We (family of four) have stayed in what are probably the best two Hotel Apartments in Dubai in the last 6 weeks, the new Emirates Marina and the Oasis Beach Tower, so it's interesting to compare the two.
I'm actually sitting in our apartment on the 47th floor of the Oasis Beach Tower as I write this looking out over the Marina and the beach (using the free internet connection provided in the apartment).
The Superior 2 bedrooom apartment is sensational. Very spacious, very well fitted out with almost everything you could need. There is some construction nearby, as there is almost anywhere along the beachfront in Dubai at the moment, but it is inaudible from the apartment which is a relief (we stayed at the Emirates Marina last month and it was very noisy - construction starts before dawn!).
A major plus for the Oasis apartments is little things like a complimentary tray of basic foodstuff (breakfast cereal, bread, jam, chocolate, pasta and jar of sauce, coffee, teas and sugar), a bowl of fresh fruit and milk (UHT), orange juice and butter in the fridge. These few things are enough to get you started when you first arrive (we arrived at 4am). They do also have a limited 24 hour room service menu. There was also a box of washing powder to use in the front load washing machine in the apartment.
Another really helpful service is a free supermarket shopping service with a check list of basic goods in the apartment. There is not a supermarket in sight so it would probably require a car/taxi trip to do it yourself. The Oasis does also keep some basic items on the premises, but not fresh food/milk.
Oasis apartment guests have free use of the Oasis Hotel which is beach front, located directly opposite the entrance to the apartment tower. The hotel has pools, incl 1-2 or small children, a private beach and water sports, tennis court, sauna, and possibly other facilities which we didn't notice. The hotel also has several restaurants and is very child friendly. The hotel restaurants seem to be of a good standard and reasonably priced with good service. There is a also a Marco Pierre White restaurant in the ground floor of the appt tower.
To sum up, the Oasis Beach Tower Apartments (at least the one we stayed in) is not only cheaper than the nearby Emirates Marina Apartments, is also better in terms location, facilities, quieter and the management are more thoughtful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This sophisticated beachfront property with its iconic exterior, features 180 luxury serviced and self-catering apartments. The spacious apartments each have a fully equipped kitchen, living room and dining area plus 2, 3 or 4 ensuite bedrooms. Guests may enjoy stunning views over The Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina, restaurants, a swimming pool deck just steps from Jumeirah beach and access to the private beach at Jebel Ali Golf Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your JA Oasis Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Beach Tower Apartments Hotel Dubai
- Oasis Beach Hotel Apartments
- Oasis Beach Resort Apartments
- Oasis Beach Tower Dubai