“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #51 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wow! what a hotel. Our family of 6 arrived exceptionally early and exceptionally jetlagged. We were not only given a room but also an upgrade. The rooms are fantastic. We had 3 spacious rooms, 4 toilets (always handy), 3 bathrooms, a fully stocked kitchen with a very handy complimentary grocery supply, very comfortable beds, pillow buffet, reliable shuttle service, wifi, modern washing machine and dryer. We ate both a dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant (thyme). Both buffet meals were great with a few dishes made fresh for you eg omelettes, pasta (choose your pasta and sauce). The kids had a ball in the pool. You are also able to use the amenities at the 2 sister properties (but we ran out of time). However, the highlight of our trip was the assistance we were given when our 6 year old son became violently ill 2 hours before our departure back to Australia. We had staff organising ambulances to take him to hospital, the security staff were making phone calls for me, the concierge (who had previously given us his direct phone number) even rang us in the hospital to see how we were going and see if we needed anything. Totally amazing service. We have joined their loyalty program because we are definitely coming back next year. I thoroughly recommend you stay here too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tanya D
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Tanya D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

It was lovely to read that your overall experience with us was wonderful! I would like to thank you for your kind words about your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic, the amenities and facilities available in the hotel and in your apartment, as well as the food served in our very own Thyme restaurant.

I was pleased to read that you and your family were well-looked after by my team during your stay with us. You have also kindly mentioned that the highlight of your stay was the assistance you received from my team, which you felt was a totally amazing service! I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Torsten Obermann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived at the apartment at 1.00-1.30am from dubai airport, pleasantly greeted by doorman on arrival, bags taken, ushered into reception and was greeted by Mohamed at his desk, he welcomed us with a big smile, and slowly went through the details of our rental which we had organised before we left home, as we were very tired we were keen to get to our room, there were 4 of us and we had payed for a superior room, which we assumed was a 3 bedroom layout and above the 40th floor. When we got to our room it was a 2 bedder and on the 35th floor. Anyway cut a long story short, we let reception know, and to their credit they rectified the problem and we ended up with a 3 bedder on level 44. Apartments are big, bedrooms are big, kitchen ample, with all appliances,including coffee maker, TVs in lounge and main 2 bedrooms, big dinning and lounge areas, great views of water from our room, What was real handy was a complimentary grocery package and water for us, consisting of bread, cereals, milk, eggs, juices, yogurts, coffee, tea, noodles. that was a nice touch. if you need to re stock you could ring reception and have these items bought up to your room at a cost per item. rooms were serviced every day. aircons worked well, we had a washing machine, but did not have a dryer.
Also WiFi is available in lounge room. There is a great bar and restaurant called Thymes down stares, they have a happy hour 6pm-8 i think every night, double check. also go for the banquet . There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in the street below, most don't sell alcohol. All in all we would stay here again. Also we didn't use the pools or gym but they looked good.

Room Tip: By the way I had to give them a deposit on my credit card as a bond, and when you leave they will do...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear RPAG59,

I was pleased to read your review with regards to your stay with us, and I was happy to know that you received a warm and pleasant welcome from my team. I do appreciate your positive remarks about the apartments in particular the bedrooms, lounge and dining areas which you have kindly mentioned were big and has a well-equipped kitchen, the welcome pack received upon arrival, the air conditioning, the free WIFI, as well as the great views of the beach! I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our very own Thyme restaurant which you felt was great with a good happy hour.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited Dubai with my family in September. We were a family of 8 so had booked a 4 bedroom suite. It was everything we wished for and could not fault the apartments or the service. Check in was smooth and efficient they were happy to fulfill any request we had . Our apartment was on floor 46 so we had fabulous views. The welcome pack was plentiful and was replenished every day. We were also left with bottles of water. The lounge and dining area was big enough for all of us to sit comfortably. The apartment was cleaned every day and the cleaning was spotless. The Elemis toiletries were a very nice touch indeed.

The pool area was well staffed and because we don't have a private beach, we could still get towels from the pool , a mat and umbrella to take to the public beach a short walk away.
Pool area was clean , and very nice 2 pools plus 2 whirl pools what a nice way to relax in the heat of Dubai.

We are right on the JBR walk a good location with may shops and restaurants nearby.

I can not recommend this hotel enough. Would definitely return and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors for a great view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Naz68,

It was a great pleasure to read your very detailed and candid review with regards to your stay with us, and I was happy to know that you would recommend us and you would return in the future as well. I was also happy to know that the welcome you received from my team was warm, efficient and smooth. Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks about the apartment which you felt had fabulous views, the lounge and dining areas that you found to be big and comfortable, the welcome pack that you received upon arrival, the Elemis products available, the beach amenities as well as the hotel’s accessible location! I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to use our swimming pools which you have kindly mentioned were nice and clean!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 11am after an overnight flight and didn't expect our room to be ready but Dimitri at reception did everything possible to get us a room. He advised there would be a delay of approx 30mins but we were shown to the lounge where there was pastries and tea/coffee/juice provided free. We were then shown to our apartment which was very spacious and clean with a good view (partial) f the beach on one side and the marina on the other.

The location was perfect everything you needed on the doorstep and also free shuttle buses to Jebel Ali and the malls. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tracey2204,

I was pleased to read your review with regards to your stay with us, and I was happy to know that you would return in the future. I do appreciate your positive remarks about the apartment which you have kindly mentioned was clean and spacious, the lounge area and the available amenities, the good views of the beach, the complimentary shuttle bus service, as well as the hotel’s accessible location! Please also allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early expecting to have to leave our bags in a storage room as it was way before the check in time. However our room was ready and we were allowed to check in. The apartment was spacious well equipped and finished to a high standard. Very clean too and beds were of a high standard. Even though this isn't a traditional hotel don't let it put you off. The living space and kitchen facilities are ideal for a family or friends holiday together. Being self catering meant that you could breakfast in the room which was great for us and the complimentary hamper filled most of those needs. Staff were really nice and friendly nothing seemed too much trouble. WiFi was a little slow at times but was free in the rooms and communal areas so not a big complaint. Pool good - give you towels for the pool or towels and umbrellas for the beach if needed. A nice place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear homeclubbing,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the apartment which you have kindly mentioned was a great accommodation, spacious, well-equipped and of a high standard, the cleanliness and quality of the beds, as well as the living area and kitchen facilities which you felt was ideal for a family and friends holiday together.

I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were really nice and friendly; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on business. Having arrived on an overnight flight from Nigeria I was a little surprised that no room was available for me. However I was able to relax in a very nice and quiet lounge that was available.

My room was spacious and very comfortable. Slightly strange are the communal areas that have the wifi connection. I don't want to be in a Facetime conversation with everyone else hearing my business! in saying that, all the staff were very helpful and the location is superb. Having the beach so close after a days work is great.

Food in the Thyme restaurant is excellent and there are many other places to eat locally at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard B
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Richard B,

It was lovely to read your review, and I was happy to know that you had a great experience! It is with regret that your accommodation was not ready prior to our standard check-in time of 15:00 hours; nevertheless, I was glad to know that my team had offered you a lounge to relax which you felt was quiet and very nice. I do appreciate your positive remarks about the rooms that you found to be spacious and very comfortable, as well as the hotel’s accessible location to the beach! I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our very own Thyme restaurant, and you have kindly mentioned that the food served was excellent!

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were very helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the JA Oasis Beach for four nights. The apartment was surprisingly spacious, immaculate and came with a great view. The service staff was outstanding their support and service and took care of even the minutest of the details to ensure comfort and pleasure. We went with a full family and each member was pleased. Mr. Syed went out of the way to ensure that our stay was most comfortable and most charming - thank you. The hotel is well situated and just a stone-throw distance from the happenings in the area. The hotel shuttle is well-timed, prompt and offers convenience for the guest. One of the hidden gems of the hotel is its elaborate breakfast - one should not miss it. Will visit again at another opportunity.

Room Tip: Get a room with the breakfast and airport pickup. It is a great value.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Steathford,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an outstanding stay with us! I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel and apartments which you have kindly mentioned was spacious, immaculate and has a great view, the service that you received from my team, the complimentary shuttle bus service, as well as the hotel’s accessible location. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you felt were charming and made your stay comfortable. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our very own Thyme restaurant, which you have kindly mentioned was a hidden gem, due to the breakfast served.