!
There was a lovely lady working at the OBT to assist with trips. We booked the desert safari through her and this was the hilite of our whole Dubai trip!
If I have one gripe, it's around transfers / taxi arrange via the OBT. We took many taxis in Dubai and they were really cheap. There are metered taxis freely available outside the OBT (I think they start the meter at 7.50D). However, the night before checking out, I spoke to the OBT about booking a taxi large enough for the 7 of us for the airport, as we had an early start. I was quoted 160D (over £30). The metered taxis would do the journey for less than half the price. I said I would take a metered taxi and declined the offer with the OBT. Next morning, got into one of the taxis waiting outside having asked the driver if he would take us. As we started our journey, noticed he wasn't running his meter... I didn't question him but once we got to the airport he asked me for... you guessed it... 160D. I obviously paid him but felt that was pretty unfair and cheeky.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This sophisticated beachfront property with its iconic exterior, features 180 luxury serviced and self-catering apartments. The spacious apartments each have a fully equipped kitchen, living room and dining area plus 2, 3 or 4 ensuite bedrooms. Guests may enjoy stunning views over The Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina, restaurants, a swimming pool deck just steps from Jumeirah beach and access to the private beach at Jebel Ali Golf Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JA Oasis Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Beach Tower Apartments Hotel Dubai
- Oasis Beach Hotel Apartments
- Oasis Beach Resort Apartments
- Oasis Beach Tower Dubai