JA Oasis Beach Tower
$272
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$168
$123
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$294
$300
$249
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$121
Trip.com
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$240
$191
$1,338
$1,225
2,091 results
All reviewsthyme restaurantwelcome packbedroom apartmentpublic beachmaids roomthese apartmentsjebel ali resortgreat apartmentsjbr walkdubai marinabuilding workexcellent locationsmall supermarketsister hotelwashing machinefully equipped kitchenpool area
Reviewed February 11, 2010

The place was magnificent. I couldn't believe the room when I walked in from a thirteen hour flight. There might not be much carpet, but the only thing you should worry about that is the floor being a little chilly if you walk barefoot at all. The rooms were extremely spacious and the bed covers were huge and soft. Also, in every room was a plasma screen television. My favorite part of the whole complex is the fact they have a windowed elevator that goes up to fifty stories; which is quite fast to get there. I can't rate it good enough, it was pretty much perfect!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Booked for a stay over New Years Eve- lucky to escape the dreadful British weather. Got a brilliant deal booking through Hotel.com for a 2bed apartment, which turned out to be even better as we got upgraded to a 3bed apartment - huge or what!!! Although we didnt arrive until 1.00am Dubai time, greeting in reception was great, check-in easy and bags delivered to room instantly, along with Ethernet cable for the internet. Room overlooked beach and fully equipped with everything you could possibly need for a stay and absolutely vast. Beds the MOST comfortable we have stayed in ever - trying to get my teenage son up in the morning was almost impossible!!
Great location for The Walk - very safe, even late at night and a great place to watch the parade of cars go by!! Ate at brilliant Indian restaurant and Chop House also great. Breakfast at Thyme restaurant was good with reasonable selection. Ate there a couple of times in the evening - slightly limited selection and okay food, but also now has a licence so bit of a bonus!!
Shuttle buses to the Malls etc worked well and reasonably efficient.

Just a couple of things to be aware of:
Swimming pool is in the shade for a large part of the day and rather exposed - didnt matter at all to us as we didnt use it, (beach is only a couple of minutes walk away), but for small children could be worth noting.
Also note that there are taxis/limos waiting outside the hotel, just be warned that if you take one of these instead of a normal Dubai taxi, be aware that you will be paying at least 10DHr extra for the ride!

All in all, a truly fantastic trip, would certainly recommend and if we go back to Dubai will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pinkwood
Reviewed February 10, 2010

This apartment is not close to airport but in a great location along Jumeriah Beach Residence (JBR). The atmosphere here is superb with many restaurants and many people from different nationalities enjoying themselves. There is no alcohol served so you feel very safe and not have to worry about drunks that can ruin many locations.

The apartment itself is great. Very spacious 2 bedroom apartment and even had a maids bedroom too. There were 4 toilets in the apartment. My kids loved the space and our double bed could easily sleep all four of us. It was huge. We had 3 LCD Tvs in the apartment too. The kitched was well equipped and you got complementary food and drink on arrival.

The service is excellent too.

Gym is very good and breakfast served was excellent.

Dubai is an amazing place even with the development around it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MDU
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Great place, stayed in 2 bedroom appartment. very spacious. With all appliances available from washing machines, DVD players to dishwashers....However there was a bad stench from the kitchen tiles. but that was not much of a bother

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2010

If you look at my profile, you can see I've stayed in many hotels. The service at the Oasis Tower was some of the worst I've ever experienced, for a property of such quality and value. Let me start from the beginning.

My flight was 7 hours late. This was not my fault. It was the snow's fault. And BA's fault. I had arranged with the hotel for a car to pick me up at the airport. I figured, upon landing, "Welll, they have my flight number and everything so they must know that I'm 7 hours late so surely they will be waiting for me." (I was late because of the snow and ice in London. Yes, I could have called from London while I was sitting on the plane but I didn't. But still...they had my details.)

I arrived in Dubai around 6 in the morning, 7 hours past my 11 p.m scheduled arrival time. There was no car to greet me. So eventually, I got in a taxi and went to the hotel. (which was cheaper, anyhow.) One of the people who met me at the hotel actually said, "Oh, weren't you supposed to come in last night? Oh yeah, your flight was late. So we didn't come and get you." Um...thanks.

I'm just saying...if you're trying to sell yourself as 5-star service, you don't leave people at the airport "because your flight was late." There was never any apology from the hotel, and when I tried to confirm that they wouldn't charge me for this, I got an absurdly worded email that confirmed that although I didn't show up for the taxi, they wouldn't charge me. Um, I didn't show up because I WAS ON A PLANE. And there's this thing called The Internet that tells you when flights arrive.

OK, so here's the best bit. I get to the hotel and I go to check in and I ask if there are any messages for me and there's not. I find this odd because all my friends know that my flight was really delayed. I ask if I can get into a room early and they say no. So seriously I wander the [--] streets of Dubai Marina for 3 hours. Until the spa opens. And they I treat myself to two spa treatments at the Thai place on the 2nd floor--facial and reflexology. Lovely.

After 12, I head back down to the front desk, where five of my friends are WAITING FOR ME. Apparently, they had all left messages at the front desk the night before FOR ME basically saying, "We know your flight is late and you are exhausted. When you get in, please come to our room and sleep." They were all at the front desk, asking where the [--] I was. The front desk NEVER gave me any of their messages. I could have bee sleeping, but instead, I was wandering the streets of Dubai.

One of my friend's sees me, hands me the key to our apartment, and says, "You look exhausted. Go sleep." (I'd been up for over 24 hours at this point.) He then tells the front desk to send me my luggage.

I go sleep for three hours. I wake up, and there is no luggage. I go down to the front desk and I ask where my luggage is and they are all CLUELESS. And they they are like, "Oh, did you want that sent to your room?" And I'm like, "No, I wanted an oil painting of it." WTF? About an hour after that, and after many complaints to the front desk and going directly to the manager, my luggage finally arrives. Around 4 p.m. I ARRIVED AT THE HOTEL AT 6:30 AM.

The rooms are gorgeous. The bath products are lovely. I lked the kitchen arrival pack. The Internet sucks--you need an Ethernet cable from the front desk and part of me is wondering...who doesn't have wireless these days? By the end of my stay, I refused to talk to anyone at the front desk besides for two specific guys.

Oh, and on Sunday, when it was 7 a.m. London time and 11 a.m Dubai time, they did a fire alarm test. FOR 10 MINUTES. Some of our friends got advanced notice. We got none. So we all stood in our PJs, waiting to leave the apartment, until we realized it was a hoax. I hear this fire alarm test happens every Sunday at 11. It's LOUD.

In short, nice place. No service, whatsoever.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Dear KristaInLondon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, which we appreciate all feedback in order to continually improve our services.

I was pleased to read your very detailed and candid review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to your accommodation.

I was most concerned to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction, and I do understand that our guests do sometime have many hours of traveling, and we wish to minimize the arrival process and make it as smooth as possible. I would to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you have experienced during your arrival experience at the hotel.

It is with great regret I learnt of your disappointment with regards to your delayed luggage. It is challenging at times when we are experiencing a high levels of occupancy and guests arriving at simultaneous intervals. I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to hope to welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Yours sincerely,