“What a find! Absolutely superb in every way!”

JA Oasis Beach Tower
Ranked #59 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I was visiting Dubai for the first time with my wife, 3 girls (12, 9 and 2) and parents. Originally, had a booking for a much cheaper hotel based in Old Dubai / Creek area. However, last minute madness (and it really was last minute!) and I found myself cancelling my original booking and going with the OBT (based on Tripadvisor reviews).

The service was excellent in everyway. During our 6 night stay, we were greeted by nothing but smiling faces from the check-in staff to the security to the cleaners to the pool staff etc. This really does add something to the whole experience.

We had a 3 Bedroom Superior Apartment on the 43rd floor. It was absolutely massive! We were all in awe when we first walked in! The living room light and airy and the view was just paradise! You could see the sea, the beach and even the Palm! There were 3 large bedrooms all ensuite with sea views and another bathroom and then one more guest toilet! Kitchen was extremely well equipped and we enjoyed cooking our own breakfast and the occasional lunch / dinner.

The complex has a nice pool / gym area that we made use of a few times. Pool area is overlooked by a building that is currently being constructed which is at the 'ugly' stage currently.

The area around the OBT was wonderful. Lots of restaurants and shops along the tree lined road! On Fri/Sat nights the whole area is alive and buzzing! I discovered a very useful supermarket about 10m walk away to pickup essentials. There is one much closer in the same complex as the OBT but this was more expensive.

Guests of the OBT have complimentary access to a private beach at a linked hotel but we didn't use this service. The Beach over the road from the OBT was beautiful. The pool team at the OBT supplied towels to take over to the beach which is quite decent of them!

There was a lovely lady working at the OBT to assist with trips. We booked the desert safari through her and this was the hilite of our whole Dubai trip!

If I have one gripe, it's around transfers / taxi arrange via the OBT. We took many taxis in Dubai and they were really cheap. There are metered taxis freely available outside the OBT (I think they start the meter at 7.50D). However, the night before checking out, I spoke to the OBT about booking a taxi large enough for the 7 of us for the airport, as we had an early start. I was quoted 160D (over £30). The metered taxis would do the journey for less than half the price. I said I would take a metered taxi and declined the offer with the OBT. Next morning, got into one of the taxis waiting outside having asked the driver if he would take us. As we started our journey, noticed he wasn't running his meter... I didn't question him but once we got to the airport he asked me for... you guessed it... 160D. I obviously paid him but felt that was pretty unfair and cheeky.

2  Thank S17NJU
There are newer reviews for JA Oasis Beach Tower

Reviewed April 9, 2010

Just had to write on our return from these fantastic apartments. I am in total agreement with the previous review regarding the oversized apartment. We stayed on floor 5 which isn't premium but the customer service is exactly the same. From the moment we set foot out of the taxi we were made to feel very welcome with very polite staff, we were taken to the apartment personally (which I thought was a lovely touch).
The pool area has been described as small but I had a lovely surprize, the area has lots of sun beds with two pools, a children's section with slide and a jacuzzi. Towels are available free of charge to be used at the pool or taken out and used on the beach, this frees up a lot of extra space in your suitcase! The pool is partly shaded which we found to be a welcome break from the blazing sunshine. They also have water and ice creams for sale at the pool side.
We had been looking forward to this holiday and it certainly didn't disappoint, the hotel provides a free shuttle to the Jebel Ali Golf Resort, all shopping malls and also other attractions. Due to it's position there is a constant stream of taxis passing by (which are very cheap compared to British taxis)and there are numerous restaurants on the door step.
I cannot recommend these apartments enough, if you are a family or a group of friends these spacious, welcoming, well positioned apartments should be your first choice!
Dubai itself is also absolutely wonderful, so much to see and do, we visited the Jebel Ali Golf Resort and spent our first day relaxing between the pool and the beach, had lunch at the beach cafe restaurant, we caught the shuttle back to the apartments and then did a quick turn around and caught the free shuttle to the Mall of the Emerate (viewed the indoor skiing - unfortunately not enough time to take part ).
On our second day we caught a taxi to the Dubai Mall which totally blew us away from the visit to the Burj Kalifa (which by the way is now open to visitors), to the beautiful area of the Gold Souk, to the huge Aquarium, The Waterfall Wall, Indoor Ice Skating Rink, The Dancing Fountains to name just a few attreactions!! We went on from here to the Madinat Hotel at Jumeriah Beach, the souk was fantastic, we also took a ride on an Abra (boat) around to waterway surrounding the hotel.
Our third day was spent with a visit to the pool in the morning with the afternoon going on the Sundowner Desert Safari with Arabian Adventures. This was good, however, I thought the desert drive did go on a little bit too long (maybe that's just me though!), arrived at the camp and went on a very unexpected camel ride which was fantastic, we had henna tattoos ate beautiful food and watched a belly dancer, a lovely night.
Our final day was spent at the Atlantis Water Park on the Palm, we had a wonderful day here and really enjoyed the experience.
Our time was over far too quickly and we are looking forward to return soon!

1  Thank sianonholiday
Reviewed April 8, 2010

wow, the oasis beach, there are so many words to describe this place. Amazing, luxurious, huge apartements, modern, perfect location and the staff were hands down the best staff i have ever came across in an apartment/hotel complex. There was nothing they wouldnt do , if they even see you coming through the door with a small shopping bag, they were infront of you to carry it to your room. The apartment was huge, the views amazing. I would reccomend this hotel/apartment to anyone. We had the 4 bedroom apartment, it was huge, sea views from every room, amazing, there resteraunt Thyme was lovely, food was great, service was great, and yes, they serve alcohol, as does the bar beside it, there is also another bar beside it called frankies. 100% need to go stay here, its amazing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank IrishShaz
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I am sitting on one of the oversized sofas in the oversized lounge in our oversized apartment in this fantastic aparthotel! GET THE PICTURE?

We booked a two bedroomed three bathroomed apartment that came with all the bells and whistles! We stayed on the premium level, which gave you access to the premium lounge, daily laundry service, welcome food package and a meet and greet service at an the airport that whisked you through customs in a couple of minutes!!

We arrived at the OBT at 8.20am, the room wasn't available, check in is at 2.00pm, so we went to the premium level lounge where we met Abbey Falcon (the assistant manager) who rang the restaurant and informed them that we would be calling in for breakfast. Abbey made coffee and fresh orange jiuice and chatted with us and answered all our questions on local eateries, customs, and things to do in Dubai. She was very friendly, really helpful and totally professional in her approach to dealing with a ton of questions asked by four tired travellers fresh from an overnight flight!

The apartments have a small pool that gets limited sunshine, so if you want to lay in the sun all day, you have a three minute walk to the beach! Or you can take the shuttle to the Jebel Ali beach resort (a sister hotel) and spend the day on their private beach.

The service is fantastic, all the staff are very friendly, there is small supermarket , gift shop, spa and salon in the apartment complex, you can get room service from the three hotel restaurants Frankies (Marco Pierre White) Wagamamas and The Thyme.

We had a jeep safari booked by Jackie (Arabian Adventures) at the front desk and that was a trip to remember!

All in all this is a fantastic place to stay!

I booked in October, my recervation was handled by Shinoj Paul, who arranged my meet and greet, which had to be changed as Virgin rescheduled the flight. Noyhing was too much trouble for him, he made sure that our trip was hassle free from the minute we booked. We check out soon and I wanted to write this review while still enjoying the OBT experience!
My thanks to all the staff, especially Abbey and Shinoj. We are coming back here in December and we can't wait!

1  Thank Funlovinfella
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We arrived around 8am after an overnight flight and were very grateful that we were able to check in straight away!

The apartments are all that has been said - very spacious, VERY comfortable - HUGE - beds (I didn't want to get up!!), fully stocked kitchen with all the necessary appliances, good quality crockery and cutlery. I was actually a little worried about my children using the Villeroy & Boch!!

We used the OBT as a base while doing the "busy" stuff in Dubai - before heading to Jumeirah Beach Hotel to just chill.

As has also been mentioned - the pool, whilst very nice - has very limited SUN time! 11-1pm while we were there - by 2pm - the entire area is in shade!

Breakfast at Thyme had very good variety and quality.

We used the taxis to get everywhere that we needed - Aquaventure, Mall of Emirates, Dubai Mall etc etc - we did go once to the Jebel Ali Palm Resort (used the OBT shuttle) once to take our Seawings flight - and the pool and beach there were also lovely.

I would have to say our only disappointment was the Premium Lounge - we mis-understood how this worked - when it said that there were 4 food/beverage presentations daily - we figured it would be a case of going to the lounge and just helping yourself to whatever was available - but this was not the case - it was on a "made to order" basis. We went there twice - both times the only people in the place and the coffee was cold - but the kids enjoyed the cookies. We did also have to call them twice about not replacing the coffee and water - but they did do that promptly when reminded!

Overall - a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We have just got back from spending 5 nights at the OBT. The apartment was spacious and the service exceptional. We arrived at 8am and asked if our room was available. We were told that our room was not availlable but that we could have an alternative room without a balcony. We decided to wait and sat by the pool. The room was still available 2 hours early.

Dubai is amazing and taxi's are really cheap and easy to get so don't bother hiring a car or pre-ordering travel. Dubai marina is a hive of activity with restaurants, the beach, the harbour and shops.

One of the best hotels I have stayed in, especially for the price, would definately recommend it and take any previous negative comments with a pinch of salt!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank charding81
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Extremly nice apartments, really friendly staff! Clean and spacious...

Stayed: March 2010